• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bisley Man

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Whitestown
    Col. Barfoots' fingernail clippings have 10,000 times the integrity of the sniveling, self righteous,pus hearted hemorhoids dissing his First Amend. rights

dburkhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    What you are forgetting is there was a place for people like them in the Gulch.

Only if they were invited.

None of them were because, quite frankly, none of them were important enough to Mr. Galt. He can get partial extenuation in that he probably never knew that Cherryl Brooks was a potential producer. Only partial because his plan apparently never considered all the Cherryl Brookses that would get crushed as a result of his actions. And he doesn't get a pass for Willers or Tony. Both were in close association with somebody he was watching. He might get a little bit because of Tony's late turn (but not considering that people can turn is a mark against Galt), but Willers was a non-moocher, non-looter from the very start. No excuse there.

We aren't talking about a few rouge politicians here. The communist ideology has permeated at least a third, if not half of our society. Yes, we can defeat this batch of rogue politicians but there will be a new crop worse than current batch to replace them.

Where do you think politicians come from? Do you think they spring full-grown from the brow of Zeus? What have you done to find someone "good" to run, to build an organization to back him or her, and to put the politician you want into office?

1/3 to 1/2? That's about the same percentage who were in favor of remaining loyal to Britain in the revolution. What about the other 1/2 to 2/3? You just want to write them off like Galt did?

I don't know where you are located, but consider Indianapolis. 19136 votes in the primary could have put anyone on the Republican ballot for US representative, 7th district. In the 3 months before the election a volunteer organization of about 100-200 people, working at making phone calls, writing letters, and above all pushing doorbells could generate those 19136 votes. Given six months before that a few dedicated friends could put together that organization of volunteers. Doing so would require that at least one person in that few dedicated friends be well familiar with the local "political landscape." For someone starting from scratch, getting familiar might take a dedicated person 6 months to a year.

Once one has a person on the ticket for the general election as a Republican, one pretty much has 1/3 of the vote locked up. Campo was a "last minute" entry with essentially nothing to back her up and got 34% against Carson's 65%. Put that volunteer organization to work between primary and general election and start with a better candidate and Carson had better watch out.

In short, if you really want it and can find a few friends who have sufficiently similar desires you have a pretty good chance of putting anyone you want into the House.

Elections are won by votes and votes are in the precincts. It's not the people espousing "communist ideology" that are the problem (except that they are better at "getting out the vote" apparently), it's the people who can't be bothered to actually get involved and would rather just sit and complain about things or talk about "going Galt."

"The only thing required for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing." Edmond Burke

There's nothing new in anything I've said above. All of it is described in detail in the late Robert A. Heinlein's "Take Back Your Government" (which I have touted on these forums more than once).

I, unfortunately, am only at step one, getting familiar with the local political landscape (latecomer to getting serious about politics).

Where are you?

alfahornet

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 25, 2008
    I have not yet had a chance to read the entire thread but I can only say at this point this man deserves the right to his flag pole and routine. I hope an organized effort can be made to support him in keeping that right.

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    This is one of the most outrageous things that I have ever heard, Sad that they could come to this, what a disgrace that HOA is.

haldir

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2008
    Goshen
    I have not yet had a chance to read the entire thread but I can only say at this point this man deserves the right to his flag pole and routine. I hope an organized effort can be made to support him in keeping that right.

That is probably the only hope. Shame the association into backing down. That has happened in some of the similar cases in the past IIRC.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    First off He has earned the right and privalege to do what ever the hell he wants to do!
    Second his nieghbors should be ashamed of themselves for their actions.
    Third the Lawyers... Well sharks are sharks... they obviously smelled money somewhere.

Just another reason for me to believe Jeremiah Johnson had it right...

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    I really don't see what some of you hope to accomplish by calling the law firm representing the HOA.

I don't know if it will make any difference. I called and expressed my opinion. For myself I feel better about myself for not letting it just slide.

bw210

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Sep 24, 2009
    Kouts, IN
    From: CMOHS.org - Second Lieutenant BARFOOT, VAN T., U.S. Army

Citation
    For conspicuous gallantry and intrepidity at the risk of life above and beyond the call of duty on 23 May 1944, near Carano, Italy. With his platoon heavily engaged during an assault against forces well entrenched on commanding ground, 2d Lt. Barfoot (then Tech. Sgt.) moved off alone upon the enemy left flank. He crawled to the proximity of 1 machinegun nest and made a direct hit on it with a hand grenade, killing 2 and wounding 3 Germans. He continued along the German defense line to another machinegun emplacement, and with his tommygun killed 2 and captured 3 soldiers. Members of another enemy machinegun crew then abandoned their position and gave themselves up to Sgt. Barfoot. Leaving the prisoners for his support squad to pick up, he proceeded to mop up positions in the immediate area, capturing more prisoners and bringing his total count to 17. Later that day, after he had reorganized his men and consolidated the newly captured ground, the enemy launched a fierce armored counterattack directly at his platoon positions. Securing a bazooka, Sgt. Barfoot took up an exposed position directly in front of 3 advancing Mark VI tanks. From a distance of 75 yards his first shot destroyed the track of the leading tank, effectively disabling it, while the other 2 changed direction toward the flank. As the crew of the disabled tank dismounted, Sgt. Barfoot killed 3 of them with his tommygun. He continued onward into enemy terrain and destroyed a recently abandoned German fieldpiece with a demolition charge placed in the breech. While returning to his platoon position, Sgt. Barfoot, though greatly fatigued by his Herculean efforts, assisted 2 of his seriously wounded men 1,700 yards to a position of safety. Sgt. Barfoot's extraordinary heroism, demonstration of magnificent valor, and aggressive determination in the face of pointblank fire are a perpetual inspiration to his fellow soldiers.

