• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rich8483

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2009
    Crown Point - Lake County
    the other day i filled out an application for a position i knew was open. less than 12 actual hours later. (probably about 4 working office hours) i got an email back already telling me "sorry, we are pursuing other candidates"

now it was just a regular blue collar labor job that im sure i was qualified for and there was NO way they called all of my references already and previous employers and determined i was not qualified. all i could think of. was i was not the correct gender or race b/c yes it was required on the app. and it is a large company. yay for affimative action.

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I can, however, see his flawed reasoning in that Black students' scores on whatever test the students (all of them) had taken were lower, so to bring the scores up, he made available to them an extra opportunity.
    Blessings,
    Bill

I can't help but wonder if he would have a special outing for white athletes because they are under-represented in the NBA.

Doug

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    “The intent of our field trip was not to segregate or exclude students, as has been reported, but rather to address the societal issues, roadblocks and challenges that our African-American children will face as they pursue a successful academic education here in our community.”

We are now forty-six years after the passage of the Civil Rights Act and African-Americans STILL need special help. Will they ever be able to stand or fall on their own?

I'm sorry if that sounds racist, but how much help will be enough?

Doug

No, they're still content to blame Whitey and by no means will any possibly accept that their failures are theirs and theirs alone.

They might wake up and embrace their own destiny, but I wouldn't hold my breath. The last vision for the black race died with Malcolm X.

Save your breath to cool your porridge... at least until the race war starts.

:twocents:

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    No, they're still content to blame Whitey and by no means will any possibly accept that their failures are theirs and theirs alone.

They might wake up and embrace their own destiny, but I wouldn't hold my breath. The last vision for the black race died with Malcolm X.

Save your breath to cool your porridge... at least until the race war starts.

:twocents:

Wow! I did not know that black people had a separate destiny. Would you please tell me what that is? I believe the vision for black people includes that of all people. There are some who refuse to allow black people to achieve the overall vision of America, but those are the one's who I disagree with.

I wasn't aware that the vision for black people dies with Malcolm X. Can you tell me what that vision was, so I can learn a little more about it?

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    the other day i filled out an application for a position i knew was open. less than 12 actual hours later. (probably about 4 working office hours) i got an email back already telling me "sorry, we are pursuing other candidates"

now it was just a regular blue collar labor job that im sure i was qualified for and there was NO way they called all of my references already and previous employers and determined i was not qualified. all i could think of. was i was not the correct gender or race b/c yes it was required on the app. and it is a large company. yay for affimative action.

I went through the same thing for years, so, I went back to school for my B.S. My current employer would not promote me, although I was more than qualified and was sitting as interim. I was told the reason others were promoted ahead of me was because they possessed a masters degree. I am back in school and hope to get that promotion when I graduate.

I will not be held back because some say I need more education. I believe it's a different reason, but I refuse to be stopped.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    In all likelihood, no student who did not fit that group's name ever asked about joining it. For example... If JPFO did not make clear that they were open to all, stating it very clearly and obviously on any membership materials, etc., how many gun owners who are NOT Jewish would express a desire to join? I know that when I was in school, I'd never have given a thought to joining an "African-American Support Group", specifically because I'm not African-American. It's hardly proper to support this guy's actions on that basis.

Bill, it that's the case, we need to change the name of a lot of clubs in our schools.

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    White students receive scholarships from UNCF.

Good....how many based on percentage? Why not call it the United College Fund instead of throwing that nice little race card in there? Also, how would "The United Caucasian College Fund" go over with Al Sharpton and the rest of the hypocrites? White people as a whole have become the most discriminated against race in America and are labeled as racist if they speak out even to defend themselves. I don't like the idea of judging a man by the color of his skin but this is happening on every job application, census statement, and college application.

Pilot

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2010
    Carmel Indiana
    Blacks and Hispanics can play the race card at the drop of a hat and then turn around and make fun of whites without reprecussion. They can go on tv and crack jokes and ridicule whites but god forbid a white man even saying something that could be construed as racist.

I am hispanic. I was not born here in the US. NEVER would I play the race card and neither would anyone else in my family.

There is racism in EVERY race. Black, white, hispanic, asian... you name it. The race card gets played because people (see liberal courts and government) allow it to get played. Then people like myself and my family get a bad name because of what the minority (no pun intended) choose to do.

Until people stand up and put and end to the racial issues, it will continue.

I do agree that whites are discriminated against.. I see it all the time. Its sad and I don't agree with it.

You want to see discrimination? Look at this story...
    California kids blasted for wearing American flag shirts on Cinco de Mayo

It makes me sick. Americans discriminated against IN AMERICA! We are lucky enough to live in the finest country in this world and people want to come and change it. I am a foreigner who came here legally, grew up here, became a citizen, and I am proud to be an American. If where these people come from is SO much better... GO HOME! I will even fly them home!

