• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mr. Habib

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Somewhere else
    WRTV reported last night that Manning was out "indefinitely." The Colts have always been very vague concerning injury and roster issues, especially with their starters. I think that they have known Manning was going to be out for more than one or two games for some time now. With Painter stepping up in the third preseason game, it makes no sense to sign Collins for two years and $14 million if Manning would be back very soon. The interesting thing will be if Manning is done. Having just signed him for five years at $20 million per year, Manning could reek havoc on the Colts salary cap and kill their chances of finding a quality QB for some time.:D

Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Fort Wayne, IN
    He went 8th in my draft at work........

Normally I would pick up Manning in at least one of my leagues, I wouldn't have touched him until the 4th round. He went in the 3rd round in the INGO league, which is better than in most others where he was 2nd round. 8th overall is just someone who is either a die hard Colts fan and doesn't care or just someone who isn't paying attention before the draft.

WRTV reported last night that Manning was out "indefinitely." The Colts have always been very vague concerning injury and roster issues, especially with their starters. I think that they have known Manning was going to be out for more than one or two games for some time now. With Painter stepping up in the third preseason game, it makes no sense to sign Collins for two years and $14 million if Manning would be back very soon. The interesting thing will be if Manning is done. Having just signed him for five years at $20 million per year, Manning could reek havoc on the Colts salary cap and kill their chances of finding a quality QB for some time.:D

Collins at 14 million is not a good value. Granted he is in for 4 million this season against the cap and most likely will be cut before he sees the 10 million for next.

Mad Macs

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 3, 2011
    Plainfield, IN
    Im about as die hard a Colts fan as you will find, long before Manning came around. With that being said, they weren't making the SB with him either.

If they can keep at least half of their starters healthy enough to actually play they will be decent. Once playoffs come around, it's just about who wants it more. The most talented team doesn't necessarily make it all the way.

GREEN607

Master
    Rating - 99%
    99   1   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    INDIANAPOLIS
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Fort Wayne, IN
    If they can keep at least half of their starters healthy enough to actually play they will be decent. Once playoffs come around, it's just about who wants it more. The most talented team doesn't necessarily make it all the way.

Yeah if everyone stays healthy they can be descent, but descent doesn't get you to the SB. They still cant stop the run at all, they have no one to rush the passer when Freeney or Mathis are not on the field, and their secondary is very thin and not that good at corner. They are stout at safety and Powers is an excellent CB, but Lacey and Tryon are not that great as starters and there is no one behind them.

The offensive line is a hodge podge of has beens and bust draft picks. Anyone who doesnt have the ultra fast release and ability to spot and avoid pressure like Peyton would get raped.

The skill positions out side of Wayne are injury prone, especially Collie and Gonzales. Addai is one of the best backs in the game at picking up the rush, he is awesome at that and that is why he is so invaluable to Indy. Donald Brown on the other hand sucks, he isnt a good runner and sucks at picking up the rush. They seem to like the new rookie RB and he did look good in the pre-season.

But all of that is irrelevant because this Manning injury seems to be a lot worse than they were making it out to be.

Manning went 41st overall tonight in our draft...someone decided to take a chance to see what might pan out. If he does get healthy the gamble will pay off.

Yeah he went 31st in the INGO league, I was going to take him if he made it to the 4th round, but too much of a gamble before that imo. Even if he comes back after the first game, its unlikely he is in sync for a few games just like 08. Thats a fourth of the season.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    Yeah if everyone stays healthy they can be descent, but descent doesn't get you to the SB. They still cant stop the run at all, they have no one to rush the passer when Freeney or Mathis are not on the field, and their secondary is very thin and not that good at corner. They are stout at safety and Powers is an excellent CB, but Lacey and Tryon are not that great as starters and there is no one behind them.

The offensive line is a hodge podge of has beens and bust draft picks. Anyone who doesnt have the ultra fast release and ability to spot and avoid pressure like Peyton would get raped.

The skill positions out side of Wayne are injury prone, especially Collie and Gonzales. Addai is one of the best backs in the game at picking up the rush, he is awesome at that and that is why he is so invaluable to Indy. Donald Brown on the other hand sucks, he isnt a good runner and sucks at picking up the rush. They seem to like the new rookie RB and he did look good in the pre-season.

But all of that is irrelevant because this Manning injury seems to be a lot worse than they were making it out to be.

Yeah he went 31st in the INGO league, I was going to take him if he made it to the 4th round, but too much of a gamble before that imo. Even if he comes back after the first game, its unlikely he is in sync for a few games just like 08. Thats a fourth of the season.

I like how when someone that ISN'T a Colts fan talks about their flaws and weaknesses, they're called a troll. For about 2 years, I've been saying some of the exact same stuff but since you don't like what I have to say I HAVE to be a troll...nice to see a couple of you have realized what every other fan of the NFL has seen. The Colts don't try to make the organization better, they draft more busts than anything, and they do not believe in solid back ups.

As far as drafting Manning in any fantasy leagues, I'd never draft him. He throws far too many INTs and this year (he went somewhere 7-11, can't remember in a money league) if you couldn't see some issues coming off a neck surgery dealing with nerves...that would be making a huge HOMER pick. Neck surgeries can easily end a career and thinking that from May until September 11th would be enough time to come back fully healed and strong enough to throw solid passes (many of his before were wounded ducks) is just dumb. Anyone doubting his issues with rehab and arm strength has more than a few issues.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Yes, Manning is going to miss his first start. It will be interesting to see if the team steps up and deals with it, or quits and gives up.

Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I like how when someone that ISN'T a Colts fan talks about their flaws and weaknesses, they're called a troll. For about 2 years, I've been saying some of the exact same stuff but since you don't like what I have to say I HAVE to be a troll...nice to see a couple of you have realized what every other fan of the NFL has seen. The Colts don't try to make the organization better, they draft more busts than anything, and they do not believe in solid back ups.

As far as drafting Manning in any fantasy leagues, I'd never draft him. He throws far too many INTs and this year (he went somewhere 7-11, can't remember in a money league) if you couldn't see some issues coming off a neck surgery dealing with nerves...that would be making a huge HOMER pick. Neck surgeries can easily end a career and thinking that from May until September 11th would be enough time to come back fully healed and strong enough to throw solid passes (many of his before were wounded ducks) is just dumb. Anyone doubting his issues with rehab and arm strength has more than a few issues.
    You can quote me, but I have never called you or any of the other colt bashers a troll. I think the difference is when Colts fans make a thread, the bashers come running to talk smack. So much so that last year you guys had a colts bashing thread.

Top Bottom