• ...and so much more!
  • Pyroponce

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2011
    South Bend
    WNDU article

We found a container of what likely is meth left in the parking lot this morning. Mishawaka police have been watching it for nearly six hours now, waiting for ISP to arrive.

I find it funny that I feel safer at work now, since there are a whole bunch of officers within shouting distance.

Last edited:

mcolford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 8, 2010
    Thats right up there with a wallet that was found by our local department last weekend with a bag of cocaine inside it, haha! I hope someone calls asking for it back.

lrahm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    Newburgh
    Come on down south. I hate to say it (really do), but we are one of the meth capitals of the states. It's difficult to look at a vacant house without suspecting that a "cook" happened there last night. We get run after run of people buying precursors for making meth. You can actually drive down most alleys and find plastic soda bottles with tubes stuck on top thrown in the trash. I made a run last week where we were doing a search warrant of a van for meth and heard fire trucks down the street. It seems some people walked up to a front porch of a house and started a cook. It caught fire and the FD was called. Please count your blessings if your community hasn't started the problem or if it isn't out of control. A one pot cook has the explosive power of C-4.

Constructionist

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    Come on down south. I hate to say it (really do), but we are one of the meth capitals of the states. It's difficult to look at a vacant house without suspecting that a "cook" happened there last night. We get run after run of people buying precursors for making meth. You can actually drive down most alleys and find plastic soda bottles with tubes stuck on top thrown in the trash. I made a run last week where we were doing a search warrant of a van for meth and heard fire trucks down the street. It seems some people walked up to a front porch of a house and started a cook. It caught fire and the FD was called. Please count your blessings if your community hasn't started the problem or if it isn't out of control. A one pot cook has the explosive power of C-4.

Yep. It's bad down here. I'm a pharmacist at an Evansville CVS and I'm "sold out" at least 15 times a day of pseudoephedrine products. My wife worries about me getting jumped going in or out of the store by an upset tweaker, but there's not much I can do about it. I know LE is doing what they can to combat the spread of Pickin Pox down here, but there's only so much that can be done. A recent article said approximately 160 houses sit vacant in the Evansville area, abandoned due to the damage caused by meth being cooked inside. The owners/landlords can't afford to repair and renovate, so they sit. If that many houses are already destroyed, one can only wonder how many active cooking sites exist at any given moment down here.

And some people wonder why my wife and I carry 24/7 (except when I'm at work, due to company policy).

lrahm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    Newburgh
    Yep. It's bad down here. I'm a pharmacist at an Evansville CVS and I'm "sold out" at least 15 times a day of pseudoephedrine products. My wife worries about me getting jumped going in or out of the store by an upset tweaker, but there's not much I can do about it. I know LE is doing what they can to combat the spread of Pickin Pox down here, but there's only so much that can be done. A recent article said approximately 160 houses sit vacant in the Evansville area, abandoned due to the damage caused by meth being cooked inside. The owners/landlords can't afford to repair and renovate, so they sit. If that many houses are already destroyed, one can only wonder how many active cooking sites exist at any given moment down here.

And some people wonder why my wife and I carry 24/7 (except when I'm at work, due to company policy).

I know that you guys do the best you can and we appreciate it. The problem is so bad down here, the average officer has more experience than most meth suppression units in larger cities. We have one officer that is a transfer from a neighboring county and I know that he has done in excess of 500 labs. This is a super valuable tool for us when dealing with these people.

Constructionist

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    I know that you guys do the best you can and we appreciate it. The problem is so bad down here, the average officer has more experience than most meth suppression units in larger cities. We have one officer that is a transfer from a neighboring county and I know that he has done in excess of 500 labs. This is a super valuable tool for us when dealing with these people.

Thanks. Quick question: is it random skuzz balls mostly doing the cooking, or are the gangsta wannabes getting in on the action?

So as not to thread jack any more - OP, is the one-pot method becoming more prevalent up there? From what I gather it's gaining steam down here, and it's the most dangerous cooking approach yet.

lrahm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    Newburgh
    Thanks. Quick question: is it random skuzz balls mostly doing the cooking, or are the gangsta wannabes getting in on the action?

So as not to thread jack any more - OP, is the one-pot method becoming more prevalent up there? From what I gather it's gaining steam down here, and it's the most dangerous cooking approach yet.

I wish that I could post the picture that was taken form the explosion last year. It shows a guy screaming in pain in the street after his "one pot" blew up. He is standing oin the middle of the street with half of his clothes burned off. We actually found a place that had 100 single pots going at once. Maybe if I get the nerve, I'll post it. It was on the C&P website.

I think that the wannabes are too stupid or don't have the nerve...there is a fine line. Remember all these people failed basic chemistry.

Pyroponce

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2011
    South Bend
    In the bakery section or the deli?:D

Y'know, more than one person suggested that it was actually a cake.

Thats right up there with a wallet that was found by our local department last weekend with a bag of cocaine inside it, haha! I hope someone calls asking for it back.

OMG you found my wallet!!!

It sure seems like it. I heard a fellow got busted around here the other day with two dozen (!) or something crazy like that.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    Someone is going to be pissed that they lost their stash.

Several years back after Supercross, we stopped at an Arbys in Kokomo and noticed something a bit odd. We saw a pill bottle with what appeared to be crack inside. I said something to the guy working behind the counter and he almost immediately took a smoke break. When we left, we noticed that there was no longer a pill bottle of crack on the floor. I'm guessing he had a decent weekend.

I know a guy on ISP that is more than burnt out on meth lab busts. I don't know numbers for the last few years but I know in 2008, there were 41 active labs busted in Marshall County. At least we excel at something.

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    We had a major raid here in Lapaz about a month ago. There were 7 ISP cars, 3 County, and a Plymouth canine cop. The meth house was only a block away from me. This is all in a town of around 300 people. It's getting worse and worse.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    We had a major raid here in Lapaz about a month ago. There were 7 ISP cars, 3 County, and a Plymouth canine cop. The meth house was only a block away from me. This is all in a town of around 300 people. It's getting worse and worse.

But what else is there to do in La Paz?

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake

Dang, I had no idea it was that bad around here. I've never even seen it.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    Cooking meth and walking from the trailer park to McDonalds. That's about it.

My goal in life is to be the KING of the nice trailer park. You'd be more than welcome to come over so we can walk to McDonald's for some coffee before heading on over to Dollar General.

lrahm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    Newburgh
    Dang, I had no idea it was that bad around here. I've never even seen it.

Go take a look at the house in the subdivision north of you next to 164. It can happen anywhere. We are dealing with it on a daily basis. We get calls all of the time telling us that car loads of people are hitting certain drug stores buying pseudo. We've even heard that people are walking around with the one pots letting off pressure in high traffic areas. The clean up costs are killing us also.

take care.

Big thing to look for are 20 oz. soft drink bottles with hoses attached to the end. If you see them in trash places, it's wher they are dropping off their trash after a cook. It might have a "tan" type clay residue in the bottom.

lrahm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    Newburgh
    Had a lab we took down several months ago. I still laugh at it because some of the outrageous ways people think about trying to hide the smell it gives off. The guy and gal had a plastic 50 gallon drum set up in the furnace closet (they took the furnace out). The lid was on the 50 gallon drum and they had a makeshift hose going up into the furnace vent using a vacumm cleaner to force the air up. The air was then vented off the top of the house.

Top Bottom