March 2011 Indy 1500 (18th, 19th, and 20th)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Do me a favor and leave a 66% IPSC in the back of your truck so it can get a little surface rust on it and we can make a deal. lol ;)

Rust remover =
    rp-big-bullet-l.jpg

ljadayton

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    SW Indy
    I'll be going on Sunday...working on getting a couple other (girl)friends to go with me. Will be stopping at the INGO table for some swag for sure

dsells13

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 30, 2010
    Lafayette
    This will be my first time going to the 1500, I know I'll get my butt kicked with parking...
    Anyway, I'm mainly looking for a mouse gun for my wife. She's ready to start carrying, but she is skinny and short, so it's hard for her to conceal anything but a mouse gun. Might look at the S&W Bodyguard, LCP/LC9, or Bersa Thunder... Honestly, probably won't buy much, but mainly seeing what the wife likes.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    I imagine I'll be spending some time talking to Brad & Knife lady. Possibly looking for an ESEE-5 and a Griptilian.

Might have to check out Que's Junglas if he's there when I'm walking around on Friday.

Aggar

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 7, 2010
    Kirklin
    I'll probably be going on Saturday. Looking for a scope mount for my savage model 16 .243 I bought at the last 1500. Looking for a scope for it and for my AR as well.
    Might look into another 9 mm and a 380 or 38 for the wife. Prolly be goin by myself to have some "me" time!

Mitch B

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2010
    indiana
    I'm going Saturday, looking for a RIA 1911, or a Taurus Judge. Not sure yet I change my mind every day. My first stop will be the 21st century table. Also probably get some bulk ammo depending on price.

AXE835

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 7, 2010
    East central Indiana
    Will be going Saturday morring after 13 hours on shift but its the 1500.:rockwoot:Probably get some ammo maybe get the wife her 9mm if I can get her to makeup her mind on the one she wants.:draw:

kharb

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 5, 2011
    Granger
    I'll be there with another INGOer and friends at opening on Friday. Haven't been in a couple years. I'm gonna need a shopping cart!

My short list:
    GSG-5 SD (Plainfield?)
    .40 Semi-Auto Full Frame, probably Sig SP2022 or Glock 22
    .38 LW, probably Ruger LCR or S&W Bodyguard (21st had a smokin' deal on these at Shipshewanna but I missed out)
    7.62x54R ammo, case of surplus plus some new factory
    Couple new holsters
    A new knife (not sure what)

Anything else that's a good deal, especially ammo, will probably be picked up too.

I know my fellow INGOer is in the market for a Kahr CW-9 or a Kel-Tec PF-9 but he wants to handle the PF-9 first before he makes the call. He'll probably be getting a new scope too.

phatgemi

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Oct 1, 2008
    Metamora, IN
    I'd like to pick up an AK if I can move my sks between now and then. Not sure if I could get a decent trade allowance. Anybody ever trade anything in up there.

Probably grab some reloading supplies also.

Hammerhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Bartholomew County
    I think it's possible the wife and I and her dad will be going Friday. That's been batted around, at least. I'll definitely stop at the INGO table. Not sure if we'll be buying anything. F-i-L might, though.

GreedIsGood

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2010
    i plan on going. this is going to be my first gun show. im will not leave there without buying something. really looking for my first rifle, any booth suggestions?

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    I don't even know if I'll make it this show...

But what I WANT are mags and ammo for my AK-74.

*sigh*

-J-

GoDawgs

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    NWI
    I've never been to the 1500 and i don't like carrying a lot of cash around - do the tables take plastic or checks?

Also, I don't carry (yet) and I don't own a holster (looking for one at 1500), do I just show my unloaded pistol to the door guys and get it zip tied and that's it?

thanks

HamsterStyle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Carthage
    I've never been to the 1500 and i don't like carrying a lot of cash around - do the tables take plastic or checks?

Also, I don't carry (yet) and I don't own a holster (looking for one at 1500), do I just show my unloaded pistol to the door guys and get it zip tied and that's it?

thanks

Most of the actual shop booths take plastic from what I have seen in the past. And as far as the holster, yeah show unloaded gun, get it ziptied and head straight to the raven concealment systems booth and get an order in. It will take a couple hours to make it so be there early and make it your first stop.

Top Bottom