• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ihateiraq

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Upinya
    i dont know if anyone has stumbled across my scar posting in the long arms section, but long story short, i really want a scar. i had my old lady call the local gun store, Midwest, and ask about them. some dude told her that "theyre trying to ban them" so scars are "not available to the general public". im not sure that this is true, bc trying to ban and have banned are two completely different things, no? so is this guy correct, or is he a douchebag that took a question from a woman and blew her off?

ElkhartGunner

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 20, 2008
    Eklhart
    i dont know if anyone has stumbled across my scar posting in the long arms section, but long story short, i really want a scar. i had my old lady call the local gun store, Midwest, and ask about them. some dude told her that "theyre trying to ban them" so scars are "not available to the general public". im not sure that this is true, bc trying to ban and have banned are two completely different things, no? so is this guy correct, or is he a douchebag that took a question from a woman and blew her off?

you have to question anything you hear from the guys at midwest. the only reason i go there is for the indoor shooting range. the new store on grape road has alot of idiots in it. if you want good advice or have a ?, ask the guys at the elkhart store. i have found them to really know there stuff. hope to see you there sometime, maybe we can pop off a few rounds.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    The SCAR 16 has hit the stores, but only in a "special edition" version. Regular production SCARs are supposed to be out "any month now". Seems someone was not truthful at Midwest.

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    Is this what you are looking for?

FN SCAR 16 S limited edition : Semi-auto at GunBroker.com

If it is, it ain't banned yet, but you better have some deep assed pocket to dig in!

YeOwZer!

Don't know if the photo will display but it is fine looking but pricey :rockwoot:

pix42568218.jpg

haldir

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2008
    Goshen
    Actually he is kind of right. Since there is the big scare about the possible gun ban (although seems less likely now given the other news we have gotten recently) they are effectively not available... sort of applies to a lot of guns right now.

ihateiraq

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Upinya
    hmm...thanks for the intel guys. i used to like mge, but i cant stand people who talk about what they dont know about. and ive set aside money to buy a few guns, but im in the army...my pockets are quite the opposite of endless. look for me at ranges in nwi in early 2010. when you see someone shooting, and say "wow, that guy is a great shot AND looks really cool. i want to be his friend", youll know its me.

HollidaySlim

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 26, 2009
    Central Indiana
    Midwest strikes again :rolleyes:. I hated going to the store in Mishawaka. Ask 2 salesmen there the same question about a particular product you will get 2 different answers. And if your under the age of 30 your just some punk kid with an attitude that doesn't know his butt from a hole in the ground, the arrogance of most (not all thank god) of their employees is sad. Much better places around ( like ZX Gun) IMO. Sorry to go off topic.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    Holy Cow!!! 6K! Just think of it as being the same price of SIX ARs! Is it THAT good or better?

Oh, was only at MWGE in Elkhart once when I was doing a contract at Elkhart General. Seemed ok, but I didn't ask any questions or anything. Just window shopped.

Balinor

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 30, 2008
    midwest has a scar in stock but they are selling tickets for it
    i think the sticker was right around 4700 i only got 1 ticket

Sajer

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2009
    We still have about 10 tickets left from what I saw the other day. Neat rifle with some interesting design work, but personally i would never pay that much for it. But there is that cool factor of being the only kid on the block with one.

Good luck on the drawing.

ChalupaCabras

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    LaPorte / Kingsbury
    Another case of fear mongering from MGE. There have been no attempts at a ban thus far, and yet the sales staff spouts that line to anyone who strolls through the door.

Its sad really. When we get through this term and there haven;t been any serious ban attempts, a LOT of gun shops are going to have some explaining to do.

teknickle

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 4, 2009
    God's Country
    you have to question anything you hear from the guys at midwest. the only reason i go there is for the indoor shooting range. the new store on grape road has alot of idiots in it. if you want good advice or have a ?, ask the guys at the elkhart store. i have found them to really know there stuff. hope to see you there sometime, maybe we can pop off a few rounds.
    I was thinking of going to the MGE indoor range tomorrow around lunch.
    Anyone else gonna be around?

Bshaw

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 8, 2008
    Kokomo
    Indiana Shops

I have had bad dealings with both Midwest and ZX Gunshops in the past
    When I do get to a Gun show and either are set up I walk right past Midwest & ZX , I will never try to deal with them again this is just the way I feel about these 2 shops ,
    If someone here has had good experiences with one or both I am glad for You

Top Bottom