• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

Bobby

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 14, 2008
    Muncie/New Castle
    Can we choose neither? I have mixed feelings about having Mike Pence run against Evan Bayh. I live in the 6th district and have been pleased to have Mr. Pence representing our district in Washington, D.C.

He would definitely make things hard for Evan Bayh if not win outright. My problem is that I have been keeping an eye on Richard Behney and Marlin Stutzman and was really hoping either one would win the GOP primary in the spring. With Mr. Pence in the mix, I fear he would be the easy frontrunner in the race and thereby trounce the "little guys" like Stutzman and Behney who are no less conservative.

Here is one example of what I am talking about. When I was in line to get into the recent Indy Gun and Knife Show, a Stutzman campaign volunteer came down the line asking for signatures to get him on the ballot. When the guy with the clipboard came to the people directly in front of me, they started telling him that not only would they not sign the petition but also that he was wasting his time with Stutzman because Mike Pence was going to run and win the GOP primary in the spring. They were telling him this with such a superior attitude that I walked to away with a sour taste in my mouth. I really hate people with know-it-all attitudes because the current Tea Party Movement would never have gotten off the ground with people like that. Anyway, I'll get off my soapbox and include the websites for for Stutzman and Behney if anyone doesn't know who they are.

Here is Stutzman's campaign website: www.gomarlin.com

Here is Behney's: www.richardbehney.com

Last edited:

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Senate for a few terms....

Then the White House!

The GOP could do a whole heck of a lot worse than Mike Pence, that's for sure.

He's got his faults, sure...we all do.

-J-

El Cazador

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2009
    NW Hendricks CO
    I just don't see Pence leaving the House where he has a lot of influence, and a number of leadership positions to become a junior Senator with really nothing to do for a year or so. He went to that meeting with the NRSC out of respect for Cornyn, and in the interview I heard, he demurred pretty hard on saying if he was serious about looking at running for Bayh's seat.

x10

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Martinsville, IN
    thats not even a question that needs answered,

Mike Pence even came down to the Hhrp indoor range and shot with us when he was campaigning

photoshooter

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 6, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Sorry. I won't vote in the poll. I don't believe that it will take a big name like Pence to beat Bayh.

Pence is now #3 in the House Repubs. He can do a lot more good from there than he can as a junior senator.

Plus, if he were pushed into running for Senate, he'd probably also keep running in his safe House district, in case he were to lose on the Senate race.

If Pence wins both Senate and his house seat, then his house district has to have another special election to fill his vacated position. So, the conservatives end up with one less vote in the house until that happens. According to this site: that could easily be up to 60 days if not longer.

Ashkelon

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    changes by the minute
    Pence couldn't begin to challenge Bayh. Senate is for the big boys. I like Pence but he is not in the same league of money nor connection. Now with the new Supreme Court ruling today the upstart canidate is doomed. Evan has way too much corporate backing. It would be majors versus little league

El Cazador

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2009
    NW Hendricks CO
    Pence couldn't begin to challenge Bayh. Senate is for the big boys. I like Pence but he is not in the same league of money nor connection. Now with the new Supreme Court ruling today the upstart canidate is doomed. Evan has way too much corporate backing. It would be majors versus little league
    I beg to differ. Mike Pence has had plenty more positive "face" time on television and in print than Bayh, and Bayh's transparent dash towards the middle is not helping him this time. Too many people have been keeping an eye on this year's issues, and know how Bayh has voted up to this point. Corporate backing will do little for him this time.

And this Supreme Court ruling is the first near Constitutional ruling they've made in a while. Closer than even the Heller decision.

WWIIIDefender

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 7, 2009
    Saudi Arabia
    No way I'd vote for either one. I want to see a fresh face, not a career politician.
    :+1:
    Following the September 11, 2001, terrorist attacks, Congressman Pence was appointed to the Judiciary Committee. In his time on the Judiciary Committee, Pence participated in drafting the Patriot Act and legislation creating the Department of Homeland Security. Then in 2005 Pence voted to make the Patriot Act Permanent.

Mike Pence is not someone I will be voting for. I will probably give Behney my vote.

pinshooter45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    My Issues

Can we choose neither? I have mixed feelings about having Mike Pence run against Evan Bayh. I live in the 6th district and have been pleased to have Mr. Pence representing our district in Washington, D.C.

He would definitely make things hard for Evan Bayh if not win outright. My problem is that I have been keeping an eye on Richard Behney and Marlin Stutzman and was really hoping either one would win the GOP primary in the spring. With Mr. Pence in the mix, I fear he would be the easy frontrunner in the race and thereby trounce the "little guys" like Stutzman and Behney who are no less conservative.

