• ...and so much more!
  • Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Obama is hype and nothing more and he will not win out in November.

I hope and pray you're correct. I'll do my part to ensure he doesn't, but while BHO is hype, keep in mind that many of these kids to whom you referred have been raised in the 'gov't will take care of me, that's their job' world, and hype is what they respond to. Case in point, ask them to name two freedoms protected by the 1A. Now ask them who Britney's banging or who they think will win "So You Think You Can Dance." Which question do you think they'll answer correctly and for that matter, without hesitation?

I keep repeating this quote because it's so, so true:

"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible make violent revolution inevitable." --JFK

God help us. :patriot:

Blessings,
    B

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    I don't like the idea, and I pray to God I'm wrong, but I do see a Civil War brewing in this country. I don't know if it will be racial, if it will be economic, or if it will be religious, but I see it coming. It doesn't matter if it's Obama, McCain, Barr, or Mickey Mouse in office, if that happens, whoever it is WILL order US troops to quell the insurrection. Whether or not they obey is another matter entirely.

My fears exactly :xmad: The current crisis in the US caused from outrageous oil prices, downturn in the economy, devalued dollar, food prices, utilities and our invasion of 20 to 40 million extra mouths to feed, educate and care for could possibly cause a crisis of spectacular proportion. One of the reasons that I see the government wanting to restrict ammunition and gun sales. The unarmed proletariat make willing slaves :do2:

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    If you look at the Electoral College maps and not focus on the Stupid polling numbers then this is any body's race and I'm guessing that with or without your Vote McCain will be our next President.

You got me thinking about this and so I did what you suggested. I googled "electoral college maps" and found 2008 Presidential Election Interactive Map and History of the Electoral College . This is a site that shows how things are likely to go, and quite a bit over 50% of the time, the results they project have Obama winning. Granted, they base this on polls, but still, it's a concern. One point it brought up that I hadn't considered is that we do a census every 10 years, the next due in 2010. If the amnesty thing comes to fruition, CA already has 55 electoral votes and TX has 34, while FL has 27. I think it is not beyond the realm of possibility that those numbers would skyrocket, such that those three states might well be the determinants of the future Presidential elections. (as it stands now, someone can take the presidency with only 11 states!)

Since the census determines the House representation as well as the number of electors, we must do everything we can to avoid those who are not eligible to be legal citizens now gaining that status, or as has been predicted, we'll never have another Conservative president for whatever time the country still exists.

I don't ever want to have to say that I was born in what used to be the United States of America.

Blessings,
    B

flagtag

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Westville, IL
    You got me thinking about this and so I did what you suggested. I googled "electoral college maps" and found 2008 Presidential Election Interactive Map and History of the Electoral College . This is a site that shows how things are likely to go, and quite a bit over 50% of the time, the results they project have Obama winning. Granted, they base this on polls, but still, it's a concern. One point it brought up that I hadn't considered is that we do a census every 10 years, the next due in 2010. If the amnesty thing comes to fruition, CA already has 55 electoral votes and TX has 34, while FL has 27. I think it is not beyond the realm of possibility that those numbers would skyrocket, such that those three states might well be the determinants of the future Presidential elections. (as it stands now, someone can take the presidency with only 11 states!)

Since the census determines the House representation as well as the number of electors, we must do everything we can to avoid those who are not eligible to be legal citizens now gaining that status, or as has been predicted, we'll never have another Conservative president for whatever time the country still exists.

I don't ever want to have to say that I was born in what used to be the United States of America.

Blessings,
    B

The last line: :thumbsup:

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?

Blessings,
    B[/quote]

The last line: :thumbsup:

Thanks. This is a great country. It used to be better. I want it back like it was.

Hmm. I wonder... if the illegals insist on making America into the countries they came from, maybe we Americans can go to their countries and do what our founders did- form a new nation with individual liberty as our central precept.

Blessings,
    B

flagtag

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Westville, IL

Blessings,
    B

Thanks. This is a great country. It used to be better. I want it back like it was.

Hmm. I wonder... if the illegals insist on making America into the countries they came from, maybe we Americans can go to their countries and do what our founders did- form a new nation with individual liberty as our central precept.

Blessings,
    B[/quote]

Only AFTER tearing down all the buildings/roads, etc. that OUR people built. We worked for it, we earned it. No freebies!

BloodEclipse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    In the trenches for liberty!
    Well Liberals already have set a precedent on this with how we responded in Bosnia. Basically we sided with illegal immigrants and helped them create a Nation from land they occupied illegally.

Those of us who warned that the West was being sucked in on the side of an
    extremist, militant, Kosovo-Albanian independence movement were dismissed as
    appeasers. The fact that the lead organization spearheading the fight for
    independence, the Kosovo Liberation Army (KLA), was universally designated a
    terrorist organization and known to be receiving support from Osama bin
    Laden's al-Qaeda was conveniently ignored.

http://lists.econ.utah.edu/pipermail/rad-green/2004-April/013543.html

Top Bottom