• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    Usually I would be completely against someone entering someone's car without permission. In this case, I feel like the guy was a possible safety hazard and needed to be taught a lesson. If the only thing they took were his bullets that tells me they just wanted to make sure no kids found a loaded gun.

My thought is that this probably wasn't the first time the gun owner has done this. A parent freaked out and felt compelled to do something about it. If it were indeed a malicious act they would have just stole the weapons.

Right or wrong, sometimes being a parent means we have to do what ever we feel is necessary to protect our children.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Usually I would be completely against someone entering someone's car without permission. In this case, I feel like the guy was a possible safety hazard and needed to be taught a lesson. If the only thing they took were his bullets that tells me they just wanted to make sure no kids found a loaded gun.

My thought is that this probably wasn't the first time the gun owner has done this. A parent freaked out and felt compelled to do something about it. If it were indeed a malicious act they would have just stole the weapons.

Right or wrong, sometimes being a parent means we have to do what ever we feel is necessary to protect our children.

Like teaching them gun safety and teaching them not to break in other's people car. :dunno:

As a parent you cant just steal all the guns on the planet and make sure they are not loaded to protect your children.
    The only thing you can do is teach your children how to be safe with them.

:twocents:

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green

You're right.

It is such a better example to Trespass with Criminal Intent, break into someone's Property, and Steal their Possessions.

I normally have a Rifle in my Truck that is loaded with my Truck unlocked at the Farm. Wanna come teach me a Lesson?!

I promise I'll shoot you to get the Dogs off of ya...

gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    Like teaching them gun safety and teaching them not to break in other's people car. :dunno:

As a parent you cant just steal all the guns on the planet and make sure they are not loaded to protect your children.
    The only thing you can do is teach your children how to be safe with them.

:twocents:

I can teach my kids that, but I can't teach that to your kids or other neighbor kids. My kids would never break into someone's car to get the gun, but that doesn't mean some other kid won't steal that same gun and shoot my kid with it.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    I can teach my kids that, but I can't teach that to your kids or other neighbor kids. My kids would never break into someone's car to get the gun, but that doesn't mean some other kid won't steal that same gun and shoot my kid with it.
    So?!

I did not realize being a Parent gave you the Badge to make sure the rest of us were being safe?!

Personally, I think Busy bodies should be Jailed...

gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    If the guy were a responsible gun owner there would be no need for busy bodies. For most things, I detest them. Since a loaded gun, in the wrong hands can be a matter of life or death, someone has to be the responsible adult. Too bad it wasn't the gun owner. If he wasn't going to lock the car then he should have at least had the gun secured better in the car.

When there are kids around, leaving a loaded gun in an unlocked car is a lot like leaving a loaded gun in your purse on the coffee table. It's no one's business until some innocent kid gets shot. Then should've, could've, would've doesn't mean a whole hell of a lot.

Here's a nice story about kids and unsecured guns in cars. Even though these kids were in the car with the guns it just proves kids are curious about guns and not all kids are taught not to touch them.

3-year-old-boy accidentally kills himself with gun found in car | KING5.com Seattle

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Responsibility is subjective.
    His private property was trespassed upon and his personal property was stolen.

The property owner is not the one who needed a "lesson" here.

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than those attending too small a degree of it."
    Thomas Jefferson

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    If the guy were a responsible gun owner there would be no need for busy bodies. For most things, I detest them. Since a loaded gun, in the wrong hands can be a matter of life or death, someone has to be the responsible adult. Too bad it wasn't the gun owner. If he wasn't going to lock the car then he should have at least had the gun secured better in the car.

When there are kids around, leaving a loaded gun in an unlocked car is a lot like leaving a loaded gun in your purse on the coffee table. It's no one's business until some innocent kid gets shot. Then should've, could've, would've doesn't mean a whole hell of a lot.

Here's a nice story about kids and unsecured guns in cars. Even though these kids were in the car with the guns it just proves kids are curious about guns and not all kids are taught not to touch them.

