Many of us have famous ancestors Who are yours?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MadMan66

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 7, 2012
    Hogshitt's Paradise
    I'm told I'm a direct descendant of Admiral de Grasse, the French Admiral who fought along side of General George Washington in the War of Independence. I'm also somehow related to Mary Todd Lincoln, which explains a lot about my family.

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    When I was a kid my mom told me that one of my ancestors rode with Jesse James and his gang. I bragged about it to all of the other kids, thought it was really cool.

Years later at a family reunion my mom introduced me to an elderly distant relative of some sort and said she could tell me the whole story. Turns out he was riding back to town when a bunch of guys rode up and asked for directions to the town. He told them he was headed that way so they rode with him. Later he figured out that it was the same gang that robbed the bank the next day.

Even if it is all true, he just gave them directions. Not quite the same thing as riding with them!

1DOWN4UP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2015
    North of 30
    My mothers side has blue bloods which have traced well past 1000 years. Another branch had some Dicxhead who said to have invented the Internet. Elvis is in there. The Fighter was Marbhachair Chamuis the Slayer..than...Father was from a long lost line of Mongrels.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    My mothers side has blue bloods which have traced well past 1000 years. Another branch had some Dicxhead who said to have invented the Internet. Elvis is in there. The Fighter was Marbhachair Chamuis the Slayer..than...Father was from a long lost line of Mongrels.

And Bill Hickman for an avatar.

VN Vet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapolis
    In the early 1800s, my family help found Newburgh, IN. It was originally named Sprinkleville, Warrick County, IN. The Sprinkle name is on my Mother's side of the Family and is still a name found in Southwestern Indiana. One of those relatives was hung as a horse thief. I guess that is in-famous rather that famous, huh?

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    In the early 1800s, my family help found Newburgh, IN. It was originally named Sprinkleville, Warrick County, IN. The Sprinkle name is on my Mother's side of the Family and is still a name found in Southwestern Indiana. One of those relatives was hung as a horse thief. I guess that is in-famous rather that famous, huh?

Are you all related to the guy that owns Guns, Knives, and More in Paoli? His last name is Sprinkle.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0

Perry County...We own the old Alma Sprinkle farm house near St Croix...You can't swing a dead cat without hitting a Sprinkle in Perry County..

My mom's side are all early Indiana Pioneers...Truesdell's, Very's, William's, McClintock's, and Chew's....They settled at the Falls after the Revolution and I believe John Williams served with Clark (not on the Illinois expedition, but a later raid)....

Dad's side are typical Kentucky Scot-Irish with a possible Boone connection through Boone's eldest daughter (who married a Hayes).....We were involved in a feud at the turn of the 20th century...The last deaths associated with the feud were my great-great Uncle and his son...They were killed on election day in Muhlenburg County during the 1920's...The feud started in Grayson County and bled over (no pun intended) to Muhlenburg County....

Top Bottom