• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • John317

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 25, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Good for Kroger for not giving into this group...

"Kroger said its policy is in alignment with state and local laws and that the company has no intention of making a blanket policy banning guns from stores."

hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    From the article:
    "Of course, we will be working to change the law. This is a step that could make things easier for everybody," said Melanie Sokhey, of Moms Demand Action. "There have been many dangerous open carry incidents in other states."

I'd love to see the examples.

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    From the article:

I'd love to see the examples.

She's talking about where someone's holding a bb gun talking on their cell and LEO shoots them dead. It wasn't the fault of the OC'r, it was the d%& sh#$ that called the po-po, then it was full on the shoulders of the Barney Fife that shot him.

handgun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2012
    Central part of This state
    Well the thing is that at a Kroger in Indiana I was asked if i was a police officer by a manager. I said No I was then was told that if i put my gun in the car i could continue shopping. I told them I would just leave and that I would be calling corporate. I told the Manager I was a Kroger share holder and was very displeased with his decision. All because I was open carrying a compact 9mm pistol in a minimalist holster. Due to a customer complained and said she didn't like people carrying guns. (dress slacks and button down shirt was the dress attire I don't dress like a banger) This was 3 years ago.

danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    Nothing is going to solve this. The more "advanced" and "sophisticated" a nation gets, the more liberal it gets. European countries are evidence of this. We have the constitution, which makes us different than any other nation. But I fear, as we progressively emulate European nations, its only a matter of time before they figure out a way to change that.

Squirt239

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 7, 2010
    North of Brownsburg
    Kroger and Mom's Demand Action

After watching the news this afternoon about Mom's Demand Action delivering a petition wanting lawful carry banned from Kroger, I have decided to start my own petition.

Basically, if you will continue to support Kroger by shopping there SO LONG AS they continue to allow lawful carry of firearms in their stores, PLEASE sign the petition in the link below.

It's time the good guys with guns get some air time!

https://www.ipetitions.com/petition/continue-to-allow-lawful-carry-of-firearms

Bluejeeper

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2014
    Montgomery County
    Signed.

I wonder if MDA used all their FB page views as the "signatures" on their petition?? I'm not sure how else they would have gotten 170,000 signature.(IIRC that is the number the gave in another link in one of the other threads)

K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel
    We are Kroger shoppers... Marsh may be more expensive, but it's an Indy based company... Keeping a close eye on this.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Nothing is going to solve this. The more "advanced" and "sophisticated" a nation gets, the more liberal it gets. European countries are evidence of this. We have the constitution, which makes us different than any other nation. But I fear, as we progressively emulate European nations, its only a matter of time before they figure out a way to change that.
    They can try to get them anytime they want :):

Indyvet

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    I don't always open carry but do occasionally as it's easier when I am heading to the shop or whatever. Went into Kroger at Edgewood and Madison. I was open carrying. I got a few double takes from some shoppers but no big deal. The clerk had to help me twice at the self check out and no one said a word to me. Even walked passed the service desk and several employees and not one peep out of anyone. As it should be. No one in there was any less safe. Really no different if I had concealed it. The only difference was it was in the open. Wasn't doing anything on purpose or to try and prove a point. Just more convenient.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    I don't always open carry but do occasionally as it's easier when I am heading to the shop or whatever. Went into Kroger at Edgewood and Madison. I was open carrying. I got a few double takes from some shoppers but no big deal. The clerk had to help me twice at the self check out and no one said a word to me. Even walked passed the service desk and several employees and not one peep out of anyone. As it should be. No one in there was any less safe. Really no different if I had concealed it. The only difference was it was in the open. Wasn't doing anything on purpose or to try and prove a point. Just more convenient.

I have OCd in the Kroger near Thompson and Emerson quite a bit over the last 5 or so years.. never had a single word said..

Top Bottom