• Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    who cares?

I mean really guys. Big freakin deal.

If your school has some kind of "African American" club or after school activety, then have your white kids sign up, attend the meetings, participate, what ever. Then you can complain when they are excluded from the field trip to see the black rocket scientist.

Until then, get over it.

bagjoke.jpg

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    “The intent of our field trip was not to segregate or exclude students, as has been reported, but rather to address the societal issues, roadblocks and challenges that our African-American children will face as they pursue a successful academic education here in our community.”

We are now forty-six years after the passage of the Civil Rights Act and African-Americans STILL need special help. Will they ever be able to stand or fall on their own?

I'm sorry if that sounds racist, but how much help will be enough?

Doug

Much of the "help" given by do-gooders and social engineers has "helped" to divide families, foster a criminal subculture, and create a permanent underclass. Where blacks in the '50's were roughly equivalent to whites by most measures of social cohesiveness, the measures (such as intact families, births within marriage) have tumbled much faster for blacks even as they have fallen pretty fast for whites. The black family has been "helped" into oblivion in the inner city.

llamant

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2010
    From the Fox News Article: "But parents of students who were excluded protested, and the children who went on the trip were booed by their classmates when they returned to school."

Why were boos directed at the students who attended? Shouldn't any disagreemment with the policy/decision have been directed at the administration. Booing at the students was the wrong move.

dburkhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    The UNCF started in 1943 and was the only avenue for black students to receive scholarships. During this time, scholarships in most PWI's were only for white students. So, now that we are all equal, the name should be changed?

If the percentage of white students receiving UNCF scholarships is that important to you, do the research. Here are some Q&A from the UNCF website.

Q: Does UNCF only support African American education?
    A:UNCF was founded to address inequities in the educational opportunities afforded to African Americans. UNCF believes in higher education opportunities for all Americans. UNCF-member schools do not discriminate and UNCF-administered scholarships are open to all.

Q: Do students have to attend a UNCF-member college to receive financial support?
    A:No. UNCF provides support to students at approximately 900 colleges across the country—including almost all public and private historically black colleges and universities—and other schools including Harvard, Princeton and MIT.

So the scholarships are open to all? How many have they actually given to white applicants?

ihateiraq

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Upinya
    Eddie Murphy is funny even without the language. ADC was never funny and was only popular because he was vulgar.

very true.

So, do you think the school would allow a White American acedemic support group, that excluded African American students from trips?

no.

no matter how you want to dress this up, it would never ever if the shoe was on the other foot. we all know it would be the end of the world if anything even approaching the words whites only was allowed to happen at a school. after all, all one person had to say was "not guilty" to get half of la burned down.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    So the scholarships are open to all? How many have they actually given to white applicants?

Like I said in the post, do the research yourself; I don't have the time. However, I know many vets who I told to apply and received them. By the way, they were white soldiers and some of them received funding. Also, I know two white law students who are receiving $10,000 a year ($30,000) from UNCF.

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    Like I said in the post, do the research yourself; I don't have the time. However, I know many vets who I told to apply and received them. By the way, they were white soldiers and some of them received funding. Also, I know two white law students who are receiving $10,000 a year ($30,000) from UNCF.

Are the two law students both from white parents? I have tried to do some looking but can't seem to find any figures of how much money is given to non-black students. The question has been asked so please if you know then share your answer. Also, the vets you told to apply were of what race?

Thanks

dburkhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Like I said in the post, do the research yourself; I don't have the time.

IOW, you don't know and are just guessing.

However, I know many vets who I told to apply and received them. By the way, they were white soldiers and some of them received funding.

I don't suppose you could name three?

Also, I know two white law students who are receiving $10,000 a year ($30,000) from UNCF.

And, again, I don't suppose any names and colleges are available?

Kagnew

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Columbus
    “The intent of our field trip was not to segregate or exclude students, as has been reported, but rather to address the societal issues, roadblocks and challenges that our African-American children will face as they pursue a successful academic education here in our community.”

We are now forty-six years after the passage of the Civil Rights Act and African-Americans STILL need special help. Will they ever be able to stand or fall on their own?

Doug

Liberal politicians (both white and black) don't want them to be able to stand on their own. If they were, they wouldn't be dependent on the government for their welfare. To the liberal mind, "independence" would be the worst thing that could happen.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    IOW, you don't know and are just guessing.

I don't suppose you could name three?

And, again, I don't suppose any names and colleges are available?

No, I don't know the exact number. Why should I? Stop being a lazy criticizer and do the research yourself! You can certainly call and if I'm lying, please out me. However, if I'm telling the truth, don't forget to apologize for calling me a liar on this forum.

Three name? This was over 15 years ago when I was stationed at Ft Bragg. I really don't remember the names, but they matriculated to Fayetteville State University after their ETS. Would you know them, anyway? Or are you just trying to make a different point?

Names, I really don't recall. We all met at a banquet three years ago when we received our award. One of them was a graduate who came out to meet us. You can go to the web site and find them along with their School.

I't the weekend and I don't want another infraction. You have called me a liar and I don't appreciate it, but it's alright. I wish you a good evening.

Kagnew

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Columbus
    Good....how many based on percentage? Why not call it the United College Fund instead of throwing that nice little race card in there? Also, how would "The United Caucasian College Fund" go over with Al Sharpton and the rest of the hypocrites? White people as a whole have become the most discriminated against race in America and are labeled as racist if they speak out even to defend themselves. I don't like the idea of judging a man by the color of his skin but this is happening on every job application, census statement, and college application.

