• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Sounds strange, huh? But, in many, (if not most) states this guy would be behind bars for shooting an "Only One". It does serve to point out, tho, that Indiana's regs in regards to out of uniform stops make a lot of sense. If the law was obeyed in Indiana the same thing should result. Fortunately, a bunch of this guys friends didn't descend on the man and the prosecutor decided to side with the defendant. He was one lucky guy.

Man won’t be charged for shooting officer

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    WOW!! thats a wild story with good news. The idiot got what he deserved and the good guy didnt get prosecuted. Act like an idiot get shot like an idiot. obviously the 60 something year old man was a better shot too, lol. said the off duty cop returned fire but didnt hit crap. lol. expected.

what would you be thinking following someone home after chasing them in your pickup truck? He simply wasnt. Im glad he didnt die, but i am also glad he got a taste of good ole American medicine.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    Good, sounds like Arkansas has at least something going for it. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say there was a lot more to the story than what that article said. Hopefully the older guy and his wife are done with this situation, but I have a feeling they will probably deal with this cop again.

downzero

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2010
    When did they start calling security guards for a gated community a police officer?

I know of gated communities that are incorporated municipalities, complete with a local government and a police department.

I don't know anything about this particular one, but the story makes it sound like that's what we have here.

MinuteManMike

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 28, 2008
    Lawrence, IN
    Too bad the old man wasn't a better shot. One less criminal roaming our streets is always a good thing.

Note, however: Oliver also noted Ensminger wouldn’t be charged because he “acted with the belief he was justified under the color of the law.”

Nice little catch-all phrase for criminal activity committed by scumbag cops.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Cop exercised some pretty crappy judgement. He's received a rather painful lesson on the subject!

MinuteManMike

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 28, 2008
    Lawrence, IN
    Funny... I get a negative rep for stating my opinion here.

Let's analyze this, shall we?

A psychotic punk shoots at an innocent person and gets shot in return. Were this anyone BUT a cop, no one would ever think twice of my posting what I did.

But because some idiot gave this psycho a badge... now I'm wrong?

Not quite. Neg me all you want. Have fun!

The sooner you folks stop worshiping at the altar of PD, the better. These folks aren't our betters or our masters.

And your submissive attitudes get us more innocents beaten and murdered by these gangs of thugs writ large.

Greatestsin

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    Morgan Township, NWI
    Funny... I get a negative rep for stating my opinion here.

Let's analyze this, shall we?

A psychotic punk shoots at an innocent person and gets shot in return. Were this anyone BUT a cop, no one would ever think twice of my posting what I did.

But because some idiot gave this psycho a badge... now I'm wrong?

Not quite. Neg me all you want. Have fun!

The sooner you folks stop worshiping at the altar of PD, the better. These folks aren't our betters or our masters.

And your submissive attitudes get us more innocents beaten and murdered by these gangs of thugs writ large.

Most cops AREN'T this dumb. Hence why most, well, DON'T make the news.

The only ones that really make the news are the ones who do stupid stuff.

Hating a whole group of people because of the few that muck it up, is not much removed from hating a race of people for similar reasons. "Gangs of thugs writ large" only serves to show your true ignorance.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    Yeah, I guess I'm just outdated. I grew up in an era when you could depend upon the average cop for help; you were taught to respect them (because you were just a kid); and they were there to protect you. That lasted all the way up through High School for me. When did it start to change? How about around the mid-60s when the Anarchists and Anti-War protestors were ramping up...

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    Yeah, I guess I'm just outdated. I grew up in an era when you could depend upon the average cop for help; you were taught to respect them (because you were just a kid); and they were there to protect you. That lasted all the way up through High School for me. When did it start to change? How about around the mid-60s when the Anarchists and Anti-War protestors were ramping up...

Perhaps where you grew up. Police corruption and violence used to be much worse in many major cities. Read about it. The LAPD has had problems this entire century. The Denver police ran the largest burglary ring in the state in the early sixties. Dozens of them went to jail over it. Violence used to be much worse.

It's a perception thing. I hear people say, "When I was a kid, we could leave our doors unlocked, but now we can't." Look at the crime rates. You probably weren't any wiser doing it then than you are now.

MinuteManMike

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 28, 2008
    Lawrence, IN
    Most cops AREN'T this dumb. Hence why most, well, DON'T make the news.

The only ones that really make the news are the ones who do stupid stuff.

Hating a whole group of people because of the few that muck it up, is not much removed from hating a race of people for similar reasons. "Gangs of thugs writ large" only serves to show your true ignorance.

Ignorance? Nope, far from it.

No, actually it shows that I pay attention to stories that don't break national news.

And what do I see? The same patterns of cops acting criminally, their "blue brethren" ignoring and/or covering for them, prosecutors not doing their jobs and judges that give unwarranted credence to fellow government employees.

The system is rigged for them to do as they will. That's utter garbage.

I hope you suck-ups end up in their way some time. Might cure YOUR ignorance.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Ignorance? Nope, far from it.

No, actually it shows that I pay attention to stories that don't break national news.

And what do I see? The same patterns of cops acting criminally, their "blue brethren" ignoring and/or covering for them, prosecutors not doing their jobs and judges that give unwarranted credence to fellow government employees.

The system is rigged for them to do as they will. That's utter garbage.

I hope you suck-ups end up in their way some time. Might cure YOUR ignorance.

Golly, you seem like a swell guy.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom