• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    My 27 acres was just under $100... For the YEAR! I'll see what they do next year after the house is figured in but I still think it will be under $1500.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    What are the options? Abolish property tax and raise income taxes?

How do other states, the few that don't have property taxes, manage to build roads and schools and maintain them? Not being sarcastic, genuinely curious.

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    Property taxes on your primary residence is nothing more than theft of your property. Yes I understand that infrastructure needs to be paid for and we all know what a GREAT EFFING deal we're getting from our investment in the failed public school system, but taking that money based on the value of our homes is wrong. There are states with no property tax and they get the money from other taxes. I'd be OK if we had a law that exempted those over age 60 of having to pay property taxes...but if you work hard to make a place to live, and can finally retire, you still don't own your home in this state and that is just reprehensible.

sgtonory

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 10, 2012
    Carmel
    What are the options? Abolish property tax and raise income taxes?

How do other states, the few that don't have property taxes, manage to build roads and schools and maintain them? Not being sarcastic, genuinely curious.

How did we harvest cotten when we abolished slavery? The free market has a way or doing all of the above and better with out the need to threaten of violence to fund it.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    How did we harvest cotten when we abolished slavery? The free market has a way or doing all of the above and better with out the need to threaten of violence to fund it.
    I'd love to say, 'I see what you did there,' but in reality I have no idea what you just said.

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    I'd love to say, 'I see what you did there,' but in reality I have no idea what you just said.

I believe he's referencing the advent of the "spinning jenny." Single handidly stopped the South, and the rest of the States with it, from entering a massive economic depression following the Civil War, IMO.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    I believe he's referencing the advent of the "spinning jenny." Single handidly stopped the South, and the rest of the States with it, from entering a massive economic depression following the Civil War, IMO.
    Ok, sure, and what the heck does that have to do with property taxes and infrastructure?

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I'll complain about the Obamacare tax, SS, Medicaire, gas tax, and others before complaining about property taxes. Can't complain about everything and I'll save my words for the big kicks to the groin.

I would permanently opt out of SS and pay a 1% fine each year if I got
    To keep the other 12% for the rest of my life. They can keep 1% of my SS liability, plus keep everything I've paid in thus fAr. Just let me keep my own $$ moving forward.

Where's THAT legislation?

sgtonory

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 10, 2012
    Carmel
    I'll complain about the Obamacare tax, SS, Medicaire, gas tax, and others before complaining about property taxes. Can't complain about everything and I'll save my words for the big kicks to the groin.

I would permanently opt out of SS and pay a 1% fine each year if I got
    To keep the other 12% for the rest of my life. They can keep 1% of my SS liability, plus keep everything I've paid in thus fAr. Just let me keep my own $$ moving forward.

Where's THAT legislation?

How about you keep all of your money? Taxes are theft are theft. I think property tax is almost as bad as it comes. It makes it hard for you to own property and live off the land you own. They force you to earn Federal Reserve Notes. To pay there tax so you can rent your property from this criminal gang we call the "state".

sgtonory

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 10, 2012
    Carmel

What i said was we dont need to pay for things like schools, roads, etc with a "tax" that is collected with the threat of violence. We had and will have roads, schools etc before and after government. This video kinda shows those ideas http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8TI-pm0m2o\

Top Bottom