Daughter needs a car and of course has requirements...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • blain

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 27, 2016
    Evansville
    Hoping for some recommendations. She would prefer to buy outright ($10k budget)...
    She wants a manual and (surprisingly) doesn't want a truck and that's about it at this point. I'm not stuck on any particular brand...
    I've owned a 1968 Simca 1000. It was a blast to drive, 4-speed, 4-cylinder (rear mounted iron block, aluminum head), 12" tires (mud&snow on rear, highway on front). That little thing would go just about anywhere.
    I don't know what shipping from Italy would be, but...
    1968_Simca_1000.jpg

:ugh: On second thought, the Simca 1000 may not be the safest car on the road.

Last edited:

DCR

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 6, 2009
    I've owned a 1968 Simca 1000. It was a blast to drive, 4-speed, 4-cylinder (rear mounted iron block, aluminum head), 12" tires (mud&snow on rear, highway on front). That little thing would go just about anywhere.
    I don't know what shipping from Italy would be, but...
    View attachment 382847

:ugh: On second thought, the Simca 1000 may not be the safest car on the road.

4 speed on the column AIR

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Man some of you guys actually buy cars for economy and reliability? You only get one spin on this earth.

I wonder how many people here that have never driven a high powered car?
    Closest I ever came was a '73 Nova SS. 350, 4bbl, 4 speed. It was a piece of crap overall, but it was fun to take out on U.S. 52 south of Lafayette and put it through its paces.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    3rd generation Toyota 4runner from the southern states. These are tanks.
    They are, but they also still command a premium. Anything that isn't under 150,000 miles is likely going to be $10k or so. Depending on who owned it, it would likely need some love to refresh original parts.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Man some of you guys actually buy cars for economy and reliability? You only get one spin on this earth.

I wonder how many people here that have never driven a high powered car?
    I don’t need a high powered car to have fun. My racecar makes 116whp. My daily has 180whp. Manual trans, sticky tires and good suspension is all I need

Top Bottom