While we're at it, how about an "Indiana White Expo", a "Miss White America" beauty pageant, or a "Circle City Classic" for football teams from four "traditionally white colleges". Woops! Those would be "racist", wouldn't they?

Sorry to be such a "cracker", but are blacks ever going to grow up, assume responsibility for their own lives, and quit relying on the "great crutch"?

Kagnew

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I am hispanic. I was not born here in the US. NEVER would I play the race card and neither would anyone else in my family.

There is racism in EVERY race. Black, white, hispanic, asian... you name it. The race card gets played because people (see liberal courts and government) allow it to get played. Then people like myself and my family get a bad name because of what the minority (no pun intended) choose to do.

Until people stand up and put and end to the racial issues, it will continue.

I do agree that whites are discriminated against.. I see it all the time. Its sad and I don't agree with it.

You want to see discrimination? Look at this story...
    California kids blasted for wearing American flag shirts on Cinco de Mayo

It makes me sick. Americans discriminated against IN AMERICA! We are lucky enough to live in the finest country in this world and people want to come and change it. I am a foreigner who came here legally, grew up here, became a citizen, and I am proud to be an American. If where these people come from is SO much better... GO HOME! I will even fly them home!

Not every minority plays the race card. I would even say a small minority of minorities try and play it. We are not all bad! Some of us even side with you.

Bravo! ;)

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville

Doug

Nope, too much money at stake on the one hand. They don't call Sharpton and Jackson poverty pimps for nothing.

On the other hand, if all of a sudden their life support were to suddenly be pulled from it's energy source and every last American was blind to the color of their skin (literally or figuratively, doesn't matter), the facts would be thrust sharply into focus and into the spotlight.

And if an entire culture were suddenly judged on its own merits without the claims of white oppression, social injustice, and economic disadvantage to act as a scapegoat, it would become obvious that the modern black "victim" culture is one that fosters failure. All people are gonna see is that failure. Not that it's not directly related to skin color, but that one particular skin color seems to be failing relative to others and America as a whole. And some people might just start to think that segregation based on some perceived racial superiority wasn't all that far off.

They can't do it without special help after all. All that marching and protesting would have been for naught. MLK Jr. is probably rolling in his grave to think that the sacrifices and costs paid for real equality under the law for blacks is at risk of being submarined by the blacks themselves.

In short, perpetuation of victimhood is in their best interest at this point. Sad really. Some of these people don't even realize that by pushing the "we need special treatment" cause, they're admitting they're incapable of making it without it. That's some severe shortage of personal pride and self respect right there.

ak keep the second

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    So now hispanics can say its disrespectful to wear an American flag shirt on may 5th (they say cinco de mayo) and get kids kicked out of school for the day. and it’s ok to have a segregated field trip as long as white kids are the ones being left behind??? Both hispanics and blacks (not all) can play the race card saying their being discriminated against, doesn’t sound like they’re the ones being discriminated against to me... Can you imagine if a white principle had taken an all white field trip to see a white astronaut to inspire white kids! The guy would be ridiculed, fired and called a racist white supremacist trying to keep minorities down no matter if his intentions were "good". Why is their such a double standard or am I the only one that thinks that?

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Wow! I did not know that black people had a separate destiny. Would you please tell me what that is? I believe the vision for black people includes that of all people. There are some who refuse to allow black people to achieve the overall vision of America, but those are the one's who I disagree with.

I wasn't aware that the vision for black people dies with Malcolm X. Can you tell me what that vision was, so I can learn a little more about it?

I think what he meant to say was that each man is free to make his own destiny, whatever that may be. Blacks have forfeited theirs by enslaving themselves to the system of self-victimization.

Institutional racism does not exist in America. And there is not a single roadblock or difficult circumstance that is unique to blacks anymore. There isn't a single scenario that you can describe that people of others race don't experience. The biggest impediment to a black person's success is his own mind.

I went through the same thing for years, so, I went back to school for my B.S. My current employer would not promote me, although I was more than qualified and was sitting as interim. I was told the reason others were promoted ahead of me was because they possessed a masters degree. I am back in school and hope to get that promotion when I graduate.

I will not be held back because some say I need more education. I believe it's a different reason, but I refuse to be stopped.

And that would be the difference between you and somebody who plays the victim, wouldn't it?

Last edited:

dburkhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    No, I don't know the exact number. Why should I? Stop being a lazy criticizer and do the research yourself! You can certainly call and if I'm lying, please out me. However, if I'm telling the truth, don't forget to apologize for calling me a liar on this forum.

Why should I have to do the research to support your claim? If you have evidence to back it up, then present it.

Until then, your claim is just "some guy on the internet."

Three name? This was over 15 years ago when I was stationed at Ft Bragg. I really don't remember the names, but they matriculated to Fayetteville State University after their ETS. Would you know them, anyway? Or are you just trying to make a different point?

So, basically, you've got nothing.

Names, I really don't recall. We all met at a banquet three years ago when we received our award. One of them was a graduate who came out to meet us. You can go to the web site and find them along with their School.

I't the weekend and I don't want another infraction. You have called me a liar and I don't appreciate it, but it's alright. I wish you a good evening.

What you fail to realize is that it's up to the person making a claim to back it up. Without that we're left with the last line from Plan 9 from Outer Space ("Can you prove it didn't happen?").

15 year ago you said. Are you really so certain that you remember the situation and every detail accurately? And even if you were certain, well, human memory is a funny thing. The certainty with which we hold certain memories has very little to do with how accurate those memories are.

Top Bottom