• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndianaRog

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Martinsville, IN
    At our monthly Board meeting Thurs evening 11/7, we stuffed 500 member renewal envelopes and they will be mailed to our current membership on Friday 11/8. Most folks should receive theirs by early the week of Nov. 11th.

Renewal form and a check for $100 will need to be in our club mailbox BEFORE Dec. 25, 2013. You have six + weeks to return that form and funds. Any received after 12/25 will be returned with regrets and your spot will be made available for a newcomer as of Jan. 1, 2014.

Don't procrastinate, pass it off to your spouse to handle it or leave it on top of the fridge...if we don't have it in time, your only option will be to get here on New Year's eve and wait it out with others wanting in.

By the weekend of Dec. 28th we will post on our website AND on INGO, how many 2014 new member openings we will have available for New Year's day, so prospective new members can judge if the number is worth the wait. Jan 1, 2013 we had over 150 folks show up for just 22 openings...only those who were there from the nite before til 5 am made the cut.

Roger for the Board

IndianaRog

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Martinsville, IN
    Friendly reminder...INGO members who are also Martinsville Sportsmans Conservation Club members...you must get your renewal form sent in with check and it must be received by Dec. 24th...any renewals received after that date will be returned with regrets and your spot made available to a new member Jan 1.

Thus far, we have just over 250 renewals returned since they were mailed Nov. 8th.

Roger for the Board

indy1919a4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Just a Stupid, Yet Paranoid question, Mailed mine back, Is there any way to verified that you received it, prior to the dreaded 24th date?????? By the way love the new wooden target stands out there...

IndianaRog

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Martinsville, IN
    Just a Stupid, Yet Paranoid question, Mailed mine back, Is there any way to verified that you received it, prior to the dreaded 24th date?????? By the way love the new wooden target stands out there...

Our treasurer is swamped about now with incoming checks...not possible for him to go thru the stack to verify each one received. He makes a deposit every 7-10 days (lives outside Martinsville). Once deposited, your bank should be able to give you a confirmation of cancellation if you log onto a website account with the bank or just phone them with check number and date in hand. Wish we could give instantaneous feedback that checks have been safely received, but to my knowledge we have never lost an existing member due to check getting lost in the mail.

If anyone has sent in their check and NOT gotten cancellation confirmation from bank by Dec. 20th...start yelling via club email address on the website. We are making the cutoff for receipt earlier this year (renewal and check must be received by Dec. 24th). We moved it up a week this year so we can give new applicants a confirmed number of openings available by Sat. Dec. 28th on our website AND notice posted at club gate. Knowing how many openings are available should help new comers figure out if it's worth doing the all niter thing New Year's eve.

Roger

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    People still use checks?:dunno:
    I pay for everything else with cards, PayPal or cash. I sent a money order to pay for my membership...

jve153

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 14, 2011
    bargersville, in
    you guys have a nice club, but im not freezing my ass off on NYE to try and get a spot. you can take someone else's time, money and hypothermia and cram my intended membership where the sun does not shine.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    you guys have a nice club, but im not freezing my ass off on NYE to try and get a spot. you can take someone else's time, money and hypothermia and cram my intended membership where the sun does not shine.

Nice. I'm sure you'll be missed. :rolleyes:

cook5oh

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 28, 2013
    Southern Indiana

Wow, nice attitude. You wouldnt want to be a member anyway. Most members aren't that hateful and bitter.

IndyLongColt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2013
    Morgan County
    I kind of agree but not to stick it where the sun dont shine. I just wont wait outside all night long to maybe get a spot. I gave that up as a teenager trying to get a front row seat at Metallica, LOL!!! Just wish there was a signup list or some other way.

aaron580

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 27, 2012
    Morgan County
    Signup process is ridiculous, but I wouldn't mind it. Im thinking about joining the place down by nashville. I've got about 150yds in my back yard but would love to have access to 300.

KDUBCR250

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Martinsville
    Just one of those things if your a member the sign up seems fair. If you not it doesn't. I don't know of a way it could be more fair. After all it's a 500 member club so people will be left out, so is life !

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Just one of those things if your a member the sign up seems fair. If you not it doesn't. I don't know of a way it could be more fair. After all it's a 500 member club so people will be left out, so is life !

The only other way I could think of is some kind of lottery system, but knowing my luck at such things, I will be HAPPILY camping out on NYE. Have propane stove, heater and Carhartts, will travel! :) And thanks to old sour puss above, there is at least one less person that I'll be competing with... :rolleyes:

Top Bottom