• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Eulogy32

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    Carmel, Indiana
    Someone emailed this to me and it gave me a good chuckle. It's part of the Darwin Awards series online.

"After walking around a marked police patrol car parked at the front door, a
    man walked into H&J Leather & Firearms intent on robbing the store. The shop
    was full of customers and a uniformed officer was standing at the counter.
    Upon seeing the officer, the would-be robber announced a hold-up and fired a
    few wild shots from a target pistol. The officer and a clerk promptly
    returned fire and several customers also drew their guns and fired. The
    robber was pronounced dead at the scene by Paramedics. Crime scene
    investigators located 47 expended cartridge cases in the shop. The
    subsequent autopsy revealed 23 gunshot wounds. Ballistics identified rounds
    from 7 different weapons. No one else was hurt."

+1 to the idiot for providing free range time :ar15:

davidparrish60

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 6, 2010
    Galveston, IN
    i heard about it... stupidest thing i've ever heard. seen someone on world's dumbest he walked in to what he thought was a high end shop with rolexes and diamonds, and it was a pawn shop that sold guns everyone employed there carried... real wise move...

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Sounds more like the guy wanted to die than he was just stupid.

"Upon seeing the officer, the would-be robber announced a hold-up and fired a few wild shots from a target pistol".

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Glad the customers were able to help defend themselves. I got yelled at by a gunstore owner yesterday for carrying my gun in his store. To be fair, I did ignore the sign on the door. He informed me that HE was the only one fit to carry a loaded gun in his store.

His store, his rules, but it's a bit of a bummer for me. I try to avoid anti-gun establishments, and this is the only real gun store in Crawfordsville.

baldguy637

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Montgomery County
    I got yelled at by a gunstore owner yesterday for carrying my gun in his store. To be fair, I did ignore the sign on the door. He informed me that HE was the only one fit to carry a loaded gun in his store.

His store, his rules, but it's a bit of a bummer for me. I try to avoid anti-gun establishments, and this is the only real gun store in Crawfordsville.

I got the same speach a few months ago in that store. When i walked in, their was a man talking to the owner . The man was OCing a beretta 92 while i was OCing my CDP. He told me the same thing and asked me to put the gun in my vehicle. When i asked why others were allowed to OC, the owner stated that he knew the man and trusted him. :n00b:

I did go out and place my gun in the truck in order to get a price on a rifle i was considering ordering. While he was looking it up, he went on to tell me how Kimbers were "over priced and over rated". While in their i also asked if he did trigger jobs on rifles, he stated that he didn't because "his" idea of a good trigger was too dangerous for the average man.

I really hoped that his business would do well when he moved it. But with that kind of service i don't see it lasting.

I left without buying a thing and haven't been back since. I made a trip to the next 1500 and bought the rifle.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    I got the same speach a few months ago in that store. When i walked in, their was a man talking to the owner . The man was OCing a beretta 92 while i was OCing my CDP. He told me the same thing and asked me to put the gun in my vehicle. When i asked why others were allowed to OC, the owner stated that he knew the man and trusted him. :n00b:

I did go out and place my gun in the truck in order to get a price on a rifle i was considering ordering. While he was looking it up, he went on to tell me how Kimbers were "over priced and over rated". While in their i also asked if he did trigger jobs on rifles, he stated that he didn't because "his" idea of a good trigger was too dangerous for the average man.

I really hoped that his business would do well when he moved it. But with that kind of service i don't see it lasting.

I left without buying a thing and haven't been back since. I made a trip to the next 1500 and bought the rifle.

Think of it as "Evolution in Action" for businesses...

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Upon initially reading it I thought "yeah right, nobody is that stupid". But after reading on Snopes that it was true a tear of joy ran down my cheek.

Bad guy-zero-, Good guys-several-!

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Glad the customers were able to help defend themselves. I got yelled at by a gunstore owner yesterday for carrying my gun in his store. To be fair, I did ignore the sign on the door. He informed me that HE was the only one fit to carry a loaded gun in his store.

Sorry guys I would take my business elsewhere. There is a local gunshop that I frequent and absolutely love. But one of the people that works there is "crabby". Every time I recommend the place to one of my friends they leave and basically decide not to go back. Gun store owners need to remember that they are in sales and part of the purchasing decision is the experience.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Sounds more like the guy wanted to die than he was just stupid.

"Upon seeing the officer, the would-be robber announced a hold-up and fired a few wild shots from a target pistol".

Suicide by cop. My first thought.

Top Bottom