• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • finity

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    Auburn
    As far as the many comments about a "private" polling place being able to prevent you from carrying:

The only thing that a private property owner can do is to ask you to leave (for whatever reason). If you refuse, you can be arrested for trespassing.

Since trespassing isn't a felony, the law barring arresting someone going to or from a polling place except for the commission of a felony (which trespassing is NOT) should prevent you from being arrested for trespasssing.

I know some think it sucks but when you open your doors to esentially free access by the public, especially for such a PUBLIC activity as VOTING then you give up some of your property Rights. If you don't like it then don't VOLUNTEER to let your place be used as a polling place. If you do VOLUNTEER then get over it when someone does something you don't agree with.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    As far as the many comments about a "private" polling place being able to prevent you from carrying:

The only thing that a private property owner can do is to ask you to leave (for whatever reason). If you refuse, you can be arrested for trespassing.

Since trespassing isn't a felony, the law barring arresting someone going to or from a polling place except for the commission of a felony (which trespassing is NOT) should prevent you from being arrested for trespasssing.

I know some think it sucks but when you open your doors to esentially free access by the public, especially for such a PUBLIC activity as VOTING then you give up some of your property Rights. If you don't like it then don't VOLUNTEER to let your place be used as a polling place. If you do VOLUNTEER then get over it when someone does something you don't agree with.
    I think, if you do some digging you will find that if you open your property for a Polling Location you pretty give up the ability to refuse anyone entry on the day of Polling... :popcorn:

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Looking forward to someone posting an AAR about how the breakfast went.

I'm not from the area but would've liked to come out and shown some support.

LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    The breakfast went off without issue. About a dozen of us walked in together. They decided not to sell tickets (might have known of our plan to buy them and then give them away) and instead, took donations at the door.

We walked in as a group of about 15. All of us OC. We donated a big chunk and went to the line for chow. A BUNCH of raised eyebrows amongst the firefighters for sure. Nothing was said, however.

The general public was blissfully unaware (as usual) but a few did take notice. The ex-LEO and volunteer firefighter that turned away Clay at the polls was there. He didn't look like he was very pleased.

Joe Ruiz (Libertarian candidate for 2nd district rep) was there with us. Hats off to Joe! Pretty ballsy of him and his attendance was appreciated. Thanks, Joe! One of his staff was video taping it and one firefighter (I think it was the poll general Clay met on election day) made a point of telling him not to video the general public. That was the only thing that happend.

I was there for an hour or so but many were still there when I left. Others filtered in so I estimate the total OC attendance to be about 20 by the time I left.

I made a point to personally thank each firefighter for the breakfast and their service to the community on the way out. All said, it was a positive experience and I'm thankful I was able to attend.

I know, I know :postpics:

sbikaw.jpg

I hope someone else will come along to add their perspective soon.

Stocks

Last edited:

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Nice report! :yesway: I'm glad it was a good turnout and nobody freaked out. There was only one thing left out. How were the pancakes?

LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Good call :D Anyway, Like jeremy say's Big Thanks to you and everyone else for being good stewards of the 2A and showing up to support Clay. :yesway:

Thanks for the kudos but they belong to Clay. He stood up for all of us that day at the polls. I didn't see any way to NOT go and support him. This young man's rights were trampled on by several layers of government. Guy has to be licking his chops on this one.

The crimes comitted are so blatant it's mind boggling. My fear is that the mini Chicago democrat machine we suffer under here in South Bend will prevail somehow. :xmad:

Hammerhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Bartholomew County
    Not to video the general public? Really? Care to trample on more rights? Wow, those guys are clueless. How hard are they going to have to get stomped (figuratively) before they realize they can't make up things?

TaunTaun

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    Not to video the general public? Really? Care to trample on more rights? Wow, those guys are clueless. How hard are they going to have to get stomped (figuratively) before they realize they can't make up things?

Did anyone think to ask them what Indiana Code they were gonna cite for that one?

Top Bottom