• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Strip him of his records and ban him from the Hall of Fame.

If Pete Rose is banned from the HOF for betting on his team, while being a manager, some cheating steroid freak like McGuire shouldn't even be mention in the same sentence when talking about the HOF.

Oh, and :+1: to the thought of fact that Congress(ie tax dollars) are getting involved in this nonsense...I guess it makes sense though, due to all of the sports betting.

I used to make a great deal of money playing online poker before it got huge and they started banning certain poker sites(my favorite and most reliable ones); as soon as it did and the gubment saw that people were making money and there were loopholes for people to not get taxed, they stepped in IMMEDIATELY, despite it takes them a decade to wipe their nose.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Speaking of roids, what ever happened with Barry Bond's 756 home run ball?

I know that Marc Ecko was ready to pay anything for it(which he did and he won the bidding) and was leaving what happened to it up to a vote:

1. Leave it how it is and put it into the HOF.

2. Brand a huge asterisk into it and put it into the HOF.

3. Send the ball into orbit or blow it up.

I heard they branded an asterisk into it, but I don't believe I've seen anything official.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 21, 2009
    In a fog
    He finally admitted what we already knew. The photos of McGwire when he played for the A's and when he played for the Cards are evidence. He was a big guy in Oakland but looked like the Incredible Hulk when he played for the Cards. I wonder if anyone else will follow and also admit they used it?

Blind Squirrel

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    In a van, down by the river
    Adding insult to injury.

Tony LaRussa goes on Mike and Mike this morning to tell everyone what a great guy Mark is and he (Tony) had no idea he was juicing all those years. He danced more than Fred Astaire instead of saying what needed to be said. Cheater!

"Mark to me is a poster boy for working out and being a terrific teammate and making mistakes," said LaRussa during an interview on ESPN's Mike and Mike. "He is not a poster boy for abuse and his production being enhanced."

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    This guy is such a d-b. First of all, no one had any doubts. It was obvious to anyone who paid attention.

Second, what's the point of "confessing," but lying in the confession? In the article I read in the local paper, he was quoted saying he "only" used anabolic steriods and HGH for "health reasons," and never for "strength."

B.S.

Liar.

LIAR.

As an aside, when I lived in the Bay Area (87-91), the gym where I trained had quite a few noteworthy characters. One of them was McGwire's younger brother Jay. We got to see him go from a skinny punk to borderline huge in less than a year. Yeah, there is no doubt how it happened. I'd bet either his training partner (whom I'd known before and after McGwire was a regular) or his brother Mark was his supplier.

tom

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2010
    mlb baseball knew they had a problem long time ago, just chose to ignore it. they should be the ones whoare ashamed of the entire situation.

Top Bottom