Not every minority plays the race card. I would even say a small minority of minorities try and play it. We are not all bad! Some of us even side with you.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Good....how many based on percentage? Why not call it the United College Fund instead of throwing that nice little race card in there? Also, how would "The United Caucasian College Fund" go over with Al Sharpton and the rest of the hypocrites? White people as a whole have become the most discriminated against race in America and are labeled as racist if they speak out even to defend themselves. I don't like the idea of judging a man by the color of his skin but this is happening on every job application, census statement, and college application.

The UNCF started in 1943 and was the only avenue for black students to receive scholarships. During this time, scholarships in most PWI's were only for white students. So, now that we are all equal, the name should be changed?

If the percentage of white students receiving UNCF scholarships is that important to you, do the research. Here are some Q&A from the UNCF website.

Q: Does UNCF only support African American education?
    A:UNCF was founded to address inequities in the educational opportunities afforded to African Americans. UNCF believes in higher education opportunities for all Americans. UNCF-member schools do not discriminate and UNCF-administered scholarships are open to all.

Q: Do students have to attend a UNCF-member college to receive financial support?
    A:No. UNCF provides support to students at approximately 900 colleges across the country—including almost all public and private historically black colleges and universities—and other schools including Harvard, Princeton and MIT.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    I'm always getting digs at me about my Canadian heritage. I think I have been victim of a hate crime or two. I'm also tired of all the jokes and weird looks when I ask to dip my french fries in gravy.

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    The UNCF started in 1943 and was the only avenue for black students to receive scholarships. During this time, scholarships in most PWI's were only for white students. So, now that we are all equal, the name should be changed?

.[/quote

Let me ask you this...would the non-white and very liberal white people in America protest a United White College Fund or a United Caucasian College Fund?

NAACP is racist at its core as well as many other color based organizations regardless of who they represent. If a non-white group organizes then it is progression but if its a white based group that organizes then it is hate and racism. I have been a democrat leaning voter for a long time but this is one topic that I definitely go away from a lot of dems that I know on.

stony

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    Pittsboro,IN
    I am hispanic. I was not born here in the US. NEVER would I play the race card and neither would anyone else in my family.

There is racism in EVERY race. Black, white, hispanic, asian... you name it. The race card gets played because people (see liberal courts and government) allow it to get played. Then people like myself and my family get a bad name because of what the minority (no pun intended) choose to do.

Until people stand up and put and end to the racial issues, it will continue.

I do agree that whites are discriminated against.. I see it all the time. Its sad and I don't agree with it.

You want to see discrimination? Look at this story...
    California kids blasted for wearing American flag shirts on Cinco de Mayo

It makes me sick. Americans discriminated against IN AMERICA! We are lucky enough to live in the finest country in this world and people want to come and change it. I am a foreigner who came here legally, grew up here, became a citizen, and I am proud to be an American. If where these people come from is SO much better... GO HOME! I will even fly them home!

Not every minority plays the race card. I would even say a small minority of minorities try and play it. We are not all bad! Some of us even side with you.

:yesway:
    Very well said.

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    I went through the same thing for years, so, I went back to school for my B.S. My current employer would not promote me, although I was more than qualified and was sitting as interim. I was told the reason others were promoted ahead of me was because they possessed a masters degree. I am back in school and hope to get that promotion when I graduate.

I will not be held back because some say I need more education. I believe it's a different reason, but I refuse to be stopped.

Great post.

CB45

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Indianapolis
    on race

I've pretty much come to the conclusion that racism will never die. For as long as people have been different, there has been racism. I don't believe that humans will ever fully accept all humans. It's just the way it is.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    I've pretty much come to the conclusion that racism will never die. For as long as people have been different, there has been racism. I don't believe that humans will ever fully accept all humans. It's just the way it is.

That's a fact.

But we can do something about racist practices by public institutions.

jsx1043

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    "There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism. When I refer to hyphenated Americans, I do not refer to naturalized Americans. Some of the very best Americans I have ever known were naturalized Americans, Americans born abroad. But a hyphenated American is not an American at all. This is just as true of the man who puts “native” before the hyphen as of the man who puts German or Irish or English or French before the hyphen. Americanism is a matter of the spirit and of the soul. Our allegiance must be purely to the United States. We must unsparingly condemn any man who holds any other allegiance. But if he is heartily and singly loyal to this Republic, then no matter where he was born, he is just as good an American as any one else. The one absolutely certain way of bringing this nation to ruin, of preventing all possibility of its continuing to be a nation at all, would be to permit it to become a tangle of squabbling nationalities, an intricate knot of German-Americans, Irish-Americans, English-Americans, French-Americans, Scandinavian-Americans, or Italian-Americans, each preserving its separate nationality, each at heart feeling more sympathy with Europeans of that nationality than with the other citizens of the American Republic. The men who do not become Americans and nothing else are hyphenated Americans; and there ought to be no room for them in this country. The man who calls himself an American citizen and who yet shows by his actions that he is primarily the citizen of a foreign land, plays a thoroughly mischievous part in the life of our body politic. He has no place here; and the sooner he returns to the land to which he feels his real heart-allegiance, the better it will be for every good American."

-Theodore Roosevelt,
    Before Knights of Columbus,
    New York City, October 12, 1915

Top Bottom