• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • venenoindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Noblesville
    I recently came across an article about the special edition Marlin 60 (50th anniversary) and ever since got in my head it may be time for a new toy, as far I can tell seems like a very nice model 60 and for around $200.00 seems like you can not get a better rifle for that kind of money. but the one thing is keeping me from getting it is I kind of was planning to get more centerfire ammo or to trick out my Ruger MKIII, seems like this model won't be around for long so should I get it and put off the other projects?

Marlin Model 60DLX

YouTube - Gunblast.com - Marlin 50th Anniversary Model 60 Deluxe

Duce

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    Delaware County
    Depends somewhat on if you plan on shooting it or setting it back until it gains enough value to send the youngins to college.
    The latter I've never could get it to work out that way.
    As for a shooter, as the guy said Marlin made about 11 million, doubt they'll ever be in short supply. Shoot I remember when K-mart sold them with a 3/4" scope for under $50....AAAHHH the good'ol day $1.25 an hour wages, Viet Nam....never mind.........:):Duce<><

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    I would purchase the first one you come into contact with. Model 60clx.

The one pictured is the guy from gunblast and I saw him with it at the SHOT SHOW. According to my source (Ex marlin employee ) they made a few for the shot show and were getting ready to ramp up production when the plant caught fire and and closed. How many they made I do not know. I do not know when marlin will be making new rifles in Ilion NY. so if you see one get it.

I myself look for the 24 inch barreled ones not the new 20 inchers and get a peep sight. I like the extra sight picture and for plinking the extra round count.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    I found one for you if you want to spend the money.
    Marlin 60DLX 22 LR : Semi-auto at GunBroker.com

Finally talked to a ex employee at Marlin. Damn, you would swear it was TOP SECRET or something? Anyway, he finally told me that the DLX--- S/N was the pre-production number and only 1,000 were made from DLX000 to DLX999. The regular production numbers are DL0000 to DL9999 and only 10,000 will be produced in 2010 then that's it! No more Black Walnut!

So, all that said, this line is still a short run of 11,000 with the first 1,000 of the DLX numbers being a little more collectible somewhere down the road. Bottom Line, these rifles are going to be harder and harder to find as more and more are being put into gun safes for collectibles and simply put it's the best looking model 60 ever made and if your a Marlin 60 lover you want to have one.

The marlin website did have a list of dealers that you could preorder one from. I would try some from the list.

I like the old long barreled ones myself but the black walnut stock is nice.

Top Bottom