• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    So you don't agree with your neighbors dictating your ammo supply which could pose a real danger where houses are packed like sardines but siding on a house requires government force?
    Sorry about being ambiguous. So far as I am concerned neither the siding nor the ammo are any of the government's business.

Last edited:

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    You get a waiver from the code enforcement/city engineer once you explain what is going on when you are in the process of improving your property.
    You've emphatically stated that this guy's unfinished home was a "weapon" being used against his neighbors, and that their "rights" were violated by his inaction.

How in the world can government grant a waiver to allow that assault to continue? (I'm not asking who's office offers paperwork for the waiver.)

Using your analogies, its as if the government is allowing the neighbor to continue "shooting bullets into your home" or to continue "driving his truck down the public sidewalk."

Is your outrage going to disappear, so long as a bureaucrat grants the financial terrorist down the block a waiver? Aren't you still going to be clamoring for your fictional "right" to profitable investing?

It seems that any waivers would be like a government endorsement of what you perceive to be attacks on you. I can't see how you could logically be OK with waivers given the strong language you have used repeatedly in multiple threads.

What a load of crap.

I don't have a 'duty' to protect the property value of my neighbors, nor do I feel they have a 'duty' to do the same for me. Who decided that we all have this duty? Sounds like a bunch of collectivist nonsense.

Collectivist indeed.

The whole philosophy revolves around the axiom, "Public good before self-interest." The homeowner's opinion or financial situation is not as compelling as his neighbors' "right" to see attractive homes from their windows. The community's desires trump the individual homeowner's objections.

That slogan is found inscribed on some 80-year-old German coins I have collected.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    How in the world can government grant a waiver to allow that assault to continue? (I'm not asking who's office offers paperwork for the waiver.)

Using your analogies, its as if the government is allowing the neighbor to continue "shooting bullets into your home" or to continue "driving his truck down the public sidewalk."

Because the government wants compliance with the enforcement code so the rights of the neighbors are protected.

Because having long grass or crap siding is not an immediate threat to life such as when I drive *8th grader voice* MY PROPERTY on the sidewalk.

You issue a summons, you have a hearing, you decide liability and then if so a fine or specific performance order. You don't send in the SWAT team.:rolleyes:

It seems that any waivers would be like a government endorsement of what you perceive to be attacks on you. I can't see how you could logically be OK with waivers given the strong language you have used repeatedly in multiple threads.

Strong language? I have been very mild. Just talking about my property rights.

The community's desires trump the individual homeowner's objections.

The right to my property trumps his right to damage my property.

If the individual homeowner's objects to my objecting to his harming his property, he is out of luck. Get off the couch and get to work.;)

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    I believe in those things but I believe those things are not the role of government. How is the above any different than the left using the Bible to justify their welfare and healthcare programs?

You are absolutely right, they are no different. It is up to an individual to do good deeds, not for someone to force them to do them.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    What a load of crap.

I don't have a 'duty' to protect the property value of my neighbors, nor do I feel they have a 'duty' to do the same for me. Who decided that we all have this duty? Sounds like a bunch of collectivist nonsense.

You most certainly do have such a duty, and what is more, you must clean your room.:laugh:

We have a duty not to harm the rights of each other and this includes property rights. This may involve cancelling Firefly night and actually doing stuff.:D

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    You most certainly do have such a duty, and what is more, you must clean your room.:laugh:

We have a duty not to harm the rights of each other and this includes property rights. This may involve cancelling Firefly night and actually doing stuff.:D

For all of the Firefly insults, when do you find time to look at your neighbors property with all of that ambulance chasing?

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I'm glad you guys don't live next to me. I'd be hanging from the gallows for my unkempt yard.

9627f63c.jpg

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I'm pretty sure I saw pictures that you posted on here of your neighbors messy property. Also, didn't you complain about how it affected your property value and made your old house harder to sell?

That was my old house. Complain? Yes. Use the government gun to pistol whip my neighbors? No. Again, the quality of the neighborhood allowed me to get into that house cheaper to begin with. Should I complain that it contributed to a lower sale price?

My neighbor smokes outside while mowing the lawn. His smoke is affecting my right to enjoy my property. I'm going to demand a ban on all residential outdoor smoking.

There are more houses and apartments than there are families to fill them. When you build a new house and sell your old one, you are flooding the housing market and devaluing my house. I demand a moratorium on all new home building. This will bring the housing excess back in line and make my house worth more.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    That was my old house. Complain? Yes. Use the government gun to pistol whip my neighbors? No. Again, the quality of the neighborhood allowed me to get into that house cheaper to begin with. Should I complain that it contributed to a lower sale price?

My neighbor smokes outside while mowing the lawn. His smoke is affecting my right to enjoy my property. I'm going to demand a ban on all residential outdoor smoking.

There are more houses and apartments than there are families to fill them. When you build a new house and sell your old one, you are flooding the housing market and devaluing my house. I demand a moratorium on all new home building. This will bring the housing excess back in line and make my house worth more.

Agreed. The nerve of some people to build a new house and leave one vacant:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

thebishopp

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 26, 2010
    Indiana
    I'm pretty sure I saw pictures that you posted on here of your neighbors messy property. Also, didn't you complain about how it affected your property value and made your old house harder to sell?

I would say there is a difference between complaining and actually condoning government interference.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Have you ever considered joining a HOA?

The right to my property trumps his right to damage my property.
    Have you ever considered joining a HOA? If not, why not?

I have no sympathy for the guy whatsoever.

There have to be limits to prevent anarchy.

common sense ... Is it really that hard?

That is why there is a division of code enforcement.

Fair or not, its contrary to established public policy.

So you have no objection to a Gay Nudist campground funded by al-Qaeda next door to you?

Ignore someone in authority for 5 years and you will get chewed up.

I'm soooo confused. Are we being oppressed by the "commune" or Nazi fascists, or both?

Anyone whose idea of landscaping is this: is not welcome as my neighbor.

Financial success also falls under the pursuit of happiness, if your actions affect that right of property ownership to one day sell that property at a financial gain and not able to do so because of actions by an individual :poop: head that's properly is maintained in such a fashion that affects it, then you have had a direct affect on my pursuit of happiness.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog

Tried to rep ya for that. :D

Top Bottom