• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Now it seems to me that the media has started to propagandize on these events in addition to the fact that they already capitalize on these street thug animals killing each other and innocent bystanders daily around the country.

No need to propangandize. Gun owners shoot innocents all the time. It's a big country you can always find examples of stupidity from coast to coast. Heck, look at INGO. We have people arguing that it is perfectly acceptable to point guns at others.

The focus needs to be on training the gun culture. How do you teach people that it is not OK to point guns at others? How do we teach our own side that guns can discharge upon being dropped?

Changes to the tax code is the most effective way. Make gun training an above the line tax deduction.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Make gun training an above the line tax deduction.

There are many things that this solution would fix. Health care insurance for one.

Now back to our sponsor. Quit coonfingering, always use a good holster and yes the four rules always apply.

Sling10mm

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2012
    No need to propangandize. Gun owners shoot innocents all the time. It's a big country you can always find examples of stupidity from coast to coast. Heck, look at INGO. We have people arguing that it is perfectly acceptable to point guns at others.

The focus needs to be on training the gun culture. How do you teach people that it is not OK to point guns at others? How do we teach our own side that guns can discharge upon being dropped?

Changes to the tax code is the most effective way. Make gun training an above the line tax deduction.

Totally agree, all great points. I like the idea of providing incentives for training, rather than making it requisite, and as "responsible gun owners" we should encourage the same behavior in others whenever the opportunity arises. One of the great things about forums such as this.

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Pills, booze, fear, and coonfingering a handgun. It was inevitable. Glad the family took appropriate action. I will be pleased if this gentleman is banned from owning a handgun in future. I would not object to him owning a long gun, as long as he left it at home when he goes out for beer/pizza and a movie.

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    If he was worried he sat in the wrong place. The rare times I go to a movie I always get the seat with a concrete wall in front of me. True cover that would stop a bullet, easy escape without crawling over people or seats, no one in front of me to block my view or accidentally shoot.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    If he was worried he sat in the wrong place. The rare times I go to a movie I always get the seat with a concrete wall in front of me. True cover that would stop a bullet, easy escape without crawling over people or seats, no one in front of me to block my view or accidentally shoot.

Have not been to a movie theater in many years, I wasn't aware they had bunkers.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    We usually try to get there early enough to sit in the back row, so I can keep an eye on everyone. The theaters aren't that big any more so back row is pretty close to mid theater back in the very old days.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Of all the times I carry in the theatre, which is every single time, I've never shot someone. Need more Xanax.

Top Bottom