Col. Barfoot did not "win" the CMH, any more than anyone ever has.

He earned it.

These ___________ should be standing there and saluting the flag as he raises it! :xmad:

Thank you, Col. Barfoot, for your service to our country. God bless you, sir!

Bill

I could not have said it better.

And now on tho the Citation: ARE YOU KIDDING ME? This sounds like something DC comics came up with for Batman or Superman's new issue. I could only humbly wish to meet Col. Barefoot to graciously thank him for what he has done for our country.

I have posted on other forums and some others already have. This story is spreading like wildfire:patriot:

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    maybe someone should call the local media.... i am sure they would love to air a story before the national outlets do... and i think its only a matter of time before this one makes the national news.

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    HOAs are for pukes.

Happily I don't have one and wouldn't move to a locale where I had to surrender any rights to one.

That said, I'm think I'm going out this weekend to buy one of these:

4151DJNVPFL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

c57552be-d040-4b2f-87c1-1c60fd909f2c.jpg

Get your own today! (Themed Homemade Mailboxes - A Waymarking.com Category)

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    They should setup somewhere you can pay $ toward his lawyer fee's :-)

I can't really afford it right now, but I'll figure out a way.
    If he decides to fight this abomination, I have a $100 bill that I will donate to his, and the flags defense.:patriot:

My phone call will be forthcoming .:xmad:

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    our country has never been more free than since the day we ratified the constitution. Ever since that day, government at all levels have worked to take away our rights. So much so that the constitution is no longer recognizable and we are considered terrorists if we talk about it today. There have been few bright spots (most notably Reagan) but for every step we take back to our roots, we take 10 more to communism. Look at the 21 years since Reagan.

I want you to do a few things.

1. Write 2 checks totalling $45k to the state and fed for 1 years taxes ( I did as power of attorney). Better yet, cut out the middle men and hand out that $45k in hundreds to every welfare queen and illegal you can find.

2. It's more than just politicians. Work to fix our broken schools that churn out high school graduates that can't find Louisiana on a map. Those losers are your future voters. Our founders required voters to have "skin in the game". Now, Mickey Mouse votes thousands of times.

3. Volunteer your time and hard earned money for your politician of choice and hope they don't turn into the next power hungry republicrat.

Come see me in 5 years after you have done all these things. I won't have to tell you I told you so because you will already know.

Only if they were invited.

None of them were because, quite frankly, none of them were important enough to Mr. Galt. He can get partial extenuation in that he probably never knew that Cherryl Brooks was a potential producer. Only partial because his plan apparently never considered all the Cherryl Brookses that would get crushed as a result of his actions. And he doesn't get a pass for Willers or Tony. Both were in close association with somebody he was watching. He might get a little bit because of Tony's late turn (but not considering that people can turn is a mark against Galt), but Willers was a non-moocher, non-looter from the very start. No excuse there.

Where do you think politicians come from? Do you think they spring full-grown from the brow of Zeus? What have you done to find someone "good" to run, to build an organization to back him or her, and to put the politician you want into office?

1/3 to 1/2? That's about the same percentage who were in favor of remaining loyal to Britain in the revolution. What about the other 1/2 to 2/3? You just want to write them off like Galt did?

I don't know where you are located, but consider Indianapolis. 19136 votes in the primary could have put anyone on the Republican ballot for US representative, 7th district. In the 3 months before the election a volunteer organization of about 100-200 people, working at making phone calls, writing letters, and above all pushing doorbells could generate those 19136 votes. Given six months before that a few dedicated friends could put together that organization of volunteers. Doing so would require that at least one person in that few dedicated friends be well familiar with the local "political landscape." For someone starting from scratch, getting familiar might take a dedicated person 6 months to a year.

Once one has a person on the ticket for the general election as a Republican, one pretty much has 1/3 of the vote locked up. Campo was a "last minute" entry with essentially nothing to back her up and got 34% against Carson's 65%. Put that volunteer organization to work between primary and general election and start with a better candidate and Carson had better watch out.

In short, if you really want it and can find a few friends who have sufficiently similar desires you have a pretty good chance of putting anyone you want into the House.

Elections are won by votes and votes are in the precincts. It's not the people espousing "communist ideology" that are the problem (except that they are better at "getting out the vote" apparently), it's the people who can't be bothered to actually get involved and would rather just sit and complain about things or talk about "going Galt."

"The only thing required for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing." Edmond Burke

There's nothing new in anything I've said above. All of it is described in detail in the late Robert A. Heinlein's "Take Back Your Government" (which I have touted on these forums more than once).

I, unfortunately, am only at step one, getting familiar with the local political landscape (latecomer to getting serious about politics).

Where are you?

22lr

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Jeff Gordon Country
    No lawyer is going to take this to court. Some dude got carried away and saw the flag, didn't think of who the guy was and sent the form letter to the address.

Its a PR nightmare already, which im kinda happy to see. Id give $5 that the guy who sent the letter is fired by the end of the week. :D

Top Bottom