• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ryan3030

Master
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    Indy
    Had a handgun shipped here last week. UPS dropped it off around 11:30am, and I hadn't received a call by the time I went to pick it up around 5:30PM.

There also confusion about whether or not they could transfer a firearm to me from a private individual in another state. I was initially told he would have to ship it from an FFL on his end, then when I called back with the sender's FFL info I was told he could just mail it UPS. This was most likely just the result of a miscommunication between myself and the sales associate I spoke with.

A couple of minor speedbumps, but they are always friendly about it so everything is resolved without issue. Their $20 transfer price is pretty good, too. :yesway:

schnege916

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2012
    Lets say I have not had good dealings with them. I too grew up in Farmland / Parker City area and was used to Ludco. I went in several months ago and traded with them and got a fair deal on that, but after the sale has been a pain. I traded and in the trade got a Pheonix arms .25 auto to carry. I know its an odd caliber but they have not had the mags for it. I asked them on the phone if they could order one. They said sure it would be in next week and didnt ask for my name. I go in the next week and they had no clue about it. Asked then if they could order a couple and I would pay them then so they could order them for me. A gentleman goes and checks the computer and says sure oh wait hold on a sec, walks away and 5 mins later im still standing there not knowing whats going on. I left there kind of up set because I traded a Smith and Wesson SD9 for the .25 some ammo and some cash and then they don't want to keep parts, mags, or anything for the gun they sold me. Went to buckshot in Winchester they had my mag on the self for 11 bucks. I will not go back to Mcgaillard guns again. I would have rather delt Fred on a bad day at ludco than go back. I think I will just order online and have it shipped to buckshot for my next purchase or wait till the gun show.

Str8himalaya

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 14, 2012
    I was in there this weekend. I usually enjoy talking with some of the guys, since I'm from Muncie, and they are the only "shop" in the area outside of prairie creek pawn. I was in there, and one of the employees shocked another with a stun gun...I'm all about gun safety, and maybe I'm overreacting, but these aren't toys, and seeing that, I lost some respect, and don't even know if I should buy anything from them again.

gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    I was in there this weekend. I usually enjoy talking with some of the guys, since I'm from Muncie, and they are the only "shop" in the area outside of prairie creek pawn. I was in there, and one of the employees shocked another with a stun gun...I'm all about gun safety, and maybe I'm overreacting, but these aren't toys, and seeing that, I lost some respect, and don't even know if I should buy anything from them again.

Was it a boys will be boys kind of moment? How did the tased employee react? Was he stunned or shocked that the other guy did it to him? Or did he laugh about it?

I agree it was a stupid thing to do but the other guy may have wanted it to see what it feels like. Just be glad they didn't try it out on you.

Cannon762

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Gas City Area
    The Muncie gun shops just make the drive to 21st Century in Bluffton that much easier. "McGalliard Guns" is merely a title, it's just another pawn shop filled with the same types of folks.

Str8himalaya

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 14, 2012
    Was it a boys will be boys kind of moment? How did the tased employee react? Was he stunned or shocked that the other guy did it to him? Or did he laugh about it?

I agree it was a stupid thing to do but the other guy may have wanted it to see what it feels like. Just be glad they didn't try it out on you.

They seemed to be doing it just messing around, nothing malicious that I could see, but this was on a real busy day, people waiting to be helped, and employees messing around like that just doesn't make a lot of sense. They have lost a lot of customers since they opened, I'm sure the owner could care less since that's the only gun shop in Muncie and they are always busy, but if another shop opened in town, I wouldn't be surprised to see them lose a ton of business. The guys in there are usually friendly, don't usually know a ton about the firearms or what can be ordered, the only guy that seems a little cocky is the owner and one other guy, and it is what it is. Just thought that incident kinda summed up that store in general, people waiting to be helped, but no one in a hurry to help, and not a whole lost of attention to customers. Yeah, it was all in fun, but god forbid the person that got shocked had some unknown medical condition and got hurt because of it. It's a weapon, and either way, probably not a smart idea in my opinion, which is only that, my opinion.

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    I haven't tried them out yet but they can't be as bad as that Jackass Fred from Ludco. I will try to get there this weekend just to see what they have since they are fairly close to me.

KillStick

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Anderson
    I haven't tried them out yet but they can't be as bad as that Jackass Fred from Ludco. I will try to get there this weekend just to see what they have since they are fairly close to me.

