• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dusterboy49

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Fremont
    I'm thinking it was someone in this guys neighborhood who knew he kept a weapon(s)
    in his vehicle.
    Apparently the person was trying to teach the victim a lesson.

DC47374

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    Richmond, IN
    Part of me hopes the guy who taught him a lesson doesn't get caught, because we all need to be responsible owners. The other part acknowledges he committed a crime. I'm torn on this one.

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    He should definitely face the punishment for that. The owner has most likely learned his lesson, if not, it may happen again and this time for real.

bartb

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2011
    Johnson County
    Scary, a reason to be more mindful where you leave your weapons and how they are secured. I hope they catch the person that took his weapons.

And I agree with hoosierdoc. It is lazy reporting not to post a transcript or actual news story below the video.

chasekerion4

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Here's the quote I gathered from this glorious article:

"I learned a lesson, a valid lesson" Maisonneuve told the television station. "I should not carry a loaded firearm in my car.

Yes, bub, that's the lesson here. You should absolutely carry an UNloaded firearm in your car.

DerekBogie

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2012
    Was the weapon that visible to be seen so easily or was the subject snooping around. Honestly i hope he does not get caught, but what happened to the ammo?

PriestEG

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 4, 2011
    Indianapolis
    I'm thinking it was someone in this guys neighborhood who knew he kept a weapon(s)
    in his vehicle.
    Apparently the person was trying to teach the victim a lesson.

i would have to agree. furthermore, probably some one with children who is afraid that thier kids might, do as kids do, and get into something they know they shouldnt and accidently get injured or even killed!

i hope the victem learned a lot from this embarassing situation

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Part of me hopes the guy who taught him a lesson doesn't get caught, because we all need to be responsible owners. The other part acknowledges he committed a crime. I'm torn on this one.

There is nothing to be "torn" about.
    Someone trespassed on private property and entered a vehicle (so what if it wasn't locked...it wasn't THEIR PROPERTY) and took something that didn't belong to them. I don't care if they returned it later, on my planet we call that THEFT. Pure and simple.
    The teaching of any "lesson" does not fall to the village or any idiots in it.

giovani

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2012
    I have to go with JetGirl on this one, even though I don't think its a good idea to keep a loaded gun unsecured.
    The perp came onto his property and stole his weapon.

zebov

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Lafayette, IN
    There's probably a way the criminal could have gotten his point across without breaking the law, depriving someone else of their property. Completely inappropriate and completely illegal. I find it ironic that the one committing the crime was trying to teach a lesson to the one who did nothing illegal:n00b:

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    :+1: Yep, that really grinds my gears.

Indeed Petter! :D

gears2.jpg

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    I would press for the Maximum Sentence for the Tool that was out to "teach him a lesson". Theft is Theft. Period. I don't care if the vehicle was unlocked and the doors open. What part of it was even close to being right?! The person(s) crossed onto someone else's property, then opened up the Car to get in it and take the Firearm(s). What part of that even sounds like an intelligent decision?!

Top Bottom