Mandated vaccines or weekly testing for employers of 100+ people.......

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Why did he not say stone her? Who's law would he have broken?
    Why did he not say let her go? Who's law would he have broken?

Who was he saying it to at least you know that? It's a simple Sunday school lesson surely you know.

You want to quote the Bible yet you don't believe in it, and or have knowledge of that which you quote. Now you have been exposed so you deflect.

Maybe stop using quotes from the Bible you do not understand.
    Maybe you should stop blowing things out of proportion.

"Man offended by internet comment". Puhleeze

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Maybe you should stop blowing things out of proportion.

"Man offended by internet comment". Puhleeze
    I'll tell you since you don't know.

Reason he did not say stone her is that it was against Roman law for Jews to use capital punishment.

Reason he did not say let her go was because it was against the laws of Moses.

However, there are reasons he said what he said. According to the laws given to Moses both were to be put to death for adultery. Where was the male who was caught with her?

This was a set up to get Christ into trouble with the Roman's or with the Jews. The answer he gave could not offend any law, and this attempt to destroy Christ failed.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    I don't know how old you are, but I bet I read John 8 before you were born, laddie,

1 but Jesus went to the Mount of Olives.

2 At dawn he appeared again in the temple courts, where all the people gathered around him, and he sat down to teach them.
    3 The teachers of the law and the Pharisees brought in a woman caught in adultery. They made her stand before the group 4 and said to Jesus, “Teacher, this woman was caught in the act of adultery. 5 In the Law Moses commanded us to stone such women. Now what do you say?” 6 They were using this question as a trap, in order to have a basis for accusing him.

But Jesus bent down and started to write on the ground with his finger.
    7 When they kept on questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, “Let any one of you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her.” 8 Again he stooped down and wrote on the ground.

9 At this, those who heard began to go away one at a time, the older ones first, until only Jesus was left, with the woman still standing there.
    10 Jesus straightened up and asked her, “Woman, where are they? Has no one condemned you?”

11 “No one, sir,” she said.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I don't know how old you are, but I bet I read John 8 before you were born, laddie,
    Duh and I gave you the explanation of why it was said. You took it way out of context just like I bet you use judge not out of context, or know or understand why it was used.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    @Alpo

What Christ did do was expose the Jewish leadership of their inconsistencies in judgment. This also could show that many of her accusers had committed adultery and could not cast the first stone.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Duh and I gave you the explanation of why it was said. You took it way out of context just like I bet you use judge not out of context or know or understand why it was used.

5ind8q.jpg

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    As long as the leftist tactic of using Biblical quotes out of context is left out probably C.
    I don’t think he was really using it out of context, per se. He was just saying don’t cast the first stone, while showing there’s definitely crazies on both sides of the aisle. I don’t think he meant it to be taken so deep. I’m a Christian, but i don’t let Bible verses used for political conjecture irk me. Me and alpo have talked religion before, he’s well versed in the Bible and doesn’t believe, so I respect that and leave it at that. Not to mention, every thread evolves into a religious debate for some reason, so I don’t argue religion.

Politicians use ANYTHING they can as a tool to push their agenda. Even religious politicians do it. Don’t mix politics and religion, and don’t treat politics like a religion, and the world will be a better place for all of us.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    I wouldn't say "I don't believe". What I do think is that all the yahoos who make stuff up today when reporting "facts" aren't all that different than folks 2000 years ago who made up facts or used their writings for personal aggrandisement (e.g. Cicero).

What would the history of Ronald Reagan look like if written today (by those who weren't alive in 1988) based solely on oral testimony?

Agnostic is a better description of where I stand.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom