• ...and so much more!
  • bthomas

Marksman
    Rating - 94.4%
    17   1   0
    Apr 28, 2012
    Winchester
    McGalliard vs Buckshot...

This was back a couple of months, but I've had exactly 1 experience with each, I was looking for AK mags. McGalliard had some 30 round metal mags, but wanted $35 each plus tax. Decided to see what Buckshot had, talked to an employee, he informed me all they had were being sold on Gunbroker.

:dunno:
    buckshot would still give you the option to buy. I knew someone that wanted a ksg and I knew they got about one a month, and they called a when they got one in and offered it to me.
    Mcgalliard is only interested in selling to soccer moms that dont know they are being taken advantage of. The only reason they sell anything is location.

llamant

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2010
    buckshot would still give you the option to buy. I knew someone that wanted a ksg and I knew they got about one a month, and they called a when they got one in and offered it to me.
    Mcgalliard is only interested in selling to soccer moms that dont know they are being taken advantage of. The only reason they sell anything is location.

"buckshot would still give you the option to buy."

:dunno: What do you mean?

I had the "option to buy" at McGalliard, if I wanted to pay what they were asking. I also had the option to buy from Buckshot, if I wanted to do it through Gunbroker. I had money in my pocket, asked for an item, was told they were selling them on Gunbroker.

bthomas

Marksman
    Rating - 94.4%
    17   1   0
    Apr 28, 2012
    Winchester
    "buckshot would still give you the option to buy."

:dunno: What do you mean?

I had the "option to buy" at McGalliard, if I wanted to pay what they were asking. I also had the option to buy from Buckshot, if I wanted to do it through Gunbroker. I had money in my pocket, asked for an item, was told they were selling them on Gunbroker.
    If I wanted it I didnt have to go though gun broker.

jbrich

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 6, 2009
    Gas City, IN
    I was in there about 6-7 months ago and i hear the guy from behind the counter tell a elderly gentleman that 9mm Makarov and 9mm Luger were the same round. I told the gentleman as the counter guy walked away that the guy was a moron and dangerous and walked out. Was not impressed and have never been back. Never will either.

indiana18

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    I was in there about 6-7 months ago and i hear the guy from behind the counter tell a elderly gentleman that 9mm Makarov and 9mm Luger were the same round. I told the gentleman as the counter guy walked away that the guy was a moron and dangerous and walked out. Was not impressed and have never been back. Never will either.

I got 40 ammo there (overpriced of course) and he clearly didn't know what a hollow point was. Thats like going to a gym and not knowing how to squat.

RedThunder

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 13, 2013
    Indy-North
    OK...So I am clear...McGalliard's is NOT our choice for gun shop of the year?

Don't want to waste my vote with all of you sitting comfortably on the fence becasue I'm feeling real admiration for this shop...

rooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Their ammo prices are crazy, I will not disagree there.Everyone has gone crazy with prices lately thats called supply and demand. all stores (not just this one) will keep raising prices as long as demand outpaces the supply. :patriot:If you dont like the prices then dont buy the product. Real simple.

If everyone was buying up all the chevy trucks dont you think they would raise the price a little?:dunno:
    Supply and demand - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

However I went there just yesterday afternoon to let my girlfriend gets some hands on some different handguns to help her decide what she wants and the guys that worked there were very friendly and helpful.

:popcorn::popcorn:

winstonsmith84

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2011
    Middletown
    I've been in a few times just looking around. The place and the employees generally strike me as... well.... you know... shifty. It has a real pawn shop feel about it. Prairie Creek pawn on the other side of town is a pawn shop that has a real gun shop feel to it, so I generally go kick tires ( and buy) over there.

greyhound47

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    I won't deal with them based on first impressions. I asked to see a handgun, at a gun show, and was INSTANTLY shot down because I'm not 21 (I'm 20 btw) This jackwagon then has the nerve to hand me a business card, and suggest i come to the store sometime. HA! Yeah right....

:rolleyes:Um, that is the law. He should go to prison for you or possibly lose his FFL?

patricktjms

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2013
    Springport, Indiana
    I bought a Blackhawk holster there. They had a good selection of Left handed holsters but the prices on firearms that I would be interested in was way too high.
    I really like Mike over at Crackshot Guns in anderson. He has always been honest with me even if I dont like the answer. :yesway:

A 7.62 Exodus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Shreveport, LA
    :rolleyes:Um, that is the law. He should go to prison for you or possibly lose his FFL?

Where did I say anywhere in my post i asked him to SELL me a handgun? I didn't.... It's against the law to show a handgun to someone under 21? No, no it's not. For your information, I'm the gun guru in the family, and i have parents who know NOTHING about firearms, but are wanting to be more prepared. I'm slowly teaching them little things here and there. My dad has asked me to look at a few guns and prices, and bring him the results. They just assume because I'm not 21, that there isn't someone behind me with cash in hand to buy a handgun on my go-ahead. Welp, wrong! If i cant even LOOK at a handgun because of my age, then they aren't getting my money, or my father's money. Done deal!

Top Bottom