March 2011 Indy 1500 (18th, 19th, and 20th)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dpzj96

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    ECI
    I am still kicking myself for not purchasing a compact RIA 1911 last show. I saw a great deal on one in the first building (where all the surplus ammo usually is), but I couldn't pull the trigger due to my purchases previously in the day. I thought I read somewhere that the booth that had the great deal was going out of business, but I sure hope this isn't the case. Does anyone know or remember if there was a booth that said they were a gun shop going out of business? Either way, I hope I can find my Compact Rock.

johenz

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2010
    Indianapols, IN
    Shopping a handgun probably. I really haven't narrowed the list. I need a decent second carry gun in .45 cal, but also need something a little smaller that my 14 yo daughter can handle at the range.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I've never been to the 1500 and i don't like carrying a lot of cash around - do the tables take plastic or checks?

Also, I don't carry (yet) and I don't own a holster (looking for one at 1500), do I just show my unloaded pistol to the door guys and get it zip tied and that's it?

thanks

Many of the booths take plastic, but cash is king and you can make better deals using it.

Yeah, you got it right on entering the show. Present the UNLOADED gun to the officers and they will zip tie it for you.

GoDawgs

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    NWI
    Thanks for the replies. One more question: I have a Beretta PX4 - given that accessories for this aren't as common as a Glock/XD, will I be able to find magazines at the 1500?

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Thanks for the replies. One more question: I have a Beretta PX4 - given that accessories for this aren't as common as a Glock/XD, will I be able to find magazines at the 1500?

The guy with the largest selection has a huge sign that says "Clips", but don't let that discourage you. :D

Mrmonte

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 1, 2009
    Indy South Side
    My short list of odds and ends mainly consists of a 3rd gen Glock 17, AK-74 mags and ammo, and a pair of surefire ear plugs to try out. I hear there is a guy that sells really nice leather belts at the 1500 also, im going to be on the look out for those too. Possibly a set of trijicons for my Glock 19 :dunno:

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    indy1500.com

[FONT=Arial,Geneva,Verdana,Sans-Serif]The Indiana State Fairgrounds[/FONT]​
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]1202 East 38th Street[/FONT]​
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Indianapolis, Indiana 46205[/FONT]​

spitfire51

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    I can only make it on Friday, my main goal is to look at as many 1911s as I can to figure out which one I want later on when I have the money. I'll definitely be looking for ammo, and I might look around for a set of brass punches and a portable target stand. Anyone know if I'll have any luck with either of those?

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    I'll be there all weekend next to a guy who looks like the big show.:): as usual I will have a few new things in addition to my normal paracord stock, and loose paracord in 100ft. packs as well. if you come by at the right time me and robb might be doing things that would be illegal in thailand.:ingo:

ljadayton

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    SW Indy
    I'll be there all weekend next to a guy who looks like the big show.:): as usual I will have a few new things in addition to my normal paracord stock, and loose paracord in 100ft. packs as well. if you come by at the right time me and robb might be doing things that would be illegal in thailand.:ingo:

:scared:I hope I miss the right time :D

GUNFIGHTER01

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2010
    laporte
    Gonna pick up a raven holster for sure. do they sell the surefire ear plugs there somewhere?

oh and ill be there all 3 days because i work for the class 3 sales tables so i'm sure i'll see most of u walking around so please come by the tables and tell us ur an INGO member and we'll give u a deal on anything on the table!!!

Deprime

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 6, 2009
    Hancock Co.
    My short list of odds and ends mainly consists of a 3rd gen Glock 17, AK-74 mags and ammo, and a pair of surefire ear plugs to try out. I hear there is a guy that sells really nice leather belts at the 1500 also, im going to be on the look out for those too. Possibly a set of trijicons for my Glock 19 :dunno:

Yeah, Bullhide Belts. I picked one up last 1500 and it is the best belt I have ever owned. I plan on picking another one up this show because I liked the first one so much.

Top Bottom