• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tim1911

Marksman
    Rating - 87%
    20   3   0
    Nov 11, 2010
    Southside Indy
    Is it just me, or has the Marion County Sheriff's Department taken a beating in the media lately? Today in the news a deputy is arrested for criminal recklessness for discharging a rifle in his apartment, and earlier in the week a deputy arrested for prescription drug thefts. The week before last a deputy arrested for sending explicit pictures and videos. Another deputy arrested in the Super Bowl village for allegedly fondling a 12 year old while drunk. I remember growing up and always seeing the brown uniform and campaign hats, and thinking how squared away they were. What has changed? Thoughts?

tatertot

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2012
    Don't forget about the deputy that was ghost employing time for the department, while simultaneously working part time.

jetmechG550

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    There was a fatal accident yesterday also involving an off-duty IMPD officer. While they were clear he was off-duty and in his personal vehicle and that the other driver was at fault, they still went on to discuss blood was drawn. They also reported on his previous record which was less than stellar with at least one previous DUI (maybe a second). I don't know, I grew up in Chicago, son of a Chicago cop, and I kind chuckle when people talk about how corrupt CPD is, I don't think they hold a candle to the antics on display here.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Is it just me, or has the Marion County Sheriff's Department taken a beating in the media lately? Today in the news a deputy is arrested for criminal recklessness for discharging a rifle in his apartment, and earlier in the week a deputy arrested for prescription drug thefts. The week before last a deputy arrested for sending explicit pictures and videos. Another deputy arrested in the Super Bowl village for allegedly fondling a 12 year old while drunk. I remember growing up and always seeing the brown uniform and campaign hats, and thinking how squared away they were. What has changed? Thoughts?

That's what happens when you have people without a clue doing the hiring.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    There was a fatal accident yesterday also involving an off-duty IMPD officer. While they were clear he was off-duty and in his personal vehicle and that the other driver was at fault, they still went on to discuss blood was drawn. They also reported on his previous record which was less than stellar with at least one previous DUI (maybe a second). I don't know, I grew up in Chicago, son of a Chicago cop, and I kind chuckle when people talk about how corrupt CPD is, I don't think they hold a candle to the antics on display here.

Chicago PD compared to IMPD/MCSD? Uh yeah, not even close. I take our local guys all day long. Local agencies surely have their issues, but it's not even in the same solar system when compared to Chicago.

jetmechG550

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    Chicago PD compared to IMPD/MCSD? Uh yeah, not even close. I take our local guys all day long. Local agencies surely have their issues, but it's not even in the same solar system when compared to Chicago.

Have you lived there? How many do you know? Thanks

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Have you lived there? How many do you know? Thanks

What does living there have to do with it? I know several, and I often bite my tongue whenever they talk "shop." And my experiences while plain clothed haven't been exactly awesome.

Most recent experience. I was driving my Z through downtown Chicago, and a CPD suv pulls up. Passenger tells me to roll down my window while stopped at a light. I roll it down, and he tells me I "better" keep my speed down. I tell him basically that "I do the say thing you do bro." He goes, "in that case, go as fast as you want." laughs and they take off.

I turn to my girlfriend in the passenger's seat at say, "I hate guys like that."

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I turn to my girlfriend in the passenger's seat at say, "I hate guys like that."

Thanks for sharing this! Correctly or incorrectly, silence is often perceived as agreement.

As for the unfortunate incidents, I am happy to see that the opportunity has been created to take out the trash therefore allowing everyone else the opportunity to make the department better, and I prefer to believe this to be the case as opposed to it being a matter of simply exceeding the limit on how egregious an offense the blue wall can cover.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I remember growing up and always seeing the brown uniform and campaign hats, and thinking how squared away they were. What has changed? Thoughts?

I remember too and they were squared away. So much so that I decided early in life to follow in those footsteps. I did just that until January 2007 when I was traded off to wear blue in the biggest political lie ever told in Marion County.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I remember too and they were squared away. So much so that I decided early in life to follow in those footsteps. I did just that until January 2007 when I was traded off to wear blue in the biggest political lie ever told in Marion County.

Pathetic when your world gets up-ended for some self-serving, lying, cheating wastes of otherwise useful space. Incidentally, what would you consider to be the actual reason the politicians pushed that through?

jetmechG550

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    What does living there have to do with it? I know several, and I often bite my tongue whenever they talk "shop." And my experiences while plain clothed haven't been exactly awesome.

Most recent experience. I was driving my Z through downtown Chicago, and a CPD suv pulls up. Passenger tells me to roll down my window while stopped at a light. I roll it down, and he tells me I "better" keep my speed down. I tell him basically that "I do the say thing you do bro." He goes, "in that case, go as fast as you want." laughs and they take off.

Great story, I guess living there would give you first hand experience :dunno:

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    What does living there have to do with it? I would say that it works just the same as the fact that I don't have to live in Washington to know that Obama is a worthless SOB.

jetmechG550

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    Having actually lived there, and having actually lived with a 32+ year veteran of department and having numerous friends either retired from or still on the job there and having lived here for several years, I have seen far more cases of bafoonery by IMPD than in Chicago. it's funny you think the guy in the SUV was a cop, CPD has other things to worry about on the job than traffic. Their traffic division isn't very large and the amount of cars with radar is surprisingly low, when off duty most everyone I know could give a ****, just like when they are on duty unless you are really driving like an idiot. But I guess since you are "on the job" too you felt entitled to drive however you want since you figured you'd just whip it out if you got pulled over and want the respect of the badge.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Having actually lived there, and having actually lived with a 32+ year veteran of department and having numerous friends either retired from or still on the job there and having lived here for several years, I have seen far more cases of bafoonery by IMPD than in Chicago. it's funny you think the guy in the SUV was a cop, CPD has other things to worry about on the job than traffic. Their traffic division isn't very large and the amount of cars with radar is surprisingly low, when off duty most everyone I know could give a ****, just like when they are on duty unless you are really driving like an idiot. But I guess since you are "on the job" too you felt entitled to drive however you want since you figured you'd just whip it out if you got pulled over and want the respect of the badge.

That's a fair bit of hyperbole if you keep up with any type of news outlet.
    You having lived with a 32 year Chicago PD vet means you know about Chicago PD, and how it works, as I do about the US Army, having 28 year father as a vet......pretty much zilch.

Oh, and how is it funny that I thought the guy is the SUV was Chicago PD? Does Chicago allow regular citizens to roll around in their uniforms and marked vehicles (I never indicated that he was "off-duty"???
    Had it been some random stranger in SUV, I probably wouldn't have even rolled the window down.
    The guy was simply trying to start something, but backed off when he found out I was in the "brotherhood," which irked me to some degree given that people will lump me into the same category as that clown.

But hey, if you think IMPD is anyway comparable to Chicago PD (as far as abuses), then, uhhh, well.... ok :n00b:

Top Bottom