• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • col132

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 11, 2010
    Just something to keep in mind when the MEU couses get too easy. They were designed to be fired while wearing full battle gear. Adjust times accordingly.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    And on turning targets. :)

Of course, once you get used to seeing how turning targets work, you actually get more time since you can start as soon as you see the targets moving and then there is time as they are turning away when you can still get hits before they disappear. You might get a few extra tenths of time, depending on how fast the particular targets turn.

Wabatuckian

Smith-Sights.com
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    Wabash
    Of course, once you get used to seeing how turning targets work, you actually get more time since you can start as soon as you see the targets moving and then there is time as they are turning away when you can still get hits before they disappear. You might get a few extra tenths of time, depending on how fast the particular targets turn.

So what if one were to, say, cut the target in half like a playing card? :rockwoot:

Josh

ST19AG_WGreymon

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 14, 2010
    Saved for whenever I decide to get an AR-15. I do have an AK-74 though and am currently working on getting a Rock Island 1911.

grizman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 24, 2010
    Home
    I am supposed to yield control of a high stress situation to the LEO because he is the "expert"! LMAO
    Come on! I spent 22 years as a Ranger, training and living for high stress situations! I was very good at my job and still keep my skills sharp! I have attended many civilian tactical schools in the 4 years since I retired and I can tell you some are good basic schools. The LEO only back ground instructors were lacking in comparison to a military trained operator.
    When I say "operator", no offense to any brother VET's, that doesn't include Marine grunts,Army grunts or any other soldier that would fall into the "LEG" designation.
    I know here comes sh*t storm from some the Marines out there about how all Marines are Ranger qualified straight out of boot camp BLAH BLAH. For those guy's I say "BS pal" I have seen precious few Marines that volunteered for the Rangers make selection. Those that did struggled just like the rest to stay in and graduate. Even the RECON and MEU Marines I saw try weren't prepared. SEAL's and Ranger's are, from my "limited" exp, the only true operators in the forces.
    People can have any opinion they like, but until they have lived the life it is just an opinion. I spent as I said 22 years proudly serving as one of the highest trained most capable warriors this proud nation can produce. A flat foot with 14 weeks total "training" at ILEA is not my superior in any high stress situation let alone a firefight!
    I am not bashing LEO's by any means, just pointing out some facts. I have family and friends in the LE community. I have done some "exercises" with those LEO's after they received their ILEA training. I through the use of my training and borrowed dummy training weapons showed them what it would be like to attempt to disarm and or gain physical control over a true trained person. ILEA training wasn't enough to even put up a good fight!
    I found a video that I watch from time to time just to remember what I did all the time for so long!
    YouTube - US Army Rangers and YouTube - Suicide Missions: Army Rangers (Part 4 of 5) for info.

Ranger lead the way! and I add " till we die!"

Top Bottom