• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Westside

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Monitor World
    When you actually own something, you have no duty or obligation to treat it in a manner that makes your neighbor happy.

Being able to alter or destroy your own property is part of what it means to OWN it.

I'd love to see all of these points addressed by the pro-regulation crowd.
    you think you own property :rofl: just try not paying the taxes on it and see what happens. NO ONE owns property they just rent it from the .gov.

If you want to have unsightly property then by all means have at it. But if you go dumping chemicals in the ground that ruin my well water then I have a problem.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    When you actually own something, you have no duty or obligation to treat it in a manner that makes your neighbor happy.

No one is saying that. I am saying you cannot misuse your property to hurt others.

We are not talking about the colour of flowers, your paint scheme, but matters that impact habituation.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Now you're just pointing out what I have started to see. You are so caught up in the possibility that the "facists" are going to take over your land that you're teetering on forgetting what it means to be a decent human being. There shouldn't have to be "codes" saying how to treat your property, but when you get someone that has no regard for anyone else or how their actions effect others, the government feels the need to step in. I feel sorry for your neighbors if this is really your attitude and you're not just an internet :poop: stirrer.

Its pretty clear. Property rights includes the right to destroy.

If you don't support that, then just admit that you don't support property rights.

Property - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

an owner of property has the right to consume, sell, rent, mortgage, transfer, exchange or destroy it, or to exclude others from doing these things.[1][2][3]
    By the way, fascists have already have taken over my land. I'm not allowed to have a campfire, I'm not allowed to shoot even a BB-gun, I'm not allowed to shoot or a bow & arrow, I'm not allowed to remodel without permission, I'm not allowed to hunt in my wooded valley, etc, etc. This is on 6 acres surrounded by forest; no neighbors in sight.

Imagine my lack of enthusiasm when I read about the latest busy-body-of-the-week story.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I'm going to ask you this hypothetical AGAIN.

You're trying to sell your house. I tell people that I think your house is ugly. This negatively affected your property value.

Do you sue me? Can you sue anyone who does anything that lowers your property value? Where does it stop?

It depends, potentially you could be sued. Are you knowingly interfering with a contractual relationship?

If so then that is called Toritous Interfere with a Contract. I would then use the INGO-approved method of suing you in civil court.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    If so then that is called Toritous Interfere with a Contract. I would then use the INGO-approved method of suing you in civil court.

No, I'm not interfering with a contract. I'm speaking my mind. And it's effectively lowering your property value.

So? Should I be sued for this? Is this what you call 'liberty'?

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    Are you addressing me?

What are your tough questions?:dunno:

Here you go:

Can you sue anyone who does anything that lowers your property value? Where does it stop?

My house is small and cheap looking, yours looks like a palace. Do I have a 'duty' to tear down my house and build a nicer one so that your property value doesn't suffer? Where does this end, Kirk? What if my vehicle is rusty? Am I allowed to own a rusty vehicle in sight of your home? What if I'm fat and ugly? Am I allowed to be fat and ugly on my own property if it is next to yours?

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    No, I'm not interfering with a contract. I'm speaking my mind. And it's effectively lowering your property value.

Depends, maybe you are interfering with a contract maybe you are voicing your opinion of my house. Fact sensitive and that's why we have due process so someone can decide if you are a tortfeasor or not.

So? Should I be sued for this? Is this what you call 'liberty'?

Potentially you should be sued. This is called standing up for my rights, my property rights. This is why we have the INGO-approved civil court process to defend my rights.

DONT TREAD ON ME . . . or my property rights.:cool:

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    What if I write a negative review for a product on Amazon? Also leads to a loss of profit. Sounds like we need some more legislation.

Depends. Potentially defamation, but it is fact sensitive and a strategy call.

Legislation? No, you can just use the INGO-approved civil court system and sue for defamation.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    3og060.jpg

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Can you sue anyone who does anything that lowers your property value? Where does it stop?

My house is small and cheap looking, yours looks like a palace. Do I have a 'duty' to tear down my house and build a nicer one so that your property value doesn't suffer? Where does this end, Kirk? What if my vehicle is rusty? Am I allowed to own a rusty vehicle in sight of your home? What if I'm fat and ugly? Am I allowed to be fat and ugly on my own property if it is next to yours?

Anything? No.

It stops where the rule of law says it stops.

No, you do not have to tear down your house (without the existence of a contract not to build a small, cheap house).

If your vehicle is rusty, then check your state's vehicle code. If your vehicle's muffler, or horn, or brakes, or inter alia is crap, then you could receive a ticket.

I am unaware of any fat and ugly codes, although they could begin in 2014 with the implementation of Obamacare.:D

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I don't understand. How can it depend? By my actions I am lowering your property value. Just like an unsided house. Why would one possibly be ok but not the other?

Fair question.

Defamation, without a statute, depends on what happened. Maybe what you wrote was true and therefore not defamatory. It would depend.

An unsided house is covered by the language of the city ordinance. You are in violation or you are not.

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    Its pretty clear. Property rights includes the right to destroy.

If you don't support that, then just admit that you don't support property rights.
    Property - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

an owner of property has the right to consume, sell, rent, mortgage, transfer, exchange or destroy it, or to exclude others from doing these things.[1][2][3]
    Yes, it does include your right to destroy... UNLESS IT HAS BEARING ON MY PROPERTY.

You use the term "fascist" so freely, I would be interested to see how you would react met with real fascist actions.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    Let me make sure I'm clear on where I'm coming from with this argument.

I am not interested in city ordinances or statutes. I am discussing property rights in more of a moral sense.

Top Bottom