3-year-old-boy accidentally kills himself with gun found in car | KING5.com Seattle

I hope all kids are taught not to get into people's car and steal things.
    It's not like this guy went into some kid's house and left his loaded gun in the living room for the kid to find it later. :rolleyes:

So if a kid walk into your unloked house without you knowing, go to the kitchen and find a knife (I assume you dont lock your knife drawers) and cut himself, then you're not a responsible knife owner because that kid got hurt? :dunno:

The kid had no business being in your home like a kid would have no business looking it that car.
    It doesn't matter if the car is locked or not and if the gun is loaded/unloaded or kept in a safe inside the car.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green

Like I said up thread, there is one out in my driveway right now, matter of fact I'll up th ante for you, there is also one in the Pole barn hanging on a Nail, and another in the Barn stored the the same way. Wanna come and make the World a Safer Place from My Evil and Wicked Ways?! I will warn you right now though, there is 3 GSDs and A rott out side. Trespass at your own risk...

And what in the hell does that have to do with Criminal Trespass, Breaking and Entering, and Theft?!

Personally, The story reads to me like a Parenting failure, and not a Firearms Failure...

Some might even say it could even be Darwinism...

gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    I would rather all children get a chance to grow up without dying prematurely and senselessly from gun shot wounds. A dead child is much more than an inconvenience.

Securing a loaded weapon is an inconvenience, a dead kid because of your negligence is a tragedy.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Like I said up thread, there is one out in my driveway right now, matter of fact I'll up th ante for you, there is also one in the Pole barn hanging on a Nail, and another in the Barn stored the the same way. Wanna come and make the World a Safer Place from My Evil and Wicked Ways?! I will warn you right now though, there is 3 GSDs and A rott out side. Trespass at your own risk...

And what in the hell does that have to do with Criminal Trespass, Breaking and Entering, and Theft?!

Personally, The story reads to me like a Parenting failure, and not a Firearms Failure...

Some might even say it could even be Darwinism...
    :laugh: :yesway:

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I would rather all children get a chance to grow up without dying prematurely and senselessly from gun shot wounds. A dead child is much more than an inconvenience.

Securing a loaded weapon is an inconvenience, a dead kid because of your negligence is a tragedy.

Did you see my post about knives in your home, how is it different? :dunno:

Im not going to secure all the dangerous things that could hurt your child in case he breaks into my house and get hurts with knives, tools, guns, chemical products and whatnot.

Dont let your kid go to places where there are dangerous things and he wont get hurt.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green

So teach your Children to stay OUT of Property that they have no Right too....

If your little Snowflakes were to wander onto my Property, unannounced they would at least probably end up Dog Bitten, with a trip with a Deputy. They would have little damn opportunity to Break into my Buildings or Vehicles and Steal anything. Would you sue me for your Child Trespassing and being Bitten by my Dogs?!

The World is not the playground for your Kids...

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    That is it exactly. Because so many parents are failures and just don't give a damn, we have to watch out for their kids to keep our kids safe.
    No, no I do not...
    No I will not...

I could give less than a fart in a whirlwind if someones little Snowflake gets hurt or dies for that matter. It is not my Job in life to take care of the products of someones indiscretions, nor will I...

gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    Jeremy you live on a farm, your guns are probably pretty safe unless there are a bunch of kids nearby. You're probably not living in the middle of a sub-division some where like this guy is. Sorry buddy, but you're not a risk to small children so you can leave guns on your porch for all I care.

I grew up on a farm with loaded shot guns behind most doors. We knew not to touch them. If we had friends over, they knew not to touch them either.

City kids aren't usually taught these things unless their parents are gun owners.

The person who entered the car did it for the kids, that is why I am defending them.

Even if it is Darwinism, why should kids have to pay the ultimate price for having stupid and irresponsible parents?

Top Bottom