• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Suicide by cop. The male cop did everything right. The female could have potentially gotten him killed by freezing. I also noted that neither reloaded. I don't think the male officer had any idea how many rounds were in the gun. Do LEO practice reloading once the threat stops?​

Threat stopped or is he playing possum? Is he down for good or will he get up like a bunch of people who have been shot?

Call it the "wolf is on my leg syndrome". I wouldn't muck with the club that just saved me. I may have to hit the wolf with the club again.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Looked like she likely had the first view of it but I think they both reacted and performed accordingly.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    you had the luxury of two videos and hindsight without the knowledge of their policy to come to that conclusion...and if he had pulled the gun there then the shooting would have likely happened in the bathroom...
    I don't see where I came to any conclusions, I simply asked a question. Yes, I don't have first hand knowledge of police protocol or policy for an incident in that nature or environment. I was trying to understand the police officers' thought process, that was all. Thanks for answering my hypothetical question :D.

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Thanks for sharing and for the commentary. Much has already been said about the good work by the officers, etc. and I echo that.

Something that I saw as I watched the video a number of times is how much the laser jumps around. This is not a critical statement of either shooter, but rather a good indicator of just how much the gun can and will move in a very dynamic situation. While we all think we can put all rounds in a softball size group center of mass, the reality is that is probably a lot tougher to do in a real gun fight. It may also be a good reminder that quantity of available rounds in the gun can be very important, both from an initial engagement, and as other have stated, if the threat is not completely eliminated upon the first engagement.

It was clear they obviously made some critical hits that incapacitated the individual. It would be interesting to see the coroner's report to see the final shot placements.

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Threat stopped or is he playing possum? Is he down for good or will he get up like a bunch of people who have been shot?

Call it the "wolf is on my leg syndrome". I wouldn't muck with the club that just saved me. I may have to hit the wolf with the club again.

Interesting thought. I wonder if the fact that the slide was still in battery that he assumed he had more rounds? He kept the target covered while his partner secured the weapon. Perhaps after the clip both take turns reloading and covering.

SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    Thanks for sharing and for the commentary. Much has already been said about the good work by the officers, etc. and I echo that.

Something that I saw as I watched the video a number of times is how much the laser jumps around. This is not a critical statement of either shooter, but rather a good indicator of just how much the gun can and will move in a very dynamic situation. While we all think we can put all rounds in a softball size group center of mass, the reality is that is probably a lot tougher to do in a real gun fight. It may also be a good reminder that quantity of available rounds in the gun can be very important, both from an initial engagement, and as other have stated, if the threat is not completely eliminated upon the first engagement.

It was clear they obviously made some critical hits that incapacitated the individual. It would be interesting to see the coroner's report to see the final shot placements.

It has been said that a lazer will slow your shots as you will chase the lazer around to get it back on target where as with night sights it appears you are on target and make faster follow up shots, practice practice practice and all in what works for you.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    It has been said that a lazer will slow your shots as you will chase the lazer around to get it back on target where as with night sights it appears you are on target and make faster follow up shots, practice practice practice and all in what works for you.

Their shots didn't seem very slow to me.

I'm glad the officers are okay. And I'm sorry they went though that experience.

SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    Their shots didn't seem very slow to me.

I'm glad the officers are okay. And I'm sorry they went though that experience.

Absolutely, the male cop was badass! I was speaking in a general form, something for someone to give a try sometime.

I will go out on a limb and say if you asked that cop that he was not using the lazer to fire.

I could only hope to clear a level 3 holster and have that many COM shots that he did that fast and I think I am quick, respect!

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Absolutely, the male cop was badass! I was speaking in a general form, something for someone to give a try sometime.

I will go out on a limb and say if you asked that cop that he was not using the lazer to fire.

I could only hope to clear a level 3 holster and have that many COM shots that he did that fast and I think I am quick, respect!

Exactly...he definitely was well trained and knew his weapon well.

I took a low light class with ACT a few years ago and a shooter was experimenting with a laser sight. He did spend a lot of time trying to get the laser to settle (which is pretty tough to do) vs. finding the front sight and pressing the trigger like you would in daylight. That helped me make my mind up that night sights + a weapon light were the best combination for me personally.

Top Bottom