Here is one example of what I am talking about. When I was in line to get into the recent Indy Gun and Knife Show, a Stutzman campaign volunteer came down the line asking for signatures to get him on the ballot. When the guy with the clipboard came to the people directly in front of me, they started telling him that not only would they not sign the petition but also that he was wasting his time with Stutzman because Mike Pence was going to run and win the GOP primary in the spring. They were telling him this with such a superior attitude that I walked to away with a sour taste in my mouth. I really hate people with know-it-all attitudes because the current Tea Party Movement would never have gotten off the ground with people like that. Anyway, I'll get off my soapbox and include the websites for for Stutzman and Behney if anyone doesn't know who they are.
    Here is Stutzman's campaign website: www.gomarlin.com

Here is Behney's: [URL="http://www.richardbehney.com"]www.richardbehney.com[/URL]
    While I'd love to see Bayh go Bayh-bayh, Mr. Pence has significant senority in the house. Love to see him get Speaker if republicans win back the house. Speaker is 3rd most powerful person in Wash. Hard choice...and I think it still might be a tough battle against Bayh, That name is like Daily in Chi town!

CulpeperMM

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I am supporting Richard Behney.

Richard Behney || U.S. Senate 2010
    The Second Amendment
    By Richard Behney
    The Bill of Rights, our first ten amendments to the Constitution, were penned by men who understood what it was like to live under tyranny. These rights are succinctly stated to ensure that there would be limits on the government and that individual freedoms would be secure. When you read them, you begin to understand the type of life the founders of our nation had been forced to live under the heel of King George III. For instance, the Third Amendment guarantees that citizens of the new nation would not be required to house the military on their personal property without the consent of the landowner. The Fourth Amendment guarantees that the citizen’s property cannot be unreasonably searched and seized by the government. The Fifth Amendment assures that private property shall not be taken for public use without just compensation. It also warrants that a citizen shall not be deprived of life, liberty or property without due process. The Sixth Amendment secures the right to a speedy trial by an impartial jury. So it goes with the Bill of Rights. The men who debated these ideals and then sent them to the states for ratification in 1791 knew what the other side of these ten rights looked like. They sought to guarantee that we, as a nation, would not regress to a way of life they had fought to leave behind.

The Second Amendment reads as follows: "A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed."

Understanding the tone of the Bill of Rights, I can tell you the Second Amendment is not talking about hunting or shooting clay pigeons for sport. It speaks to every American citizen’s right to secure their family, home and property. Any law that infringes on this right threatens the stability of our republic, the freedom of our society and our national security.

Why did the founders find this a necessary statement to make as the second of ten rights of the citizens? If you have ever been in a fight with a bully, you know the answer. As long as a bully can push everyone around, he has the upper hand. He can do as he pleases, be it right or wrong. But when someone dares to stand up to him, most bullies will back down (or be knocked down.) I contend that the nine other Bill of Rights have no teeth without the Second Amendment to back it up. People are guaranteed the right to defend their liberties.

Here is where Congress has meddled with the fundamentals of the Constitution. I have heard the argument that the founders wrote the Second Amendment as a precursor to a strong national military, the FBI, police departments, and the like. While this may be true, and I recognize that America is not a wild frontier any longer, it still remains a guaranteed right to bear arms in this country. Whether I agree with the amendment or not is not the real issue here. Every federally elected official swears an oath to uphold the Constitution of the United States. The Constitution guarantees rights to its citizens that are not to be infringed upon by the government or any individual. It is the constitutional responsibility of our elected officials to guarantee this right and stay clear of any laws that would infringe upon our freedoms. When we start subtracting our rights and laying down our liberties, we have something less than freedom. And I think freedom is too precious to be voted into oblivion. I choose to stand behind the Constitution.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    :+1:
    Following the September 11, 2001, terrorist attacks, Congressman Pence was appointed to the Judiciary Committee. In his time on the Judiciary Committee, Pence participated in drafting the Patriot Act and legislation creating the Department of Homeland Security. Then in 2005 Pence voted to make the Patriot Act Permanent.

Mike Pence is not someone I will be voting for. I will probably give Behney my vote.

I am supporting Richard Behney.

Richard Behney || U.S. Senate 2010

:+1: :+1: :+1: :+1:

Behney is a great man and he's one of us. A regular everyday guy like the rest of us.

No way Pence will get my vote. I knew he voted to keep the Patriot Act, but I didn't know about the JC he served on. Thanks for that info.

photoshooter

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 6, 2009
    Indianapolis
    at least four of the 5 guys already announced for GOP Senate slot are Pro Gun (I'm not sure about the latest addition - Haney ... but I bet he is. I'm too lazy to go look).

Top Bottom