• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bastispah

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2009
    Morristown IN
    Its a shame that more people don't want to become police officers,then the departments could be more picky(and do psych evals) But as it is they are often left scraping the bottom of the barrel. I'm not bashing on all LEO's like everything there are good and bad. It's just a shame they don't/can't screen better. oh, and that hummer was taxpayer money well spent(sarcasm) Just my:twocents:.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    There was a time in this country when a cop being pelted with snowballs would have resulted in an escalation of the snowball fight. The cop would have gotten out and thrown snowballs back. Sadly, those days are long gone.

Dryden

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2009
    N.E. Indianapolis
    There was a time in this country when a cop being pelted with snowballs would have resulted in an escalation of the snowball fight. The cop would have gotten out and thrown snowballs back. Sadly, those days are long gone.

The trauma of being in a snowball fight will haunt him forever. I recommend counciling and time off with pay. Older officers may want to offer their assistance in his recovery. Moving to Florida is strongly advised.

We'll never know how it feels until we've walked a mile in his mucklucks.:cool:

james e

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 6, 2008
    snowball fight

after seeing the video,the man should be fired.if it was some one else they would have been arrested.:dunno:

iamaclone45

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    Indiana
    I don't agree that this Detective should have withdrawn his weapon from his holster and he should be punished accordingly; but if you do some research you will find that the majority of this crowd was largely full of left wing/anarchist types and young civilians carrying various anti-war and anti-capitalism signs.

I do agree that the crowd escalated to a public nuisance when vehicle starting getting pelted with snow balls. What would have happened had a driver been startled and accidentally run someone over?

Also, if you watch some of the other videos related to the incident you will find that the majority of this crowd has no respect for authority and can be heard yelling "F*** you pig" several times.

My guess is these kids were looking to cause a scene and they happened to get really lucky by finding a short fused officer. Once again, I think the detective should be punished and he was out of line by drawing his weapon but it's not like it wasn't totally unprovoked.

scheesman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2009
    Indy
    Several conflicting reports as to who had a gun and what the cop had in his hand. It will be interesting to see the actual outcome. But yeah...if he was waving a weapon around over that...he might want to cut back on the caffeine. :twocents:
    Sure looks like a gun to me...

IMG_1718.jpg

samot

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2009
    Your mamas house
    Seems i had a post deleted the other day for saying the Rollers do what ever they want.... Thats a pretty cut & dry deal there..
    Not anly should he be fired, with jail time, but , removal of any & all firearms he has on him & in his home just like what would happen to us (civilians) if we would have done such a thing. Not to mention the officers that arrived at the scene should be repromanded as well, they did not do thier job. They should have immeadiatly disarmd the phsyco cop & cuffed him & put him in the back of a crusier while they questioned the 100s of witnesses on what happened. Instead, they let him run around grabbing people up slamming them around. This is total BS :patriot::noway:

samot

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2009
    Your mamas house
    the majority of this crowd was largely full of left wing/anarchist types and young civilians carrying various anti-war and anti-capitalism signs.

So that gives him reason for his actions? this is the USA im pretty sure its legal to be an "anarchist & wear capitalism signs

Also, if you watch some of the other videos related to the incident you will find that the majority of this crowd has no respect for authority and can be heard yelling "F*** you pig" several times.

Still not against the law

scheesman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2009
    Indy
    I think a lot of people are overreacting. It's clear he thought he'd stumbled onto a high-volume crack cocaine dealer network and was trying to protect and serve.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I don't agree that this Detective should have withdrawn his weapon from his holster and he should be punished accordingly; but if you do some research you will find that the majority of this crowd was largely full of left wing/anarchist types and young civilians carrying various anti-war and anti-capitalism signs. Wow! Really? You caught all that in the video! Man you're good. I saw no anti-anything signs in the video... Nice try though.

I do agree that the crowd escalated to a public nuisance when vehicle starting getting pelted with snow balls. What would have happened had a driver been startled and accidentally run someone over? And what would have happened if the moon fell from the sky and landed on my house? :dunno:

Also, if you watch some of the other videos related to the incident you will find that the majority of this crowd has no respect for authority and can be heard yelling "F*** you pig" several times. So they were calling HIM what he was. Big deal. I'm not saying all cops are pigs, but one's like this douche bag are because they give the rest a bad name.

My guess is these kids were looking to cause a scene and they happened to get really lucky by finding a short fused officer. Once again, I think the detective should be punished and he was out of line by drawing his weapon but it's not like it wasn't totally unprovoked.

