• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    When it's said that eight R's voted with the D's to oust the Speaker, it's technically wrong. In fact, the D's voted with eight R's to oust the Speaker. Sometimes semantics matter. Kinda like "don't say gay" bill says no such thing. Moving a book from one location to another in a library isn't "book banning". Control the language, control the conversation. McCarthy agreed to be subject to removal from Speaker position if he didn't keep his committments. He didn't keep his committments.
    yeah. the Dems also voted against McCarthy and I am willing to bet they would vote against candidate X

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Just seen McCarthy on FNC, brought in to discuss Israel. Can't wait for a YouTube clip of it to come out.

McCarthy was informative and matter of fact on the Israel situation. Then went into a diatribe on Geatz taking him out at this crucial time. Seems as if he is becoming quite bitter?

:popcorn:
    Well, he didn't have to make a deal with the establishment on the omnibus bill.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    How do you get there?
    Do you cut social security? Medicare? Defense? Which drastic cut you making?

Are you raising taxes?
    How are you going to get the D Senate and D White House onboard?

How are you going to complete this simple task?
    How about we just cut everything across the board 30%? Defense. Welfare. SS. IRS expansion. Everything. **** Obama's scalpel. Just gut it. Feigning sacred cows is how we justified this mess in the first place. No more sacred cows. And. Every dime that goes towards Joe's green ****. Cut it. No more of that nonsense.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    When it comes to parsing blame for just about anything, you could have fooled me
    He's to blame what he's to blame for. He's not to blame for what he's not to blame for. That's a bit of a tautology. So it's obviously true. :):

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Just seen McCarthy on FNC, brought in to discuss Israel. Can't wait for a YouTube clip of it to come out.

McCarthy was informative and matter of fact on the Israel situation. Then went into a diatribe on Geatz taking him out at this crucial time. Seems as if he is becoming quite bitter?

:popcorn:
    1696721919532.png

oze

Mow Ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    How about we just cut everything across the board 30%? Defense. Welfare. SS. IRS expansion. Everything. **** Obama's scalpel. Just gut it. Feigning sacred cows is how we justified this mess in the first place. No more sacred cows. And. Every dime that goes towards Joe's green ****. Cut it. No more of that nonsense.
    Well, to remind myself, I checked my account on the Social Security web site. In my lifetime, my employers in my name and I had over $400,000 extorted from us for social security, and in excess of $80,000 for Medicare.

How about this: when my total monthly draws equal what I put in, I'll agree have .gov stop paying me back. Heck, I won't even charge the 50+ years of interest . Most likely, I won't live that long, so the Feds can consider what's left to be a going away gift from me.

I've said it before and I won't stop: the Feds took my money without my permission, and I want it back.

Last edited:

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Well, to remind myself, I checked my account on the Social Security web site. In my lifetime, my employers in my name and I had over $400,000 extorted from us for social security, and in excess of $80,000 for Medicare.

How about this: when my total monthly draws equal what I put in, I'll agree have .gov stop paying me back. Heck, I won't even charge the 50+ years of interest . Most likely, I won't live that long, so the Feds can consider what's left to be a going away gift from me.

I've said it before and I won't stop: the Feds took my money without my permission, and I want it back.
    Some patriots would die to save their country others demand payment of what is theirs

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

That’s fair.

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 9, 2022
    Bloomington
    Some patriots would die to save their country others demand payment of what is theirs
    At this point I think the more patriotic thing is demanding back what is theirs, or more realistically, demanding that the government stop confiscating what is theirs going forward, at the very least.

Giving up material goods is noble if it's actually being used for the good of one's country, but seeing it squandered away on nonsense isn't something patriots should sit back and accept.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana

Just going to chime in here.
    See SS can only invest in treasuries,and that currently means earning MUCH more than they have in the past decade. When CBO re-figures the numbers after the last quarter,I would wager the fund is solvent longer than it has been in awhile. High interest rates on treasuries=more funding for SS.

I pointed this out back in 2012,that low rates was what destroyed the SS fund. Higher rates mean it survives longer. High rates for a decade means it is back in the positive. Low rates killed it,high rates can fix it(not without consequences though free money for decades...price has to be paid).

Oh,and stop letting everyone who comes to this country that never paid into draw from it. Never paid into it=you do not get it.

Reactions: oze

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Hendricks County
    Bad idea….

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Hendricks County
    Want to save some money? One sure way is to cut all SS to individuals who leave the country and live elsewhere. Also cut Medicare to those who live elsewhere and just come to the states once a year in order to keep it. You would save allot of cash.

If we just cut the give-aways we’d be very wealthy.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Bad idea….
    You can cut fat out of everything. SSA? I think they should pay what they owe people. But they have to do something about the future. I read an economist years ago that said that to maintain a social system's solvency, it needs a certain growth rate of people paying into it that is commensurate with the people drawing from it. Social Security doesn't have that. Something needs to change because it's not sustainable. It should not be a sacred cow.

DoD? If someone went through the defense department objectively and cut all the pork, easily that's 30%. Defense should not be a sacred cow.

We have too many sacred cows in the budget. Cross the board, rip the band-aid off. But I do agree that what was taken from citizens with the promise of a return, the promise should be kept. But we can gut the budget of the SSA by 30%.

Top Bottom