North Central

oze

Mow Ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne

8 holdouts? Where have I heard that before?

oze

Mow Ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    Proves the republicans are far more complex than the dems who never had any holdouts when electing Nancy…
    That may be the way you, I and many on INGO see it, but I've heard a lot of people commenting on the dysfunctional Republicans, and why they wouldn't vote for them. I fear that there's a bad moon on the rise.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    20 RINO's having a tantrum. If Todd Young was there there would of been 21 for sure. Some of the RINO's want Jordan to say Biden won the election fair and square. Jordan won't do it, plus I think he wants spending to Ukraine to stop. Tough mt. to climb with so many RINO's.

oze

Mow Ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    20 RINO's having a tantrum. If Todd Young was there there would of been 21 for sure. Some of the RINO's want Jordan to say Biden won the election fair and square. Jordan won't do it, plus I think he wants spending to Ukraine to stop. Tough mt. to climb with so many RINO's.
    I'm pissed at the small groups from both sides that held out supporting their party's nomination for Speaker because they failed their respective purity tests.

Oh, and did Todd Young get demoted from Senator to Congressman?

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Who held out against Nancy? Did they have a chance to stop her? She had a few that opposed her but she whipped them into line and had no opposition in 2018.

1697582334443.png
    You would have been closer in 2021
    1697582435259.png

The Republicans problem isn't that they are not as in line as their opponents. It is that they have such a small minority. They cannot afford to have many not follow along.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    View attachment 306080
    You would have been closer in 2021
    View attachment 306081

The Republicans problem isn't that they are not as in line as their opponents. It is that they have such a small minority. They cannot afford to have many not follow along.
    Not sure the relevance you are giving this? She had the votes, the others were just throwaway votes. If she needed them to win the speakership they would have voted for her. What year did she face multiple votes to win.

I said: Proves the republicans are far more complex than the dems who never had any holdouts when electing Nancy…

She never had to my knowledge any hold out factions on either end of their spectrum that endangered her winning or forcing extra votes…

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Not sure the relevance you are giving this? She had the votes, the others were just throwaway votes. If she needed them to win the speakership they would have voted for her. What year did she face multiple votes to win.

I said: Proves the republicans are far more complex than the dems who never had any holdouts when electing Nancy…

She never had to my knowledge any hold out factions on either end of their spectrum that endangered her winning or forcing extra votes…
    No holdouts, yet they didn't all vote for her. :rolleyes:

Go back and actually read. The Squad was not on board. Well, not until your boy Trump attacked them anyway.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    No holdouts, yet they didn't all vote for her. :rolleyes:

Go back and actually read. The Squad was not on board. Well, not until your boy Trump attacked them anyway.
    Can you post a link where Nancy faced holdouts that forced multiple votes? It was my post I get to say what it meant and I never said no one voted against her. My post was in the context of this discussion.

Kdf101

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    Sullivan County
    I’m not sure who I want for speaker, but I do know that the democrats never seem to have this problem. They all March in lock step. I don’t think the Republican Party is a party. More like a collection of factions that do not like each other. Every time they get control, they seem to implode. They seem to have a deathwish of wanting to chase away voters, because they seem incompetent at actually governing. Democrats seem to understand incremental moves to what they want. Republicans seem to not understand that. It seems that each faction is either “all the way my way or not at all”. Which, for all intents and purposes, simply means the democrats win. They need to learn that, even a liltitle bit better is better than worse, which is what they effectively make it, do by staking out extreme positions they won’t budge from. I keep voting Republican, but they are incompetent. it is starting to look like voting third party and “ throwing your vote away”, is the same as voting for the GOP. I hope they get things sorted out

Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn
    Conservatives best option is to move to a new party. Let the GOP be what they want to be and move the conservatives to a group of like minded politicians. Of course the rinos will cry that conservatives are dooming the country to communism all the while they refuse to compromise as conservatives have been expected to do for decades.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Conservatives best option is to move to a new party. Let the GOP be what they want to be and move the conservatives to a group of like minded politicians. Of course the rinos will cry that conservatives are dooming the country to communism all the while they refuse to compromise as conservatives have been expected to do for decades.
    The time to do that has long passed. We are stick on the horse we are riding. So at a point the left has control of everything we split the only source of power to hold any of this back? The dems have 50% of the country, RINO’s have 30%, rock rib conservatives have 20%, who the heck do you think the dems will partner with? Yep, it will be 80% vs. 20% just look at the voting records of our elected officials.

In what parallel universe would the RINO’s stick with the conservatives?

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Sorry, missed Bug's posts. I did say that, since Trump has now said that he is pro-abortion, I couldn't in good conscience vote for him (nor any pro-infanticide candidate). But I guess that, when push comes to shove, I could make a last minute decision and change my mind, hoping that some day I could face myself for violating my moral principles. Maybe. But this ain't a bumpstock ban or whore ****ing. It is, to me, murder.
    I must have missed Trump turned pro death.
    That is a game changer for me as well.

Top Bottom