• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Mike, you better have a damn RIFLE by the next sidematch or I'm gonna stick the next pistol you buy right up your keister...

Oh, and anti-OC propaganda will get you promptly BLOCKED from my facebook...

:laugh:

LOL I made my final payment on Friday and it should ship any time...hoping to get it by this weekend but will most definitely by next week. I've got my .223 brass ready for the press so once I stop buying magazines and trading for guns I'll start picking up reloading components for that. I have a bunch of 62grain jacket hollow point rounds from Wolf but not sure if that is allowed :D I'm most likely shoot those up getting myself used to the gun...may have to actually buy factory for the next AR match YUCK!

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    I'm hoping I didn't open Pandora's Box here with getting a new AR and now that is all I'll want to shoot and buy stuff for LOL it has taken SO LONG to get back into one...last several months have been rough so it was nice to hear that final cha-ching when the last bit was done. I think I'll be happy with it and not run off and buy 7 more like I've done with pistols LOL or at least I hope that is the case!

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    LOL You do hit on something that is incredibly important and that is hydration. It's important to start consuming more water than you normally do about 2 or 3 days before a match like that so you aren't playing catch-up during the day. I need to start bring more than my standard giant cup of Diet Dew LOL

True dat. Lots of water on match day won't help. The three cups of coffee I have before 6:00am on match day doesn't help either:laugh:

Mike, you better have a damn RIFLE by the next sidematch or I'm gonna stick the next pistol you buy right up your keister...

Oh, and anti-OC propaganda will get you promptly BLOCKED from my facebook...

:laugh:

The mods wanted me to tell you that for language, threats and hurting Mike's feelings, you are now banned.

Don't worry Mike, he'll be banned from facebook by next week.

LOL I made my final payment on Friday and it should ship any time...hoping to get it by this weekend but will most definitely by next week. I've got my .223 brass ready for the press so once I stop buying magazines and trading for guns I'll start picking up reloading components for that. I have a bunch of 62grain jacket hollow point rounds from Wolf but not sure if that is allowed :D I'm most likely shoot those up getting myself used to the gun...may have to actually buy factory for the next AR match YUCK!

I only run factory in 223- Tula, to be exact. Can't reload cheaper and they give me 1moa, which is more than acceptable to me.

Oh, forgot, you're running an AR, not an AK. The AR would probably choke on steel cased stuff. Carry on:laugh:

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    LOL I don't know if I'd give Ben an actual week before FB kicks him off! :D

I ended up deciding on the Ruger 556. I know there are tons of options out there but it was the one that I liked the best and had the set up that I most wanted in a gun without having to build the thing myself. I think it'll be a case of adding an optic and I should be good to go for a long time.

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana

I ended up deciding on the Ruger 556. I know there are tons of options out there but it was the one that I liked the best and had the set up that I most wanted in a gun without having to build the thing myself. I think it'll be a case of adding an optic and I should be good to go for a long time.

Good deal, man. I've never viewed that Ruger in person, but Gunblast did a review on it and it seemed like a good rig. And, you did yourself a favor by getting it like you want it, sans glass. I love my Saigas and it really does pay off building them yourself, but it would be nice to have one built like I want it up front.

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    True dat.

Minus one internet point for using that retarded catch phrase.

The mods wanted me to tell you that for language, threats and hurting Mike's feelings, you are now banned.

Don't worry Mike, he'll be banned from facebook by next week.

Sorry, they said that for making things up that you are now on the chopping block and you better watch yourself!

I only run factory in 223- Tula, to be exact. Can't reload cheaper and they give me 1moa, which is more than acceptable to me.

My money is on 4moa until the barrel heats up...

Oh, forgot, you're running an AR, not an AK. The AR would probably choke on steel cased stuff. Carry on:laugh:

My AR runs great with steel cased rounds. I think the Russians changed how they manufacture them because my steel .223 doesn't have that tacky think coating that some of my older Brown Bear 7.62x39 has.

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana

I have several extra scopes you can try out this weekend. If you want one temporarily or for good I'll get you a real good price.

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    Ben

I can't help it if your vocab lacks coolness. And, the mods said I was in danger of being banned because I willingly associate with you:laugh::laugh:

I've heard of several folks running steel cased stuff in ARs with no problems. Now that I think about it, it's been a while since I've seen Russian stuff with that lacquer (don't know that it had anything to do with the problems we used to hear about- just a guess). I always suspected it had more to do with the steel not swelling win fired like brass does:dunno:

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    Ben

I can't help it if your vocab lacks coolness. And, the mods said I was in danger of being banned because I willingly associate with you:laugh::laugh:

I've heard of several folks running steel cased stuff in ARs with no problems. Now that I think about it, it's been a while since I've seen Russian stuff with that lacquer (don't know that it had anything to do with the problems we used to hear about- just a guess). I always suspected it had more to do with the steel not swelling win fired like brass does:dunno:

Yeah my older Russian stockpile is lacquer coated and I think the new stuff is polymer coated. The biggest problem was getting the chamber really hot and then either letting a round sit in there or switching to brass.

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    Where will everybody be this week by division?

I'll be in ESR, ESP and "Saiga" (how cool is it that I get a division named after my gun:cool:)

Ben, Mike- 45s or 9s?

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    9mm ESP(gotta stick with what's cheap), Pump and Auto.

Nice- we'll get to play in the division together. And cheap is good:D

I gotta get some shotgun shells lol or I won't be doing anything in the side match. I checked my stash and I have just 12 shells left!

No problem man, Steve said it was only 11 rounds. You can do that, right? :laugh: I still remember the image last year when I came up to the line and saw shot laying all over the place. Took me a minute to figure out what happened:laugh:

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    What, someone trying to shoot makeshift birdshot slugs? :dunno:

LOL no, I had tried getting one more reload out of some of the crustiest and most brittle plastic AA hulls imaginable...the brass was so swollen that it wouldn't eject in my 11-87...I grabbed one and pinched it and the crimp just burst all over the barrel! I have so many empty hulls but shot is so expensive that it's hard to justify reloading it.

I'll hit WalMart or something up tonight and pick me up a box if I shoot it...I need to do that with slugs and shot; pick up a small box every week or other week to keep me a good stash when the Zombie Apocalypse happens.

Top Bottom