• ...and so much more!
  • Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    It was not power lines apparently.
    Interesting because I watched an interview with a homeowner adjacent to the downed line. Watched strong winds break the line then sparks, fire. The Utility had initially admitted the power line started it but blamed the fire fighters for keeping it from spreading.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    So, we are taking the Utility's word for it?
    Should be easy to prove of it was on or off.
    Just check the computer data. I'm sure everything is recorded.
    If it was shown to be off then something else started it.
    I should have put a question mark behind my sentence.

The Canadian Interagency Forest Fire Centre reported that about half of 2022’s forest fires were set by humans, deliberately or accidentally

If this is the case then I'm sure 2023 had the same problems.

Last edited:

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    Interesting because I watched an interview with a homeowner adjacent to the downed line. Watched strong winds break the line then sparks, fire. The Utility had initially admitted the power line started it but blamed the fire fighters for keeping it from spreading.
    I thought the lines that supposedly started the fire did so in a wildlife refuge north of the city...not in a neighborhood or with houses near?
    I would like to see the video you are talking about though.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    And the finger-pointing begins.

Even though the fire department thought they extinguished blaze, the power company is still ultimately the root cause of the fire.

It is not at all uncommon for firefighters to miss small hotspots that flare back up. It’s almost impossible to prevent without wasting resources for every fire.

What if it was just too big initially? Would the power company still blame them because they “didn’t do their jobs”?

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    And the finger-pointing begins.

Even though the fire department thought they extinguished blaze, the power company is still ultimately the root cause of the fire.

It is not at all uncommon for firefighters to miss small hotspots that flare back up. It’s almost impossible to prevent without wasting resources for every fire.

What if it was just too big initially? Would the power company still blame them because they “didn’t do their jobs”?
    You combine a small hotspot in a drought area and combine that with the 50-60mph winds they were already seeing and that **** is going to spread and fast. Just a few embers picked up and carried will do it at that point.

bobzilla

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Is there any sane explanation for this? Safety, looter prevention, anything?
    You would think TPTB would explain it, just to prevent rumors from starting.
    I imagine they are still digging charred bodies out as well as looting. Not exactly what you want the world to see and the families deserve some privacy. but it's so much easier to assume evil instead.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    I imagine they are still digging charred bodies out as well as looting. Not exactly what you want the world to see and the families deserve some privacy. but it's so much easier to assume evil instead.
    Opaque fences for long term crime scenes and disaster sites aren't out of the ordinary. This is a larger scale one, but it doesn't surprise me. With all those missing kids they foolishly sent home without any caretakers, they're gonna be grid searching for remains for some time.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    That passes me off to no end!
    Do you know where or when the picture was taken or those people are?
    If you are complaining, that after several decades of the U.S. helping other countries during disasters, someone is helping us, you should make that clear.
    Pretty sure @JCSR posted that pic as sarcasm...

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    Pretty sure @JCSR posted that pic as sarcasm...
    Not totally ...........

FEMA Turns Hawaii Tragedy into a Tropical Retreat, Stays at $1,000-a-Night Luxury Hotels Leaving Taxpayers Footing the Bill​

bobzilla

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Not totally ...........

FEMA Turns Hawaii Tragedy into a Tropical Retreat, Stays at $1,000-a-Night Luxury Hotels Leaving Taxpayers Footing the Bill​

But I’m sure sone will find a way to explain this away as always. I’m sure there willl be a “but trump” as well.

Magyars

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    Delaware County Freehold
    Do you know where or when the picture was taken or those people are?
    If you are complaining, that after several decades of the U.S. helping other countries during disasters, someone is helping us, you should make that clear.
    You misunderstand , I posted the original post about Hungary helping us. I am Irritated about FEMA/US government relaxing in a pool

Top Bottom