• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    But there it is -
    He wasn't killed for a cigarette. Cops make initial contact because of a legit call and he died because he was not cooperating at all. He completely resisted them.

As GFGT said - it wasn't worth dying for. Well, maybe for him it was cause he went for it.

Did they? Where's proof of that? Did the officers view the crime, or was it called in? If it was called in, under what authority do they have to physically restrain him?

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    Did they? Where's proof of that? Did the officers view the crime, or was it called in? If it was called in, under what authority do they have to physically restrain him?
    Can the police not detain you for suspicion of breaking the law if I there is probable cause?

bingley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    Did Cliven Bundy resist arrest? I don't know if positioning snipers constitutes resisting arrest.

I think Mr. Duck here would advocate putting some rounds in Bundy and family. Maybe he'd even volunteer collecting money owed to the feds in the dead or alive fashion.

If Garner resisted arrest, he didn't do it very hard. From the video, it looks like he mostly just passively asked the police to leave him alone. We have the freedom of speech in this country, right? Or did we suddenly become China? Garner didn't run or fight. I'd think our level-headed LEOs on INGO would be able to get him down to the station without killing him.

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    The fact of the matter is the guy is dead because he decided to resist. Sad but true. Anytime a physical altercation takes place people can easily get hurt or worse. The same goes for M Brown formerly of Furguson Mo. Brown is not dead over cigerellos and Gardner is not dead for selling smokes. To say other wise is just BS.

bingley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    The fact of the matter is the guy is dead because he decided to resist. Sad but true. Anytime a physical altercation takes place people can easily get hurt or worse.

I didn't see any physical resistance in the arrest video. In fact, he seemed compliant even after the police initiated the use of force. Where are you getting this "resisting arrest" thing from?

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I didn't see any physical resistance in the arrest video. In fact, he seemed compliant even after the police initiated the use of force. Where are you getting this "resisting arrest" thing from?
    From the video. No one that has watched the video, that I know, has claimed otherwise.

renauldo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jul 7, 2013
    2 close 2 Illinois
    Gardner killed himself. He was morbidly obese and had known heart and asthma conditions. He was 43?, I thought he was in his 60's from appearances. When the police informed him he was under arrest he should of just submitted to being handcuffed and hauled away. He was terminally stupid for not telling police on the scene of his conditions and "please be careful". If he had a valid issue with the "loosies" law he should of taken it up at his trial. The guy had run ins with the cops before and knew the routine. Perhaps he was facing jail time this time around. The store owner called police because a bum was outside breaking the law selling single cigarettes. Gardner chose to gamble with his life by resisting and lost. Police "takedowns"? seem to involve all manner of guys that flaunt the law and insult police authority until they're overpowered and on the ground. Then they squeal like girls "you're hurting me, the cuffs are tight, I can't breathe, you're messing my hair, don't scuff my shoes". The bottom line is THEY DON'T WANT TO BE ARRESTED.

Last edited:

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011

I've read several places that this all started with mutable store owners in the area calling in to complain about Garner peddling stuff in front of their stores.

I think Mr. Duck here would advocate putting some rounds in Bundy and family. Maybe he'd even volunteer collecting money owed to the feds in the dead or alive fashion.

What on earth does the Bundy ranch have to do with a street punk in NY? Apples and......Carambolas. :dunno:[h=3][/h]

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Here, it all comes down to this for me.... should the officers be held criminally liable for improper use of force (is anyone debating that a choke isn't) that leads to the death of a resistor (passive or not)? If I did what these officers did, I'd expect to go to jail.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I've read several places that this all started with mutable store owners in the area calling in to complain about Garner peddling stuff in front of their stores.

Ok, let's say that's true. Do think that meets the standard, without the officers themselves seeing the offense, to handcuff and detain a person? Regardless of his history, that's not how America is supposed to work.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    What caused the GJ to rule as it did?

In that I can't say. I'm honestly baffled. We all saw the vid. Perhaps, they had a reason to arrest him (which I'm having an incredibly hard time finding, and which I think is quite relevant). Do you have a theory as to why they didn't indict?

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Ok, let's say that's true. Do think that meets the standard, without the officers themselves seeing the offense, to handcuff and detain a person? Regardless of his history, that's not how America is supposed to work.

I wasn't there. Don't know what the officers saw or what Garner did to the officers to make them arrest him other than some ordinance in place. The video, you saw what I did. Looks like it starts after they were already determined to cuff him.

Besides the ordinance, could it be that the store owners had called and complained before and now he was trespassing there?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I wasn't there. Don't know what the officers saw or what Garner did to the officers to make them arrest him other than some ordinance in place. The video, you saw what I did. Looks like it starts after they were already determined to cuff him.

Besides the ordinance, could it be that the store owners had called and complained before and now he was trespassing there?

Your guess is as good as mine. The facts aren't out there, so it's easy to understand the anger.

Top Bottom