Mandatory Notification at traffic stop??

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    How about just not having one to start with. It is a right that is garanteed to us.

Obviously in the case of the 2nd amendment it is not garanteed. You have to have one so we might as well have a good one.

ryanmercer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    Speedway, IN
    I'll always notify, but dad always said it makes officers feel much better if they are told, rather than the firearm presenting itself during the traffic stop. He spent 15-16 years in a marked car, and another 4-5 as a detective before he passed. I'm not going to allow them to search my car (he told me absolutely never to let them) but I will notify if I have a firearm in the vehicle... I really don't want shot by a tired or newbie that catches a glimpse off firearm.

dclaarjr

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Fremont, Ohio
    I want a sp101 but I can't afford one right now... :rolleyes:

Edit: I do tend to open carry btw...

Caleb, Go to gunbroker's site. I just bought an SP101 that is 2 years old, and looks brand new. I only paid $300 for it. It beats the hell out of the $700 price tag when new.

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    Caleb, Go to gunbroker's site. I just bought an SP101 that is 2 years old, and looks brand new. I only paid $300 for it. It beats the hell out of the $700 price tag when new.

how much did it cost you to ship it above the auction ending price?

dclaarjr

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Fremont, Ohio
    I'm not seeing any good deal yet.... :-/

Find the auctions that start low without a reserve. Log in and bid on it and you can do an auto bid that will allow you to declare how much you are willing to pay, but may be able to get it cheaper. It took a few tries before I was able to win an auction for the amount I was able to spend. Just keep trying, you will find something.

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    Find the auctions that start low without a reserve. Log in and bid on it and you can do an auto bid that will allow you to declare how much you are willing to pay, but may be able to get it cheaper. It took a few tries before I was able to win an auction for the amount I was able to spend. Just keep trying, you will find something.

what is considered a good price for these pistols?

munky_3434

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    Brazil, IN
    Free to go? I would, however, recommend that you use Rhino's method if you've got a pound of cocaine in the console. :):

what about a half pound(or whatever is below pwitd:D)

honestly,i have only been pulled over once while carrying, and the first thing did was inform the officer that i was, and where it was. just me

Ri22o

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2008
    Speedway
    After being pulled over in Carmel last summer, I have decided that I am not going to inform them of any more than I need to. When she asked me "Is there any thing in your vehicle I need to worry about?" My response should have been "no" because technically, that was the truth. Then the back up officer that was on the passenger side was giving us the Spanish Inquisition about why we were up there. What does it matter? I'm sorry that I don't drive a Lexus, BMW, or Infiniti but I do have a job and we do regularly work in your town, dick. 99% of Carmel cops are assholes.(no offense to anyone on here that may be an officer in Carmel and that is not an *******.)

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Bloomington
    CarmelHP isn't an *******. Be careful before you get a dog pile on yourselves. I made a similar statement a while back and realized I was being an ass to a lot of good people on this forum.

Now go clean your room before supper.

Ri22o

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2008
    Speedway
    CarmelHP isn't an *******. Be careful before you get a dog pile on yourselves. I made a similar statement a while back and realized I was being an ass to a lot of good people on this forum.
    I understand this, and that's why I left the disclaimer at the end. I also said 99%, which if my math is correct, leaves 1% for everyone else. That 1% means that the 99% is not all inclusive.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    If we're going to be picky, maybe we should say that "99% of people from Carmel are a** holes, and 99% of cops in Carmel are Nazi-like a**holes." :D

Just trying to help. I'd never say such a thing on my own. Heck, I probably wouldn't even think it. Much. :whistle:

Ri22o

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2008
    Speedway
    If we're going to be picky, maybe we should say that "99% of people from Carmel are a** holes, and 99% of cops in Carmel are Nazi-like a**holes." :D

Just trying to help. I'd never say such a thing on my own. Heck, I probably wouldn't even think it. Much. :whistle:
    :):

Top Bottom