Massie introduces HR 9534, the National Constitutional Carry Act.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I don't have any middle ground with our Given Rights. If one is in jail or prison you have no rights. You do your time, all rights need to be restored.
    True Freedom is a scary thing, its supposed to be that way.
    Except the reality of the world is we cant keep folks locked up forever if we are going to use that metric.

We are just going to have to agree to disagree.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Except the reality of the world is we cant keep folks locked up forever if we are going to use that metric.

We are just going to have to agree to disagree.
    If one is deemed to unstable to return to normal crime free life we put them to sleep, in Never Never Land with Michael Jackson and Elvis.
    Lots of citizens are in prison for life, we have over . Over 200,000 people, or about 1 in 7 prisoners in the United States, were serving life or virtual life sentences in 2019. Over 50,000 prisoners are serving life without a chance of parole.

I do find it interesting that some would be willing to take another citizens "Rights" away even after them doing the time.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    It should be 3 strikes and it's a trip through the felon zapper. I'd argue less than 3. If you can't be trusted in polite society you should not be there period dot exclamation point (see earlier mentioned felon zapper). If you can be trusted in polite society all rights should be yours.

Tripp11

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    There is already a mechanism in place to restore one's 2nd amendment rights after revocation.
    You can always request restoration from your congresscritter.
    State felonies - sure - most states (if not all) have an expungement process; however, for a federal felon, the only way to restore gun rights is a Presidential Pardon. Unless there's something else which I'm unaware of - and if so, I would welcome the opportunity to read about it.

Tripp11

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    Why shouldn't all of ones god given rights, be restored after you have paid your dues?
    My comment was based on the actions already taken by the US Supreme Court. They've already opined on the issue of violent vs. non-violent felons being able to possess a firearm. I just wish there was a way to immediately make that happen - like today. Kicking those few cases back to the lower courts (like Vincent vs. Garland) and essentially telling the lower courts to "try again" on their decision only prolongs the injustice for those prohibited persons.

IMO, a felon who is not violent should have his/her rights restored once the sentence has been satisfied. I believe that is achievable in this current political environment. Restoring gun rights to a violent felon, while I understand your premise, I don't believe that is achievable in the current political environment today.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    It should be 3 strikes and it's a trip through the felon zapper. I'd argue less than 3. If you can't be trusted in polite society you should not be there period dot exclamation point (see earlier mentioned felon zapper). If you can be trusted in polite society all rights should be yours.
    So say a man kills a family of three driving drunk and us found guilty of vehicular manslaughter and gets 1 to 10 years.
    Six years later he's out of prison and does the same to a car full of college students.
    Are we going to give him a third chance?

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    My comment was based on the actions already taken by the US Supreme Court. They've already opined on the issue of violent vs. non-violent felons being able to possess a firearm. I just wish there was a way to immediately make that happen - like today. Kicking those few cases back to the lower courts (like Vincent vs. Garland) and essentially telling the lower courts to "try again" on their decision only prolongs the injustice for those prohibited persons.

IMO, a felon who is not violent should have his/her rights restored once the sentence has been satisfied. I believe that is achievable in this current political environment. Restoring gun rights to a violent felon, while I understand your premise, I don't believe that is achievable in the current political environment today.
    Oh it's achievable all right. Its a self cleaning oven.
    Just the thought of letting a convicted felon own firearms is just frightening to most folks.
    As free citizens either have are rights or we don't. True Freedom is scary.

Tripp11

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    Oh it's achievable all right. Its a self cleaning oven.
    Just the thought of letting a convicted felon own firearms is just frightening to most folks.
    As free citizens either have are rights or we don't. True Freedom is scary.
    Hell, the idea of just "citizens" owning firearms is frightening to lots of folks. LOL

And it's hard to argue with your comment, "free citizens either have rights or they don't".

Unfortunately, the citizenry isn't ready for mass executions of violent felons and there's not resources available to keep them locked up indefinitely. Maybe a solution would be to never incarcerate non-violent felons and only incarcerate violent felons - not sure of the stats between the two.

A good first step would be to have something in place inside federal prisons which actually tries to rehabilitate a prisoner. Federal prisons in this country are only warehousing men and women. There is little to no rehabilitation which is why the recidivism rate is so high in this country. And upon release, there are so many roadblocks to a successful re-entry into society. With all the hurdles put in front of felons upon release, it's no wonder many fall back into a life of crime because it's easier.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Hell, the idea of just "citizens" owning firearms is frightening to lots of folks. LOL

And it's hard to argue with your comment, "free citizens either have rights or they don't".

Unfortunately, the citizenry isn't ready for mass executions of violent felons and there's not resources available to keep them locked up indefinitely. Maybe a solution would be to never incarcerate non-violent felons and only incarcerate violent felons - not sure of the stats between the two.

A good first step would be to have something in place inside federal prisons which actually tries to rehabilitate a prisoner. Federal prisons in this country are only warehousing men and women. There is little to no rehabilitation which is why the recidivism rate is so high in this country. And upon release, there are so many roadblocks to a successful re-entry into society. With all the hurdles put in front of felons upon release, it's no wonder many fall back into a life of crime because it's easier.
    Thats the end of the discussion...
    My opinion on those that go to prison, it should just suck to be in one.
    It doesn't suck, we should still see chain gangs on the side of the road like when I was a kid. We should have sweatshops they have to work in, like steel-mills, glass plants, plastic injection plants and so on. It should suck so bad one has no desire to go back.
    It should suck worse than being a deployed Infantry Soldier or Marine, the general public have no idea what its like to live under a tent or woobie for months on end with it being 122* during the daytime. Or spend 6 months under water hot racking with a few other sailors.
    Going to prison should suck worse than being in the second wave landing on Omaha Beach with the knowledge of what happened to those in the first wave.
    We should still have prison farms that produce an income for the taxpayers or was a cash flow even at the year end. It was not so long ago we had prison farms that taught a few Trades here in Indiana.
    The rest is just for the most part, smoke and mirrors... semantics.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Z06
    Top Bottom