• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I'm not surprised, and I bet the number of districts were he got less than 5% would be staggering as well.

In 59 Philadelphia voting divisions, Mitt Romney got zero votes

Nationally, 93 percent of African Americans voted for Obama, according to exit polls, so it's not surprising that in some parts of Philadelphia, the president did even better than that.

In the entire city, Obama got 85 percent of the vote. His worst showing was in South Philadelphia's 26th Ward. There, the president garnered 52.3 percent of the vote, compared to 46.6 percent for Romney.

Paula Terreri, 57, a 26th Ward Republican who describes herself as a devout Catholic, said outside the polls on Tuesday that she voted for Romney because she opposed abortion.

Many parts of Philadelphia and other big cities simply lack Republican voters, a fact of campaigning that has been true since Franklin D. Roosevelt's New Deal, Stanford University's Rodden said.

In 2008, McCain got zero votes in 57 Philadelphia voting divisions. That was a big increase from 2004, when George W. Bush was blanked in just five divisions.

As the first African American president, Obama held immense appeal to black voters, but skin color is only part of the story, said Mark Sawyer, a political science professor at UCLA.

Previous Republican candidates, including Richard Nixon and Jack Kemp, supported affirmative action and urban development, but their party has abandoned those stances, Sawyer said.

Romney's comments, including talking about people who want "more free stuff from the government" after a visit to the NAACP, only further distanced African Americans who felt the comments played to stereotypes about welfare, Sawyer said.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    water-bucket.jpg

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Jeffersonville
    I have been harping for voter authentication for some time, but it will likely not happen - because as a group of people we are too stupid to actually implement it. The same ridiculous way people grasp "it must be a conspiracy" comes into play, making it politically unfavorable - and is the same reason we will never have vote authentication.

To be realistic though, the outcome of the election was actually exactly how a majority of the polls predicted for some time....

Anyone who did not see this coming, or believes it must have been attributed to fraud - had their head buried in the sand.

You really would have just not wanted it to happen so bad that you refused to believe it - and I think some of that is still going on....

1 + 1 = 3..... that is mathematically impossible.... dividing by zero - that is mathematically impossible....

An election going pretty much exactly as predicted, the outcome being close in many states - with significant blowouts on both sides in rural vs urban areas..... that is political science....

Last edited:

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    Those are 100% black districts and the voters in those districts vote 100% along racial lines. Whites need not apply. I have no trouble believing that no votes for a white Republican were cast in those districts, and probably no votes for ANY Republican.
    That is the part to look at next. I wonder if Romney got any votes in Watts?

Delmar

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 2, 2009
    Goshen IN
    Wouldn't you think the Democrats would respond by pointing out all the voting districts that didn't get a single Obama vote? With the popular vote being so close to 50/50 it seems like there would have been a few.

Top Bottom