Ripley County

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Bush Sr. made the mistake of telling everyone to read his lips.
    I think it was perceptions about the economy. If the economy had been humming, Perot would have just been seen as a kook, and people would be saying, vote for a former governor of Arkansas? Who the **** is Bill Clinton and why is he fake-crying on TV?

oze

Mow Ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    Wow that is shocking.
    So who will take his place? It can't be anyone to conservative.
    The rinos will not allow it, or vote for a conservative, or one who leans right of them.
    Is there anyone in the House that passes the non-"RINO" purity test?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Is there anyone in the House that passes the non-"RINO" purity test?
    It's their party. The AF/MAGA folks are just trying to take it over. Not that there's anything wrong with that. But all the talk about Republican In Name Only from AF/MAGA folks misunderstands who are the real ass, big R Republicans, and who are just republicans of circumstance. It's their party.

The "establishment" ARE the real Republicans. Establishment Republicanism is the real platform. The name "Republican" doesn't mean virtuous and all things good. It's just a party run by chamber-o-commerce ********ers. That said, now, populist republicans are taking over the party. I hope they're successful, but also hope they learn a little pragmatism.

oze

Mow Ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    Pragmatism would be a great trait for the Repubs to have; I still say that the Dems possess it in vastly greater numbers, which is why an old hag like Pelosi easily gets elected Speaker time after time. The Repubs, "RINO" and extremists alike, have no clue about playing the game of the art of the possible. And if you don’t think Joe and Jane Average aren't getting ears full about the obstructionist, dysfunctional Republicans, wait until the Dems re-take the House next year.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    For ****'s sake. Embarrassing as that is, it speaks volumes to the Keystone Kops who can't elect their own.
    I believe I am a pragmatist generally, as evidenced by my pragmatic support to vote for republicans in the election I cannot stand and would not support in a primary. A RINO to me campaigns and says what I want to hear and governs differently.

This s basically a three party battle similar to what we see in other countries, our choices are leftist, establishment republican, or AF republican. You sound content with establishment republicans…

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    About 10 constitutionalists that will never get the job.
    Best bet I Jordan, but i doubt he'll get it.
    He's more conservative than most Republicans.
    I like Jordan and have wished he was made Speaker when the Republicans took over the House.

But I doubt the uni-party RINOs will allow Jordan to win the vote, because Jordan would upset the apple cart too much.

oze

Mow Ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    I believe I am a pragmatist generally, as evidenced by my pragmatic support to vote for republicans in the election I cannot stand and would not support in a primary. A RINO to me campaigns and says what I want to hear and governs differently.

This s basically a three party battle similar to what we see in other countries, our choices are leftist, establishment republican, or AF republican. You sound content with establishment republicans…
    Your logic wrt Todd Young holds here. If, as I read on INGO, 96% of Republicans in the House are "RINOs" (God, I am so sick of that term; apologies for adding to its overuse), they need to be voted out IN THE PRIMARIES. Crossing our arms, stamping our feet and demanding whatever meets our purity test gets us donkey majorities in both the Senate and the House.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Your logic wrt Todd Young holds here. If, as I read on INGO, 96% of Republicans in the House are "RINOs" (God, I am so sick of that term; apologies for adding to its overuse), they need to be voted out IN THE PRIMARIES. Crossing our arms, stamping our feet and demanding whatever meets our purity test gets us donkey majorities in both the Senate and the House.
    Now do Trump. I'm assuming you won't be able to vote him out in the primaries - so, vote for him in the general or 'cross your arms and stamp your feet, demanding whatever meets your purity test'? :@ya:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Now do Trump. I'm assuming you won't be able to vote him out in the primaries - so, vote for him in the general or 'cross your arms and stamp your feet, demanding whatever meets your purity test'? :@ya:
    Didn't he just say the primaries are where you work out your purity requirements? :dunno:

Top Bottom