Many of us have famous ancestors Who are yours?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    Only person I know of is on my wife's side.

Her great, great uncle was George Custer... her grandmother's maiden name is Custer and the lineage is known and traceable.... Pretty cool in my books... even if most people think he was a failure...

Jarhead77

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    Noblesville
    So...not real proud of it but Heinz Wolfgang Schnaufer, Luftwaffe night fighter ace is a great-great uncle.

David Schnaufer of Dulcimer fame is a second cousin.

More to come!!

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    I have no idea. Except that I have more Native American blood in me (by virtue of one generation closer) than Elizabeth Warren claims. It would have been a great-great grandmother on my mother's side. You can definitely see it in my great grandfather, and a little in my grandmother, but the German penchant for conquest beat it out of my mother.

I've always wondered, but have never taken the time.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    My great great uncle, Mansel Campbell, tragically flew a c-45 Beachcraft twin engine into A building in New York City (now known as The Trump Building) in a training flight from Louisiana to New Jersey in 1946, just six months after the Empire State Building tradegy.
    He flew about 80 missions in WWII over Germany and occupied France, mostly in a B-25 Bomber known as The Tabasco!

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    Nothing but grumpy Buckeyes and hill-jack Kentuckians in my family tree. The history trail goes cold, around the time of the civil war.

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    I am related by illegitimate childhood, on my father's side, to Roberto Cofresi. A Puerto Rican pirate who was executed by firing squad in the early 19th century.

ibIGuessCrimeRunsInYourBloodJokes

This is awesome!!!

I mean that you are related to him, not that they shot him!

Justin Case

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 30, 2012
    Brown County
    On my mother's side:
    Colonel Daniel Boone, 1st cousin 7x removed, born November 2, 1734, American pioneer and frontiersman. Served three terms in the Virginia General Assembly.

Govenor William Bradford III, 1st cousin 5x removed. Arrived on The Mayflower, November 9, 1620. Helped to draft The Mayflower Compact. Was the second Govenor of The Plymouth Colony and served as Govenor for 30 years.

On my father's side:
    Colonel Richard Cocke, 7th Great Grandfather, Immigrated from Yorkshire, England to the Virginia Colony in 1632, Special Envoy of King Charles 1st, Commander Virginia Militia, Member of the House of Burgesses, Henrico Virginia, Bremo Plantation.

Captain John Warde, 8th Great Grandfather, Immigrated from West Riding, Yorkshire, England, arrived Jamestowne, Virginia Colony, April 22,1619. Member of the House of Burgesses.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    I am related by illegitimate childhood, on my father's side, to Roberto Cofresi. A Puerto Rican pirate who was executed by firing squad in the early 19th century.

ibIGuessCrimeRunsInYourBloodJokes
    That's cool. Wish I had a pirate in my ancestry! The best I've got is my Great Grandfather, who was a bootlegger. And I do take no small amount of pride in that one!

Rocket

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Whiteland
    I am related to Davy Crockett, The Huguenots, think French Aristocracy fleeing the revolution to Ireland for a while before they came here, and A cousin of Eric, The Red. My wife, Daniel Boone and the Hatfields.

Miller Tyme

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2010
    Whiskey City, Indiana
    My sister has spent the last 3 years researching our family tree and will present me and my brothers with copies for Christmas. So far she has given us a couple of intresting bits of info till then. One was that my dad was adopted( which none of us knew, but which my dad has confirmed) the other is 2 of our ancestors came from England and sailed on the Mayflower, one of which died during the trip.

Can't wait to see it all in black and white

Top Bottom