• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    It's a time proven fact that black neighbors drive away buyers. I provided the evidence already.

So? What now?
    You provided a heavily slanted "study". That is not evidence. Would you like me to find a "study" from the same school that shows why BHO is a wonderful president?

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    You provided a heavily slanted "study". That is not evidence. Would you like me to find a "study" from the same school that shows why BHO is a wonderful president?

Are you really going to try to tell me that there are no potential buyers out there that would avoid buying a home with several black neighbors?

Really?

mydoghasfleas

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Undisclosed
    When did we start allowing one mans property rights to extend beyond his property and onto the property of another?

This applies equally to both parties involved. You cant let your trash get onto your neighbors property, and by the same token your neighbor cannot force you to paint yours.

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    Are you really going to try to tell me that there are no potential buyers out there that would avoid buying a home with several black neighbors?

Really?
    No, I am not trying to tell you that. I am telling you that it is not something that drives property values down. The majority of people do not care about a black neighbor, and since values are based on what a majority of people would pay for something the values are not effected.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    Anyways, you are dancing around the real point and dodging the question, as I expected.

If having black neighbors lowered your property value, would you make them move?

Your answer is 'well they don't lower property value!' That's not the point. What if they did? What then? By your standard, anyone who does anything to detract from your property value is violating your 'right to profit'. If you can't answer these tough questions, then maybe you should rethink this position.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    No, I am not trying to tell you that. I am telling you that it is not something that drives property values down. The majority of people do not care about a black neighbor, and since values are based on what a majority of people would pay for something the values are not effected.

The number of potential buyers competing for your property determines it's value.

Supply and demand, I'm sure you've heard of it.

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    Anyways, you are dancing around the real point and dodging the question, as I expected.

If having black neighbors lowered your property value, would you make them move?

Your answer is 'well they don't lower property value!' That's not the point. What if they did? What then? By your standard, anyone who does anything to detract from your property value is violating your 'right to profit'. If you can't answer these tough questions, then maybe you should rethink this position.
    I didn't dodge anything. I addressed your question. As usual, you just didn't like the answer given.

You can't just say, "That's not the point." We live in a real world with real situations. This has nothing to do with tough questions because there is no real situation to cause a tough question.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    I didn't dodge anything. I addressed your question. As usual, you just didn't like the answer given.

You can't just say, "That's not the point." We live in a real world with real situations. This has nothing to do with tough questions because there is no real situation to cause a tough question.

That's why it's called a 'hypothetical'. Answering hypothetical questions is an important exercise when determining your beliefs.

But it's ok. I didn't expect you to be able to answer it.

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    The number of potential buyers competing for your property determines it's value.

Supply and demand, I'm sure you've heard of it.
    I have. I also know that if you got past basic economics in high school that there is more to the housing market and housing values than supply and demand.

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    You're right.

Obviously the REAL deciding factor is how your neighbor's siding looks.

Keep dodging.
    There is no dodging. Again, I have given you an answer. I have told you that you're wrong. I have told you how the real world works. This is the third time in this thread alone that this has happened to you. You continue to accuse those that don't pander to your demands and outrageous "hypothetical" questions as dodgers. You harp about someone not being able to have a logical conversation about something, yet you seem to be incapable of it yourself. This is the first time I have done this, but welcome to the ignore list.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    but welcome to the ignore list.

butt-hurt.jpg

Last edited:

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    I sincerely apologize for my OUTRAGEOUS demands that we carefully analyze our position (yes, maybe even with a few hypothetical questions, God forbid) before tossing people in jail over their siding.

nate1865

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 22, 2010
    Indiana
    Sounds like this guy has an authority problem.

Ignore someone in authority for 5 years and you will get chewed up. The wheels of government move slowly and grind finely.

In the end, his nose-thumbing is what got him in trouble.

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    It sounded like a financial problem. But anyways, screw that bum for not having $11,000.
    No, screw him for not appearing for his date in court. He had an opportunity to speak his piece and instead broke the law. Eventually you will get that.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    It sounded like a financial problem. But anyways, screw that bum for not having $11,000.
    If he bought more house than he can afford to keep up? That was his decision. And his decision to blow off local authorities for five years, rather than working out some arrangement, or possibly even getting an exemption. And his decision to ignore the court. Whether you agree or disagree with what happened, that was a really ill-advised decision.

Decisions, decisions. They have consequences.

Lots of people who can't afford their houses have been tossed. This guy's still comfortably ensconced. Not forced to move out on a steam vent, or to an OWS encampment.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    If he bought more house than he can afford to keep up? That was his decision. And his decision to blow off local authorities for five years, rather than working out some arrangement, or possibly even getting an exemption. And his decision to ignore the court. Whether you agree or disagree with what happened, that was a really ill-advised decision.

Decisions, decisions. They have consequences.

Lots of people who can't afford their houses have been tossed. This guy's still comfortably ensconced. Not forced to move out on a steam vent, or to an OWS encampment.

Obey tyranny and you won't have a problem?

Point taken.

Top Bottom