• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indy1919a4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Gosh If I wanted something, and I had the choice to get it by some blind luck lottery or by using my will, endurance and skill.. I Would much rather have my influence on the outcome rather then setting back and waiting for some luck to work.

Wheezy50

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Morgan County
    you guys have a nice club, but im not freezing my ass off on NYE to try and get a spot. you can take someone else's time, money and hypothermia and cram my intended membership where the sun does not shine.

Thank you so much for not bothering, you will not be missed.

And someone else will gladly be waiting for "your" spot

cook5oh

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 28, 2013
    Southern Indiana
    It's an unfortunate reality, that there just isn't enough range space in Indiana for everyone. Heck, I live in bloomington and have to drive 25 minutes north to Martinsville just to use the range. i consider myself lucky to have gotten a slot there.

And i just sent my check off today so you aint gettin my spot! haha! :draw:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    It's an unfortunate reality, that there just isn't enough range space in Indiana for everyone. Heck, I live in bloomington and have to drive 25 minutes north to Martinsville just to use the range. i consider myself lucky to have gotten a slot there.

And i just sent my check off today so you aint gettin my spot! haha! :draw:

It's about the same drive for me from the other direction, and well worth it I think. Closer than Atterbury, which is the next closest to me. Just hope I'm able to get in this year! I've been as a guest a few times and loved it.

DougBarnes101

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 25, 2008
    Martinsville, IN
    Guys, Just wanted to remind all existing members here that tomorrow is the deadline to get your memberships back in. Once the treasurer picks up the mail tomorrow if we don't have yours in hand then you will need to be in line on Jan 1, 2014 to try to get a spot.

Good Luck to you all

Doug
    Secretary MSCC

bkflyer

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2011
    I wouldn't mind the wait, unfortunately I am working nights AGAIN this year!!!!!!Grrrrrrrrrrr
    (you guys don't have a 100' x 100' area I can use as a LZ do you.....)

02roadster

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2013
    Foxcliff, Morgan Co.
    Guys, Just wanted to remind all existing members here that tomorrow is the deadline to get your memberships back in. Once the treasurer picks up the mail tomorrow if we don't have yours in hand then you will need to be in line on Jan 1, 2014 to try to get a spot.

Good Luck to you all

Doug
    Secretary MSCC

Loved seeing my bank statement & cleared check made out to MSCC! Glad the guy with the "attitude" won't see the cancelled check or the club.:rockwoot:

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I'm giving up my spot guys, so that is one spot that will definitely be there. Good luck to those looking to get a spot in a great club.

I can't say I've met any nice people out there, because whenever I went, the ranges were empty. It was nice to be able to do what I needed to do without all the hot/cold for people to set up and tear down. I'm sure the 300 meter range will get a lot of use when the weather warms up. Still, I don't think there will be a crowd out there. Hopefully, I'll get a chance to try it out on Thursday, before my card expires.

Hammer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    On the lake
    To the sour puss above (not you Que) with that kind of attitude it's best you don't join. The members there are very nice and shoot for fun in the cold and wet, and we have fun doing it. And I really do not know what you mean by sitting out in the cold.....Don't you have a vehicle with heat and a roof? That's what I did.

My check cleared, so I am in again.

IndianaRog

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Martinsville, IN
    Wonder how many spots will be open?

We will let you know no later than Sat. Dec. 28th
    . We will post it here, on our club website and on the gate outside our club. Then you have 3 days to decide if it's worth trying to get in. This approach will hopefully prevent the 150 car backup we had last New Year's day for just 22 openings.

Roger for the Board

IndianaRog

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Martinsville, IN
    Announcement: We will have 33 openings for new members on New Year's Day at the Martinsville Sportsmans Conservation Club on Burton Lane off 37 in Martinsville, IN.

Gate will be opened at 8 AM New Year's Day 2014 to the first 33 people. Potential new members need to be prepared to pay $150 in cash, check or money order. Once gate is opened, proceed to the clubhouse where the board will have new member applications and a rule packet to fill out on the spot. New members will receive their electronic gate card by mail on Jan 30th, 2014 and it will remain usable til Jan 30th, 2015 giving full 12 months of access. Once you are an existing member, we send out renewals in early Nov. of each year.

This same info is posted on our club website AND the number of openings will also be posted on the gate as of Sat. Dec. 28th.

Good luck.

Roger for the Board

Top Bottom