• ...and so much more!
  • Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Did you hear:

1 critically injured in shooting at Don's Guns

Mr. Patrick Martin, 42, of Camby died of his wound.

Pat went to the University of Southern Indiana.
    I went to the University of Southern Indiana.

One of Pat's first jobs was with the Geotechnical Drilling section of INDOT.
    My first job was with the Geotechnical Drilling section of INDOT.

Pat left INDOT to work for Patriot Engineering.
    I left INDOT to work for Patriot Engineering...

From what I know, everyone who knew Pat liked him.

While I didn't know him very well at all, I did do some work for him while I was at Patriot. We didn't overlap much as he was in the civil engineering "side" of the company and I was in the environmental engineering side. But, at times due to my geotechnical geology experience, I assisted Pat on some of his projects.

What a fun way to start a Wednesday...finding out that the guy from Don's is a guy that you knew.

-J-

christman

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 27, 2010
    Terra Haute
    So did it say if it was intentional yet? You'd think they would have to have camera's in that "rentable" gun range, to ensure their products aren't getting stolen/misused. Should be pretty easy to tell if it was intentional or not if that is the case.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Pat leaves behind a wife and two kids.

[FONT=&quot]Patrick Edward Martin, 42, of Camby, IN, died on June 28, 2010. He was born on May 15, 1968 in Havana,IL to George E. and Eileen B. (Mumford) Martin of Evansville,IN. He graduated from Central High School in Evansville, IN in 1986. He went on to earn his Bachelor's Degree in Geology from the University of Southern Indiana. He married Alison L. (Burton) Martin on January 19, 1991 and she survives. For the past 12 years, he was a Geologist for Patriot Engineering in Indianapolis, IN. He was a member of North Park Baptist Church in Evansville, IN. He earned his Eagle Scout Ranking. He has lived in Camby, IN since 1999 and Evansville, IN for 14 years.

He is survived by his wife: Alison Martin of Camby, IN; 2 Children: Damon Patrick and Paige Elizabeth Martin of Camby, IN; Parents: George & Eileen Martin of Evansville, IN; 4 Sisters: Lyndall K. Snowden of Vermont, IL, Cheryl R. Sprague of Auburn, IL, Valerie F. Spiller of Campbell Hill, IL and Jennifer L. Martin of Evansville, IN.

Visitation will be from 4-8pm, Thursday, July 1, 2010 and 9-10am, Friday, July 2, 2010 at Jones Crossing Banquet Center, next door to Jones Family Mortuary. Rev. Arthur Christmas will officiate the 10am Funeral Service on Friday, July 2, 2010 at Jones Crossing Banquet Center. Burial will be in West Newton Cemetery. In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions can be made to the Martin Children college fund,c/o Alison Martin[/FONT]

flyinlow78

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Very sad, especially that he left others behind. I'd really be curious what happened, an accidental discharge is about the only thing I can think of.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    I hope it was an accident, too.

If only for the insurance benefits for Mrs. Martin & family.

Pretty sure that Don's has surveillance tapes. If so, IMPD will be sure to review them.

It just. plain. sucks. His poor family. :-(

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    I googled this the last night and i forget which site i found it on, but I read somewhere he used a bersa 9mm. I am not 100% certain but I do not think that the cameras are inside the range or would be able to see inside the range... And on a side note... Seriously, can cell phones jam their surveillance system? Seems like a crock of poo to me.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    he probly got took to the cleaners for child support. poor guy probly couldnt afford the gun to off himself with so he had to rent one.

i have no sypathy for cowards who kill themselves on purpose. my only sympathy is with his family & friends

Last edited:

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    He is a few years older than me but I went to Central High school for one year in Evansville and USI for a year too.

7orelevn

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 12, 2009
    Greenwood
    he probly got took to the cleaners for child support. poor guy probly couldnt afford the gun to off himself with so he had to rent one.

i have no sypathy for cowards who kill themselves on purpose. my only sympathy is with his family & friends

E5 Ranger that is harsh words for a man, and incident that you have no true idea what happened. I pray for the man's family and hope they can have peace.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East

E5 Ranger that is harsh words for a man, and incident that you have no true idea what happened. I pray for the man's family and hope they can have peace.

your right, harsh words but what i believe. im simply saying, if he did commit suicide then shame on him, and my condollences for his family and friends. I had a very dear friend commit suicide and i cant describe the anger I had afterwards because I was there to help him through it and he knew that. My friend chose the cowards way out. anytime someone commits suicide, its done and over for them. they leave all their messes for someone else they loved to clean up. not fair. the family is the ones who hurt the most. how could a man do that to his kids?
    if thats what happened. if he didnt do it intentionaly then my comments are void.
    plus why go out at dons? what a crap hole

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Wow, I remember the employee who took a round (to the elbow?) a few years back from an AK (IIRC) that he was trying to take from a customer. I never did hear if the employee lost a limb in the end.

Maybe one of the old-timers here knows.

Not a range I am comfortable at, but that is not determinative either.

Prayers for his family and his soul.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008

Perhaps you should train yourself to think and evaluate before posting.

Pat and his wife (his first and only wife) were still married when this happened.

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    anyone surprised to know that Don's Gun range is open business as usual? Passing thru the area and decided to brave it and go in and see this "huge sale". American Classic 1911's $599.99. i may have one, i love it, but if i were paying 600 bucks... i think i would have something that says Kimber or would have saved and bought a Kimber...

Top Bottom