Yea, they WERE trying to cause a scene and they did a good job of it. Until this douche got out waving his gun around and threatening people. :rolleyes: I thought that was the whole point of a snowball fight? So what if a snowball hits a car passing by? Big deal. IT'S SNOW!!!! CRY ABOUT IT! Or jump out and wave your gun around! :):

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    I don't agree that this Detective should have withdrawn his weapon from his holster and he should be punished accordingly; but if you do some research you will find that the majority of this crowd was largely full of left wing/anarchist types and young civilians carrying various anti-war and anti-capitalism signs.

I do agree that the crowd escalated to a public nuisance when vehicle starting getting pelted with snow balls. What would have happened had a driver been startled and accidentally run someone over?

Could you provide links to your sources? I've watched 3 different versions of the events and there were no signs, whatsoever. As for calling him what they did, big deal. That doesn't rise to the level of a crime in any jurisdiction and seemed to be reasonably descriptive in this case.

scheesman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2009
    Indy
    Could you provide links to your sources? I've watched 3 different versions of the events and there were no signs, whatsoever. As for calling him what they did, big deal. That doesn't rise to the level of a crime in any jurisdiction and seemed to be reasonably descriptive in this case.
    Don't you love it when proponents of the 2nd amendment complain about someone exercising their 1st amendment rights?

xamsx

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    NW
    It takes a bigger idiot to pull a gun on ANYONE over a snowball.

This cop needs to go to jail! End of story. The video speaks for itself.

:yesway:

I thought I saw it all..... until now.

A snowball hits a Hummer and the driver gets out with a gun drawn. He then procedes to threaten multiple citizens with the gun. As backup arrives, he gets more courage and starts to go after individuals in the crowd. He drags one man up to his Hummer and begins to arrest him as his partners watch in disbelief. None of the other officers try to calm him down or rationalize with him..... he's out of control while in full view of dozens of witnesses with cameras.

Good thing it wasn't two gangs shooting it out in the streets. He would have just driven by.

When does the review board begin it's investigation and termination?:n00b:

Originally Posted by iamaclone45
    I don't agree that this Detective should have withdrawn his weapon from his holster and he should be punished accordingly; but if you do some research you will find that the majority of this crowd was largely full of left wing/anarchist types and young civilians carrying various anti-war and anti-capitalism signs. Wow! Really? You caught all that in the video! Man you're good. I saw no anti-anything signs in the video... Nice try though.

I do agree that the crowd escalated to a public nuisance when vehicle starting getting pelted with snow balls. What would have happened had a driver been startled and accidentally run someone over? And what would have happened if the moon fell from the sky and landed on my house? :dunno:

Also, if you watch some of the other videos related to the incident you will find that the majority of this crowd has no respect for authority and can be heard yelling "F*** you pig" several times. So they were calling HIM what he was. Big deal. I'm not saying all cops are pigs, but one's like this douche bag are because they give the rest a bad name.

-----

Yea, they WERE trying to cause a scene and they did a good job of it. Until this douche got out waving his gun around and threatening people. :rolleyes: I thought that was the whole point of a snowball fight? So what if a snowball hits a car passing by? Big deal. IT'S SNOW!!!! CRY ABOUT IT! Or jump out and wave your gun around! :):

Yeah, the video really does speak for itself and it's just stupid to try and rationalize/defend the detectives actions, as far as I'm concerned.

One of my favorite lines from the video was something along the lines of: "Yeah, it's snow! What? Are you gunna shoot the sky?!" :laugh:

samot

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2009
    Your mamas house
    I can hear it now. Hes going to say he was in fear of his life do to the sheer number of people, so he thought he would wave his gun around to let them all know he was a cop :draw:

Dryden

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2009
    N.E. Indianapolis
    I think the Detective was just furious with all the Global Warming piling up on the streets. He obviously took offense to the accumulation of hazardous materials that was recently banned in Copenhagen.

He is truly a Green Warrior.:patriot:

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008

Yea, that seems to be a common theme around here...

I think the Detective was just furious with all the Global Warming piling up on the streets. He obviously took offense to the accumulation of hazardous materials that was recently banned in Copenhagen.

I would so love to rep you for that, but alas, the non-broken rep system will not allow such things...

Phil502

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    NW Indiana
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dryden

I would so love to rep you for that, but alas, the non-broken rep system will not allow such things...

I got him for you. Come to think of it I hit a Chicago detective with a snowball once when I was in kid, he said his window was down and I hit him in the head. He chased me down, I slipped in the alley on ice and he nabbed me, he asked me where I live, called me a #$%& and let me go. I guess I owe him one, for not executing me in the alley or telling my parents.

Top Bottom