• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    How do you even do that? Did he drop it and grab for a falling gun?

I can see sitting down on the couch and popping yourself in the leg or hand but how do you get the muzzle aimed at your chest??

1. He Malloyed himself.

2. He wanted to look down the barrel and "inspect it". So rather than take the bolt out and look down the breech end, or disassemble the weapon, he shot himself.

3. He was flipping it around like they do at the gun shows (like raccoons with apples) "coonfingering" and shot himself.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner

vvet762

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    What a shame. It's so easy to get complacent after you are around guns for awhile. We shouldn't make light of people who are hurt with guns even the gangbangers. I'm new enough again with guns that it's easy to concentrate on the safety part of this hobby but after awhile I'm sure that it will become old hat and will forget the four rules. I know I did in the service.

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Mishawaka
    Drop the mag and open the slide before handing it over first and foremost. Too bad to hear someone got complacent with a dangerous tool. As with any tool, always remember how it operates and while this sounds basic, it is not.

Prayers to the family and hopefully over time the hurt will start to heal although i'm sure never completely. Sad....

I can't imagine the panic at the scene and all the emotions that were going on. Scary stuff...

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I feel very sorry for the family. But I also thought about what it would feel like to be there to buy a gun and watch some guy off himself. Holy crap!

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    A fair handful of INGOers think the four rules don't apply to them. They argue semantics and use terminology such as "safety Nazi's." I hope it's not one of them.

Top Bottom