• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PRasko

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 3, 2013
    Amish country
    I debated whether or not I should post this question but I'm wondering if what I did was correct, and should I contact the MSP about this?

I was standing in line in a gas station, this station is about a mile south of michigan, when the guy standing behind me asked me in a very condescending tone if I was carrying a handgun in my pocket. My immediate reply was, it's none of your f'in business. I was in fact carrying my shield 9mm, like I always do, in my pocket inside of a desantis holster. If you look hard enough, you can see the M&P logo on the bottom of the magazine.

He then proceeded to step out of line, and stand by my side, and he then very quickly flashed his badge in his wallet. It was fast enough that all I saw was the state of michigan seal on it. He was in plain clothes I might add. He then said, "It is my f'in business because I'm a police officer, and when an officer confronts you, it's law that you must inform that officer if you're carrying a firearm or not".

I replied by telling him his feet were firmly planted on Indiana soil, and Indiana was NOT a must inform state. Therefor his states laws do not apply to me.

He then told me that he could detain me until an Indiana officer could arrive and check me out.

I held my hands out so he could cuff me and said, I don't know what your probable cause is, but if you feel the need to violate my constitutional rights to illegally enforce your state laws in this state, I will be more then happy to settle this litigiously in court.

He gave me the dirtiest look on earth and walked away from me saying he'll be right back. I said, I won't be here so don't bother.

On my way out I saw him standing next to his suv with cellphone in hand yelling at the top of his lungs. I wrote down his plate number while I was filling up, before he got in his car and sped off.

Again, would you contact MSP about his misconduct?

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Make the call and even call the ISP, County or local PD and inform them what happened also. The local PD could pull the video footage if need be.

Good job handling the situation.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Do it.

He was trying the intimidation tactic on you. They get real pissy when it doesn't work. I've seen a few cops do the temper tantrum meltdown dance. Always makes me sad that they'll go home and beat their dog or wife because of it.

FTR (For The Record) - My best friend was a great cop but not all of them are good people.
    Some Cops Suck!

PRasko

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 3, 2013
    Amish country
    I spent the majority of my life around cops, so I know that most of them are nice guys, and that it's only a few that are asses.

What's bothering me is that I couldn't hear what he was yelling, more than likely, at some poor Indiana 911 operator.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I believe the OP said he got the plate number so if he was impersonating a police officer they have a lead. Either way I think the OP should contact the authorities.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    I believe the OP said he got the plate number so if he was impersonating a police officer they have a lead. Either way I think the OP should contact the authorities.

........and then tell us all about it immediately. Because we're here waiting.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    ........and then tell us all about it immediately. Because we're here waiting.
    I'm not eating or sleeping until I find out. (Well maybe just a snack and a short nap.) BUT THAT'S IT!

Top Bottom