• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    This is a poorly conceived law. (Pardon the terrible pun.)

Certain scenarios that are easily imagined should be a family's decision. Will there be callous people making shallow decisions? Yes. But gov't is not here to regulate morality. It can't.
    Still, Govt regulates morality on a regular basis. Many crimes are against morality and regulated by the Govt in the forms of laws. Murder is but one of these laws.
    We do need Govt btw. It goes hand in hand with civilization and keeping people civilized. There are however some forms of civilization I have no cares about.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Why Rare?

Honest question, no snark intended. If it is indeed safe and legal, why should it be rare?
    Morality. That's my answer. :) People's moral code should inform them that it is, except for certain situations, wrong.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Why Rare?

Honest question, no snark intended. If it is indeed safe and legal, why should it be rare?

Now you've gone and pointed it out - pro-choice find it distasteful (maybe even murderous in their own minds), but mom's right to not be a mom trumps all.

Ever listen to the pro-choice side talk? It's always my right, and my body, my choice. How dare someone tell me what's right and wrong.

The epitome of modern narcissism. Moral relativism in it's purest form.

EDIT: I agree, this law is as bad as the "no texting while driving" law.

MisterChester

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2013
    The Compound
    Still, Govt regulates morality on a regular basis. Many crimes are against morality and regulated by the Govt in the forms of laws. Murder is but one of these laws.
    We do need Govt btw. It goes hand in hand with civilization and keeping people civilized. There are however some forms of civilization I have no cares about.

Often times morality goes hand in hand with making sure rights aren't violated. But it's definitely possible for immoral things to be legal and moral things illegal.

MisterChester

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2013
    The Compound
    Now you've gone and pointed it out - pro-choice find it distasteful (maybe even murderous in their own minds), but mom's right to not be a mom trumps all.

Ever listen to the pro-choice side talk? It's always my right, and my body, my choice. How dare someone tell me what's right and wrong.

The epitome of modern narcissism. Moral relativism in it's purest form.

EDIT: I agree, this law is as bad as the "no texting while driving" law.

I don't think it's narcissism when you don't want the government to overstep their bounds. I don't want the government snooping on MY phone, or internet usage, or anything in my private life. Am I a narcissist?

MisterChester

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2013
    The Compound
    You all know my stance on abortion. I'm not going to get into the subject of abortion itself. (We have plenty of other threads where that's been hashed out, ad infinitum.)

My problem with this bill is that it is unenforceable:

98% of abortions are purely elective. The mother does not have to provide a reason for murdering her unborn child. So, I don't see any way that the State will ever be able to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that a specific mother had an abortion specifically and only for the prohibited reasons enumerated in the bill. So, in my opinion, it is pointless legislation.

This is exactly my point. Regardless of abortion, this is a bad bill. What is the point of passing and signing unenforceable legislation? I think it's to pander. This will be stricken down in court, so why waste the time and money of the state?

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    So...Evangi-Gubner ripped the scab off, brought the Constitutionally-settled issue back out again...and probably lost the election. For no purpose whatsoever, as usual.

Way to go, Mourdock. Kick that sleeping dog.

But...at least we've assured Mr.J that Big Government is doing everything in its power to make sure Eugenics is not practiced in Indiana :rockwoot:

Last edited:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    So...Evangi-Gubner ripped the scab off, brought the Constitutionally-settled issue back out again...and probably lost the election. For no purpose whatsoever, as usual.

Way to go, Mourdock. Kick that sleeping dog.

But...at least we've assured Mr.J that Big Government is doing everything in its power to make sure Eugenics is not practiced in Indiana :rockwoot:

Pence may as well become a common pejorative verb.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I don't think it's narcissism when you don't want the government to overstep their bounds. I don't want the government snooping on MY phone, or internet usage, or anything in my private life. Am I a narcissist?

Are you seriously trying to compare phone records to abortion?

MuttX7

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2015
    Monroe County
    Contention aside...this law will be challenged, and yet again Pence's ideology will cost Indiana's taxpayers millions of dollars in wasted litigation and media expenses.

Not a single "baby" will be "saved".

Not a single "murderer" will be brought to "justice".

...and just what does that "justice" look like, INGO? Our own history already illustrates this in vivid detail:

Treating abortion as murder forces the procedure underground, making it FAR more dangerous for the women who will inevitably seek out the procedure...in other words, treating abortion as murder doesn't "save babies"...it kills pregnant women.

Pence in nothing but a misogynist statist dick.

+1 IMHO, the best post I have seen about this issue. No wonder they won't spend the money to fix the highways, they are saving it to hire P.R. firms.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    So, just out of curiosity, who gets the death penalty after abortion is criminalized? The doctors or the mother's? (Ex post facto, aside)

Kut (wants to see how deep that rabbit hole is)

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    So, just out of curiosity, who gets the death penalty after abortion is criminalized? The doctors or the mother's? (Ex post facto, aside)

Kut (wants to see how deep that rabbit hole is)

How many murderers get the death penalty now? But I'd say both would be guilty, same as if someone hires a hit man. What's the difference?

Top Bottom