• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Ok guys. I'm open to suggestions. Let's keep it on track and no arguing. Keep it civil and productive.

Again, I'm open to all suggestions.

Please keep in mind we cannot have signs. Not sure about flags yet, but no signs.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Also I would like to see some ideas for educational material to hand out to people as we walk.

Spot Me 2

Expert
    Rating - 97.8%
    45   1   0
    Also I would like to see some ideas for educational material to hand out to people as we walk.
    How about copys of the Constitution. Both the state, and federal. I don't think most people know whats writen in either one!

YES, we have a state constitution. It used to be taught in schools. By law it has to. This law is no longer being upheld.

Last edited:

MoparMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Maybe some kind of packet with:

The Constitution
    The Pledge of Allegiance
    Indiana Gun Laws
    Some more stuff, just a quick thought.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    How about copys of the Constitution. Both the state, and federal. I don't think most people know whats writen in either one!

YES, we have a state constitution. It used to be taught in schools. By law it has to. This law is no longer being upheld.

I know. It's a shame. I have about 40 copies of the Pocket Consitution and DoI I can hand out. Unfortunately, Heritage is now charging for them and unless I can come up with a fund raiser of find people willing to donate, I can't buy more.

I wonder if Bryan Lee Ciyou would donate some copies of his book "Indiana Handgun Law" or allow passages from same to be reproduced into flyers for handing out to the masses?

That would be a good idea. I might have to ask him if I can make copies of some passages to hand out to people. I have both copies currently published. This would be good. I should see if I can meet with him.

Spot Me 2

Expert
    Rating - 97.8%
    45   1   0
    I know. It's a shame. I have about 40 copies of the Pocket Consitution and DoI I can hand out. Unfortunately, Heritage is now charging for them and unless I can come up with a fund raiser of find people willing to donate, I can't buy more.

That would be a good idea. I might have to ask him if I can make copies of some passages to hand out to people. I have both copies currently published. This would be good. I should see if I can meet with him.

I will see what I can do to get as many free copies as possible. Many places are doing that now.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Here is a letter I hastely typed up to send to Mr. Ciyou. Any thoughts, suggestions before I hit send?

Dear Mr. Ciyou,
    I'm organizing an Open Carry Walk through Downtown Indianapolis. It is being discussed at length at INGunOwners.com. We have decided not to have signs, and stay off city streets and avoid anything to be considered a parade so we can by-pass the permitting process. We are trying to do so in the most legal way possible and I'm currently waiting for an inital meeting with the IMPD to declare our intentions and gain some information from them.

We decided instead of stopping to talk to people at length, it would be best to hand out information to people. We were wondering if we could get your permission to use excerpts from your book "Indiana Handgun Law" in our material we will be handing out? Someone asked about getting many copies of the whole book, but I figure excerpts would increase sales of the book and help to educate more of the public.

If you would like to discuss this further maybe we could meet sometime to discuss this or you can just email me back. I appreciate any help you can offer us and await your reply regarding permission to or not to use material from your book.

Thank you so much!
    Ryan Savage

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I will see what I can do to get as many free copies as possible. Many places are doing that now.

Thank you! I'd rep you, but I'm repped out! :):

I've still got about 10 copies of the "Heritage Foundation" Constitution I will be glad to donate to the cause.

Again, THANK YOU! I owe you some rep!

You could, but who wants to slog through all that legalese? Bryan's book does a good job of summarizing or explaining the law in ways that laypeople can understand.

Which is why I'm going to request permission to do so. :D

USMC_0311

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 30, 2008
    Anderson

I can help with money.:D

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Mar 26, 2008
    Deadman's Hollow
    You could, but who wants to slog through all that legalese? Bryan's book does a good job of summarizing or explaining the law in ways that laypeople can understand.

I understand that, but I know most people couldn't navigate their way through law and codes, let alone take the time to do so. If they were highlighted somehow it would prove to them that it is actually in the books and not just hear say.

IDK, just trying to be proactive. :draw: I have not read Ciyou's book, so I do not know the way he has written it.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Dear Mr. Ciyou,
    I'm organizing an Open Carry Walk through Downtown Indianapolis. It is being discussed at length at INGunOwners.com. We have decided to stay off city streets, carry no signs, and avoid anything that might result in the walk being considered a "parade," in order to avoid having to secure a permit and insurance. We are trying to do this in the most legal way possible and I'm currently setting up an initial meeting with the IMPD to declare our intentions and gain some information from them.

We decided that, instead of stopping to talk to people at length, it would be best to hand out information to those who might have questions or concerns. We would like your permission to use excerpts from your book "Indiana Handgun Law" in the informational material we will be handing out. Someone asked about getting many copies of the whole book, but I figure using excerpts would increase sales of the book and help to educate the public at the same time.

If you would like to discuss this further, please Email me at [address] or call me at [number]. I appreciate any help you can offer us, and await your reply.

Thank you so much!
    Ryan Savage

Suggested edits in red. For a faster response, you might try just calling the guy, or chatting him up at the 1500 this weekend.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Moreso in this case, because its affirmation of our RKBA acknowledges the defense of self and says nothing about a "militia," which is what the anti's like to get all fixated on.
    It wouldn't hurt to put this in your stuff somewhere.

US CODE: Title 10,311. Militia: composition and classes

ITLE 10 > Subtitle A > PART I > CHAPTER 13 > § 311 § 311. Militia: composition and classes

(a) The militia of the United States consists of all able-bodied males at least 17 years of age and, except as provided in section 313 of title 32, under 45 years of age who are, or who have made a declaration of intention to become, citizens of the United States and of female citizens of the United States who are members of the National Guard.
    (b) The classes of the militia are— (1) the organized militia, which consists of the National Guard and the Naval Militia; and
    (2) the unorganized militia, which consists of the members of the militia who are not members of the National Guard or the Naval Militia.

Just in case someone ever brings it up. You are already members of it, unless you're too young or too old.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Thanks Shooter.

I would try to catch him at the 1500, but usually only his wife and father show up, not him. I know because the last 1500 I stopped by everyday to find out if I could get my copy signed. :D The previous ones were the same as well. I anxiously await the coming of his new version of the IHL.

Top Bottom