• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SERparacord

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    Amish Mafia Bar
    Where did I say anywhere in my post i asked him to SELL me a handgun? I didn't.... It's against the law to show a handgun to someone under 21? No, no it's not. For your information, I'm the gun guru in the family, and i have parents who know NOTHING about firearms, but are wanting to be more prepared. I'm slowly teaching them little things here and there. My dad has asked me to look at a few guns and prices, and bring him the results. They just assume because I'm not 21, that there isn't someone behind me with cash in hand to buy a handgun on my go-ahead. Welp, wrong! If i cant even LOOK at a handgun because of my age, then they aren't getting my money, or my father's money. Done deal!

You are correct, it is not against the law for you to fondle weapons at a gun shop. I saw a 19 year old trying them out last night at my LGS.:ingo::patriot:

Mace010

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2012
    East Central
    You are correct, it is not against the law for you to fondle weapons at a gun shop. I saw a 19 year old trying them out last night at my LGS.:ingo::patriot:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but at one time your parents were allowed to buy it for you and gift it to you if you were between 18 and 21. It had to be parents or your legal guardian on the date you turned 18. I had me first ltch at 18. Never owned or carried at that age. Anyone know if it is still that way, or am I remembering wrong in the first place?

SERparacord

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    Amish Mafia Bar
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but at one time your parents were allowed to buy it for you and gift it to you if you were between 18 and 21. It had to be parents or your legal guardian on the date you turned 18. I had me first ltch at 18. Never owned or carried at that age. Anyone know if it is still that way, or am I remembering wrong in the first place?
    I bought my Son his first handgun. Silly laws, you can carry at 18 but cannot buy a handgun.

Rey B

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 25, 2008
    You cannot buy a handgun in a gun shop. You can buy from a private party at 18-20. Ammo may be more problematic but the private party route is still available.

mdmayo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 4, 2013
    Madison County
    Mike is a great guy. He knows the business, the guns, and the people. I'd also say he hasn't marked up anything ammo-wise. Crackshot is an all around great local gun shop, I'm glad they're close. :)

greyhound47

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    Where did I say anywhere in my post i asked him to SELL me a handgun? I didn't.... It's against the law to show a handgun to someone under 21? No, no it's not. For your information, I'm the gun guru in the family, and i have parents who know NOTHING about firearms, but are wanting to be more prepared. I'm slowly teaching them little things here and there. My dad has asked me to look at a few guns and prices, and bring him the results. They just assume because I'm not 21, that there isn't someone behind me with cash in hand to buy a handgun on my go-ahead. Welp, wrong! If i cant even LOOK at a handgun because of my age, then they aren't getting my money, or my father's money. Done deal!

I'm confused. IF you can't buy the gun (which would be against the law) and you cannot possess and carry that handgun (which you can't due to your age) why would they let you handle it? Not trying to pick a fight. I just used to work in a gun store and tend to see things from the dealer's point of view.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I'm confused. IF you can't buy the gun (which would be against the law) and you cannot possess and carry that handgun (which you can't due to your age) why would they let you handle it? Not trying to pick a fight. I just used to work in a gun store and tend to see things from the dealer's point of view.
    But he can possess and carry it, and he could buy it from a private individual. He just can't buy it from a shop (see above posts). :)

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood

Because its a good way to keep a future buyer interested! Or, like he said, maybe his dad will come back in an buy it later!

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood

You parents can buy you a gift NO MATTER your age!

A 7.62 Exodus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Shreveport, LA

I can carry. The age to obtain an LTCH is 18. Look at it this way, just because I can't purchase the firearm, doesn't mean that the particular firearm won't be purchased by someone else who is asking for my opinion

Top Bottom