I would gladly buy from fred at ludco than buy anything from this place.

gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    They seemed to be doing it just messing around, nothing malicious that I could see, but this was on a real busy day, people waiting to be helped, and employees messing around like that just doesn't make a lot of sense. They have lost a lot of customers since they opened, I'm sure the owner could care less since that's the only gun shop in Muncie and they are always busy, but if another shop opened in town, I wouldn't be surprised to see them lose a ton of business. The guys in there are usually friendly, don't usually know a ton about the firearms or what can be ordered, the only guy that seems a little cocky is the owner and one other guy, and it is what it is. Just thought that incident kinda summed up that store in general, people waiting to be helped, but no one in a hurry to help, and not a whole lost of attention to customers. Yeah, it was all in fun, but god forbid the person that got shocked had some unknown medical condition and got hurt because of it. It's a weapon, and either way, probably not a smart idea in my opinion, which is only that, my opinion.

Next time dress up like a girl and maybe they will be more helpful. I've been in there a few times and even bought my SP101 from them this spring. They were very friendly and helpful to me each time. Maybe I'm just cuter than you are. :laugh:

other dave

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Howard County
    Next time dress up like a girl and maybe they will be more helpful. I've been in there a few times and even bought my SP101 from them this spring. They were very friendly and helpful to me each time. Maybe I'm just cuter than you are. :laugh:
    Never met Str8himalaya but I have met you and I am pretty sure you are cuter!

EvilBlackGun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   1
    Apr 11, 2011
    Mid-eastern
    Does McGalliard Road lead ...

... to Parker City? I think that I saw a Straw-man walking in from Parker the other day. However, I used them as a buyer for an AR- I no longer needed, and it was up at the top of their AR- rack the next day, @ $150 more than I had gotten for it. Seems fair. But they are TOOOOO loose. Fred was loose too.

JLAngel

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 24, 2012
    RTS guns in Eaton, 21st century firearms in Bluffton and Freedom Firearms in Fort Wayne are good gun shops to consider going to. 21st Century definitely carries reloading supplies and so does McDonald's Guns in what I would consider to be Marion, IN.

MickeyBlueEyes

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    BFE, Indiana
    If I wanted to pay yuppie prices for guns, i'd go to MCSports in muncie. Fall creek pawn has lots of guns too. My stand by store has to be in alex. Madison county guns is great. Jim Nolan will treat anybody right.

Sling10mm

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2012
    I know this is an old thread, but my experience with McGalliard Guns and More has been poor. Out of five interactions with them, only one went well, and that was just buying a box of 45 Colt.

One time that I was in there another customer came in behind me carrying his pistol in one hand and the loaded magazine and case in the other. Once I saw him I just stepped back away from the counter to watch the show. He put everything on the counter and started talking to one of the employees about trading for something else. The employee picked up the pistol and magazine, and proceeded to slap the magazine (loaded mind you) home. As I took a couple of more steps backward toward the door, another employee yelled at the other telling him that the mag was loaded. I just turned and left.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    I know this is an old thread, but my experience with McGalliard Guns and More has been poor. Out of five interactions with them, only one went well, and that was just buying a box of 45 Colt.

One time that I was in there another customer came in behind me carrying his pistol in one hand and the loaded magazine and case in the other. Once I saw him I just stepped back away from the counter to watch the show. He put everything on the counter and started talking to one of the employees about trading for something else. The employee picked up the pistol and magazine, and proceeded to slap the magazine (loaded mind you) home. As I took a couple of more steps backward toward the door, another employee yelled at the other telling him that the mag was loaded. I just turned and left.

Why would you keep going back to a store with a 20% satisfactory rate?

ckcollins2003

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 29, 2011
    Muncie

Wish you could have seen the show my cousin put on for them one day. Out of curiosity of what they'd say, he told them he wanted to trade in his custom Colt 1911. Full Wilson Combat internals, custom slide, custom trigger, everything. They proceeded to tell him it was a $600 gun. He told them to look at the internals since they were all Wilson Combat parts. They said, "well that's like chrome on a Harley, it just isn't worth more"...

Had a good laugh for the day after we walked out. Sometimes you just have to have some fun with people like that. Since you know it's going to be good from the start. :):

Top Bottom